driving across the country...

TommyGunn1300

Registered
i'm flying out to Seattle WA with a group of friends to pick up my friends brothers car and truck and bring it back to NC. what can we expect on that long drive? any must see places to see along the way? i have never been past TN but have been to CA,NV and AZ but we didn't drive that trip.

any suggestions?

ahhhh nice. where in seattle are you gonna pick it up?? If you wanna go out of your way a bit, go check out Rainier and St. Helens...amazing sight really.

My brother did a trip from Cali to VA. He said it was very enjoyable. He found quite a few pull offs to check out som scenery and look for stuff to do where he would pull in for the night.

Damn Tommy....that drive is no joke. If you are driving back in multiple cars....you might want to consider some two way radios. Makes for fun times and easy communication (spot a LEO or "hot blonde in the left lane") back & forth. :thumbsup:

Be curious to hear what the gas bill total is. *ouch*
Good luck and be safe.!

ahhhh nice. where in seattle are you gonna pick it up?? If you wanna go out of your way a bit, go check out Rainier and St. Helens...amazing sight really.

thanks, we might check that out. i'm not sure of the name of the town but i knows its near a military base

Damn Tommy....that drive is no joke. If you are driving back in multiple cars....you might want to consider some two way radios. Makes for fun times and easy communication (spot a LEO or "hot blonde in the left lane") back & forth. :thumbsup:

Be curious to hear what the gas bill total is. *ouch*
Good luck and be safe.!

lol, yeah we are taking a set of 2-ways not sure what the gas bill is going to be but its not on us :)

whats it like going though montana, idaho, etc?

Pioneer Square in downtown Seattle is great for music. Also the Seattle Underground Tour is worth it. Snoqualamie (sp?) Falls is pretty.

Pioneer Square in downtown Seattle is great for music. Also the Seattle Underground Tour is worth it. Snoqualamie (sp?) Falls is pretty.

i work in P Square :p.. music scene is kind of dead in seattle.. and ive still never done the underground tour :p

but yes, find out the name of the town and ill give you a few things locally to do.

Save gas by keeping the speed at around 70. You will also stay under the radar of law enforcement. Wouldn't it suck to get a speeding ticket driving somebody else's car as a favor cross country.
The two way radios would be great for the trip to keep the minutes off your cell phone.

Back