Dropped It.

RatherBusa

Registered
Doh!

Going about 1 MPH, doing a u-turn on my street's cul-de-sac, turned just a little too narrow/slow, lost my balance and ka-boom... dropped it on it's left side. :banghead: It was if everything happen in slow motion because I hadn't had anything to eat all day (low blood sugar I think) and was a bit spacey.

Damage done:

• Stator cover
  • Nose ferring
  • Left-Side Ferring
  • Shift lever broke off

Besides shifter, just a bunch of scrapes and bruises, no broken pieces.

Looking for repair advice. Are they able to do touch-ups/buff/paint work or will they have to replace the plastics altogether? If they have to replace the nose, side ferring, stator cover and shifter piece, any idea how much I should expect to pay?

I know I am not providing pics (please don't ask :), but again, just topical scratches.

Thanks in advance...

Probably at least $750 depending on where you go your parts. Sorry to hear it about that. If you post up pics it would be easier to see if touching up the paint would work.

Depending on how bad parts are damaged possible to touch up,if not I can sell you some oem stuff at a discount and take your old parts as partial trade,lmk

Probably at least $750 depending on where you go your parts. Sorry to hear it about that. If you post up pics it would be easier to see if touching up the paint would work.

I will try to get some pics.

I'll probably goto the dealer since they are literally less than a mile down the road from my house. Bad idea? Remember, I lost the ability to shift while driving. :) I guess I could fix that myself.

Depending on how bad parts are damaged possible to touch up,if not I can sell you some oem stuff at a discount and take your old parts as partial trade,lmk

Let me get some pics up... then you guys can give me your thoughts if you will.

Thanks a bunch.

Some pics:

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Last edited:
Try ebay, when I got my baby a little rashed up last fall I got a pretty darn good deal on new side farings.

Been there done that.

$347 for one side fairing "Ebay"
$270 for the nose "Ebay"
$175 Pazzo Levers "Sponsor"
$2?? for a woodcraft stator cover or sand it down and paint your self for ~$20: I fixed mine and put it in the woodcraft box.
$150 for one air scoop which I still haven't got yet "Ebay"
$130 Front fender "Ebay"
$75 Buell foot pegs mod. "Member sale"
$unknown Left side muffler, Probably just upgrade
$125 Roaring Toyz New color matching mirrors "Ebay"

I'm already up to $1839 Excluding the left side muffler. My bike fell on both sides. Right side my fault, left side someone in my work parking lot.

Not a cheap fix but it does take care of some modifications that I was going to do anyways.

Last edited:
Been there done that.

$347 for one side fairing "Ebay"
$270 for the nose "Ebay"
$175 Pazzo Levers "Sponsor"
$2?? for a woodcraft stator cover or sand it down and paint your self for ~$20: I fixed mine and put it in the woodcraft box.
$150 for one air scoop which I still haven't got yet "Ebay"
$130 Front fender "Ebay"
$75 Buell foot pegs mod. "Member sale"
$unknown Left side muffler, Probably just upgrade
$125 Roaring Toyz New color matching mirrors "Ebay"

I'm already up to $1839 Excluding the left side muffler. My bike fell on both sides. Right side my fault, left side someone in my work parking lot.

Not a cheap fix but it does take care of some modifications that I was going to do anyways.

Yikes! Hopefully that's not my bill! Maybe you'll get it the way you want it, though.

What a drag. Sorry to see...

Your list says that the shift lever broke off, but it appears intact in one of the above pics.

Anyway, I hope you get her back together again in short order!!!

What a drag. Sorry to see...

Your list says that the shift lever broke off, but it appears intact in one of the above pics.

Anyway, I hope you get her back together again in short order!!!

I think he means his gear shifter

It always happens at a low speed.
A lot of damage though.???

With my water bottle incident I was lucky as most of the scratches were on the decal and the rest polished out!
Have carefull look maybe just replacing the decal will cover most of the damage.
Further a sticker or two does a great job in covering other marks.
Replace the shifter and some touch up paint and you are there.
Bad news is you are going to drop her again at one stage or other.

It really hurts when one damages your bike.???

Regards

Back