DRAGONS BREATH RIDE  (Vman1300)

Somebody let me know if Kev needs a hand with this and I'll be glad to help teach a "gap course." This won't be my first trip down the dragon.......
beerchug.gif

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

Draggin.JPG

Guys,
I don't mean to thread jack here, but let me take a minute to talk about Ian. Last year, after my spill, Ian ended up being my inadvertant riding partner as we tried to meet up with everyone for the photoshoot. We went out and Ian would talk with me at the stop signs (I was very tight and apprehensive about riding - hopefully more than I let on
smile.gif
)
Anyway, he was the biggest reason that I was able to make a couple of passes on the Dragon that day, he helped to ease me back into some relative comfort on Bessie.

Besides that, I almost fell over when he hit that dang bird... too bad we didn't have video for that. So, if you are looking for help with improving your Dragon experience, Ian and Kevin are definately two great people to work with...

Just my .02

DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO RIDE WITH IAN, BUT CHATTIN WITH HIM AT THE PHILLIPS WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO CERTIFY HIM AS GOOD PEOPLE!!!

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND. HE CAN ALMOST GET A KNEE DOWN....
bowdown.gif

DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO RIDE WITH IAN, BUT CHATTIN WITH HIM AT THE PHILLIPS WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO CERTIFY HIM AS GOOD PEOPLE!!!

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND. HE CAN ALMOST GET A KNEE DOWN....
bowdown.gif
Alright fine! Here's a knee drag photo for ya. You guys shoulda been there when I hit that damn bird; it was hilarious!

Ian

IMGP2258revised.jpg

Thanks Vman I think I'll join this ride if there's still room, the problem is going to be keeping up with all these rides I want to sign up for
beerchug.gif
, I look forward to the lesson!

What time is this starting? I signed up for the Cherahola with rookie ride as well, will I be able to do both? Maybe I missed the start time hmmm

VMan I like to Sign up for a Rookie Ride I have two other in my group as well Thanks. Jon(Loomis).

Ian I was actually gonna give you call last night about helping.....seems I didnt have too...thanks bro.... Maybe I will use the R1 for the rides that way we can get some good action shots of us on the Hill.

With Ian helping out as well, I am sure there will be enough room for everyone. Well at least I hope. As the day gets closes, we will set up times for each group.

It will be after the photo shoot on Saturday. Just give me some time to get some grub. Gotta feed the machine, lol....

Maybe 12:30 or so.....

For those wanting to do both rides, we will get it handled.. no need feeling rushed or like you are going to miss out.. We can always delay or create a second flight of bikes for the Cherohala 125 run..

Last thing you want to do is feel "hurried" , rather than have anyone feeling squeezed for time, we will delay the departure from the motel... READ: THERE IS NO RUSH...... (only screws up everyones weekend)

Also part of the reason of these "posted" rides was to eliminate any stress for people that do not know the area..

With 60 days lead time, we can adjust the schedule and make sure everyone has a great time and gets the rides they want..

I can fully empathize with "not knowing" where to be or "when" to be there.. BTDT

For those wanting to do both rides, we will get it handled.. no need feeling rushed or like you are going to miss out.. We can always delay or create a second flight of bikes for the Cherohala 125 run..  

Last thing you want to do is feel "hurried" , rather than have anyone feeling squeezed for time, we will delay the departure from the motel...    READ:  THERE IS NO RUSH......  (only screws up everyones weekend)

Also part of the reason of these "posted" rides was to eliminate any stress for people that do not know the area..  

With 60 days lead time, we can adjust the schedule and make sure everyone has a great time and gets the rides they want..

I can fully empathize with "not knowing" where to be or "when" to be there..  BTDT
The Cherohala 125 starts at Robinsville and heads up past Crot and through the Dragon.  We can setup a meet point on the north side of the Dragon to meet up with the Dragon's Breath Riders.  I'm expecting at least 45 min from Robbinsville to rest area between the Dragon and the Foothills Parkway.  That will give you some more learning time with Kevin.

Last thing you want to do is feel "hurried" , rather than have anyone feeling squeezed for time, we will delay the departure from the motel... READ: THERE IS NO RUSH...... (only screws up everyones weekend)

I can fully empathize with "not knowing" where to be or "when" to be there.. BTDT
The Cherohala 125 starts at Robinsville and heads up past Crot and through the Dragon. We can setup a meet point on the north side of the Dragon to meet up with the Dragon's Breath Riders. I'm expecting at least 45 min from Robbinsville to rest area between the Dragon and the Foothills Parkway. That will give you some more learning time with Kevin.
ya see that!! (why he as the big red "Admin" thing going on under his name)

For those posting interest, I will pull the names off the thread prior to bash and post the list..

As long as you are at the Crossroads when the rides form, you will be firsts in line.. Only way I know to do this and keep it manageable.. It will be up to you guys to self police a bit if a lot of people decide to do this... As the groups are small, it is possible that not everyone will get to do this.. If your name is number 15 on the list, try and respect the other 14 in front of you.. Thanks!!

Kevin is not superman and thanks to Ian (Redline Stands) for pitching in if he can... Props guys!!

Sounds like the best plan. I know Ian and I can help quite a few on Saturday weather permitting and as long my energy level holds out.

I will more than likely make these runs on the R1 due to the light weight and easier manageable on the Hill.

Back