Dropped my 08 busa

Billy Busa

Banned
I dropped my 2008 busa while waxing my chain. I sure am glad I had frame-sliders, noo damage to the fairing. I did break half the clutch lever off and kinda scuffed the factory bazooka pipe on the left side. Im gonna get new after market exhaust anyways.

Frame sliders sure are a good thing to have.

Wish I had the frame sliders. I did the same thing but my leg broke the fall. Thanks leg. Only minimal scrapes. Feel your pain dude. Sorry to hear about that.

Next buy a quality rear stand and you wont have a mishap while doing chain maintenance
beerchug.gif

I diddent do no real damage. Just the clutch lever and stock muffler. Frame sliders save fairings, im a believer
beerchug.gif

This is a first.

How did you manage to drop the bike while doing chain maintenance.

Rear Stand!

Do you have pics of the frame sliders and where you mounted them? I would rather cut circles in my fairing than trash $2800 worth of parts.

Well funny thing...I dropped mine as well last night.

I park in front of the garage and have to get off to unlock it and pull in. As I was pushing it in my pant leg must have swept the kickstand just enough to let it fold when I put pressure on it. I was standing beside it with both hands on the steering but I didn't have the leverage to hold it up with my leg cause I was next to some Sea Kayaks I keep stored in the garage. The bike went down and I was pinned on the floor with it between my foot. It was leaking gas all over the place (not sure where it was coming from). I also had one hand under it. My right hand was free but still had my helmet on. Finally was able to get my cell phone out and call the wife to come help. If she wasn't home I would have done some damage to it. She was able to help me push it up and get it back on its feet. The only damage I have is a tiny paint chip in the cover and a small scratch on the stock muffler. I guess it was good I was able to get pinned under it.

The bike is a beast - I weigh 260 pounds and can dead lift a horse if I needed to but without the leverage I was a pinned unable to get out without ruining the bike.

Anyway - want to know if there is anything I should be concerned about if the bike tips over. I let it sit for awhile and than turned it over. The first run the oil light blinked for a second and went out. Anything I need to look at before giving hell again?

Thanks

you shouldnt have much to worry bout bikes are pretty resilant. I highsided at the track once and my oil light came on when i picked up the bike and started it. When it went off i rode it back the hr with a broken clutch lever to my house.

You should have called for help from the misses to get the bike off you.

I just posted this on someone elses thread that had dropped his, I almost dropped mine this weekend, I almost freaked out. I stopped in front of the house, and must have stepped wrong or something cause the bike just started to go down on the right side. I tried to keep it up as it was going down some how I slid off and was able to get underneath and stop it from going all the way down. I was like, WOAH, that was close, the neighbors were out too, I am sure they had a nice little laugh. I would have been pissed!!! Sorry that happened to you.

Back