Dragon Closed 'til Sept 1st!

Plenty of good riding in the area even not having the dragon open, I'm not in the least bit worried. Either way everyone that wants to will still have fun!

Ehh..even if it is still closed then maybe the traffic won't be so bad with everyone else staying home...I'm looking forward to the skyway actually

Well I've decided I'm not going.......*pouts* *arms folded*

HAHA! OF course I'll still be there! Lycan says I don't have a choice in the matter :poke:

:laugh:

Im ready no matter what roads are open or closed. Jules you ready to play chase the motard.

Where else can I see all my ORG brothers and sisters?? See you ALL in a few weeks!!!:beerchug:

TN won't leave that road closed that long, there are no really good routes around it so they've got to clear it, unless it's the magnitude of the I40 slide...

Well, the biggest downfall will be for those that were going to ride the dragon for the first time. I encourage you to come along anyway, good times, great friends and there are still plenty of amazing sites to be seen all through the area... :thumbsup:

+1! :thumbsup:

Well, I can tell ya...today was 74 degrees and I rode across the skyway, up 129 to the border...back around....2 days worth of riding...700 miles. WHAT A GREAT SPRING BREAK!! Great riding up there, dragon or no dragon.

I will post up another thread with some video from this week. I love my 'busa :)

I'm still going, but after seeing the pics, governor's letter, and the TENNESSEE HIGHWAY PATROL, I say screw Tennessee. Read Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC . One cop after another with only one thing in mind, Ticket_Ticket_Ticket. When they aren't doing this, they do nothing but harrassment. The State Of Tennesee doen't want us there. If we do, you better bring alot of cash. Holding a "television related device" while driving is any kind of camera. A catch all phrase. It's just a way of keeping US from recording them from their harrassment!!!!!So don't record, don't touch the yellow line, don't drive a motorcycle, don't go faster than 20, just don't I say. NC writes that they WANT us to be there. Tenn. say go away. My hard earned money should go for me and my pleasure, not harrassment.
This page is a must!!!!! The state police say the're trying to keep us safe. And yet, THEY can't stay on the darn road. I sure don't want to take a corner and find one of them idiot cops riding halfway in mine!!!

Ticket for Television related device..jpg

thumbsdown.jpg

THP_Following too close.jpg

Leo_wrong-lane001.jpg

TNHP_sign2.jpg

Welcome to Tenn..jpg

WrongLane-Leo.jpg

Here's another point. They start to rake us over( the Tenn. State Police and Tenn. itself) at the drogon. We protest, we write and patition, and we share info to each other. So, I came across the pictures from the rockslide that is closing down the Dragon. From the time of 1987 to 2000 I drove semi-dump trucks and non semi-dump trucks. I went in and out of alot of rock quarrys. To get the rocks up, they blast them, causing a single deep hole and making large rocks along with smaller ones. They then have to be crushed to be deliverable. Now bare with me.
As you see in these 2 pictures, the bottom picture shows the massive large rocks as I mentioned before that happens after blasting. The above picture shows the tell-tale signs of a blast. These 2 pics in my mine make me wonder if the state of Tennesse didn't blast the road over themselves. Remember that the state of Tenn. refuses any and all help from any other state, causeing the essesively long time to clear the way. And....NOBODY was injured, on a major road, on a blind curve!!
You be the judge and see if questions don't start coming up.

Rockslide at the Dragon001.jpg

Rockslide at the Dragon_from above001.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still going, but after seeing the pics, governor's letter, and the TENNESSEE HIGHWAY PATROL, I say screw Tennessee. Read Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC . One cop after another with only one thing in mind, Ticket_Ticket_Ticket. When they aren't doing this, they do nothing but harrassment. The State Of Tennesee doen't want us there. If we do, you better bring alot of cash. Holding a "television related device" while driving is any kind of camera. A catch all phrase. It's just a way of keeping US from recording them from their harrassment!!!!!So don't record, don't touch the yellow line, don't drive a motorcycle, don't go faster than 20, just don't I say. NC writes that they WANT us to be there. Tenn. say go away. My hard earned money should go for me and my pleasure, not harrassment.
This page is a must!!!!! The state police say the're trying to keep us safe. And yet, THEY can't stay on the darn road. I sure don't want to take a corner and find one of them idiot cops riding halfway in mine!!!

Here's another point. They start to rake us over( the Tenn. State Police and Tenn. itself) at the drogon. We protest, we write and patition, and we share info to each other. So, I came across the pictures from the rockslide that is closing down the Dragon. From the time of 1987 to 2000 I drove semi-dump trucks and non semi-dump trucks. I went in and out of alot of rock quarrys. To get the rocks up, they blast them, causing a single deep hole and making large rocks along with smaller ones. They then have to be crushed to be deliverable. Now bare with me.
As you see in these 2 pictures, the bottom picture shows the massive large rocks as I mentioned before that happens after blasting. The above picture shows the tell-tale signs of a blast. These 2 pics in my mine make me wonder if the state of Tennesse didn't blast the road over themselves. Remember that the state of Tenn. refuses any and all help from any other state, causeing the essesively long time to clear the way. And....NOBODY was injured, on a major road, on a blind curve!!
You be the judge and see if questions don't start coming up.

Nice informative posts Victor....that large hole is a bit suspicious...definitely makes you think. I was unaware of Tennessee's negative view toward visitors in that area & tendency to write so many citations.
Eh! Like others have posted....plenty of other good routes to run w/out stepping over into their state.

I dont wanna poo poo your points there Giger, but those pics are from I40 not from the dragon. US129 is not a divided 4 lane highway where the slide is, nor is it at any point within 50miles of the dragon.

Giger, I didn't take time to read your posts in their entirety at first. Wow... Check your facts much? :poke: Nobody's making you come to TN in the first place.

Last edited:
Every now and then TN SHP decides to enforce the rules. Usually happens when there are a bunch of wrecks in a short time frame and they want to slow people down.

Meh. If they really wanted to, they would enforce it all the time. When I've been there, I haven't really seen them around (knock on wood)

Back