Down...and out!

Busa...absolute bummer...I would recommend u get an attorney and quick. Her insurance company is going to position itself for a quick settlement and gun it so they don't get caught with all of the medical costs associated latter on.
Be smart...there may be injuries there that take forever to get physical therapy for. I hope this isn't the case for you...but don't sign anything with them before checking it out with an attorney..and I avoid them like the plague...but when you need protection...gotta have em.
Lastly, glad you survived it and shared your thoughts..

Busa...absolute bummer...I would recommend u get an attorney and quick. Her insurance company is going to position itself for a quick settlement and gun it so they don't get caught with all of the medical costs associated latter on.
Be smart...there may be injuries there that take forever to get physical therapy for. I hope this isn't the case for you...but don't sign anything with them before checking it out with an attorney..and I avoid them like the plague...but when you need protection...gotta have em.
Lastly, glad you survived it and shared your thoughts..

+1 get a lawyer.
i am glad your ok. it is smart to wear your gear (or atleast most of it). a wipeout like that can really open your eyes and make you re-evalueate things.
:poke: winter is a great time to get a good deal on a, new/new to you, motorcycle.:whistle:

heal quick :beerchug:

sorry bout that and hope you heal well...and +1k on the get a lawyer thing

Wow, thanks for the prayers and support. I still cannot believe I walked away from that wreck! The insurance guy who came to my office for settlement on the bike said he couldn't believe I was still alive--but that bravado only made my wife cry.

I am keeping all my gear and tools. I want to ride again, but winter is approaching and my "new" car (a 2000 Grand Marquis with only 69K miles) is the smart way for me to commute right now. Yes, I bought an old Grand Marquis because, after all, I really am a grandfather!

I just got back from an MRI, and even before getting the official word from the radiologists, I'm pretty sure I'll need some knee work soon. In the meantime, I'll just keep using the cane, as it generates random acts of kindness from people: for example, ladies hold the door open for me!

I miss the bike dearly (HMF high mount carbon fiber pipes, PCIII, fender eliminator, plus other goodies). I plan to hang out on the Forum for a long time, so I'll be in touch with you all.

Ride safely. ATGATT. Give thanks to God every day you're alive!

sorry to hear about the bike and the bruises...prayers sent for a full recovery

Hope for a speedy recovery. And thankful to God that you're still here to tell your story. Hope to see you on two wheels again soon as if that were a cage you were in vs the bike, you'd still been in a potential very bad wreck and she may not have been here to admit it was her fault. So tell the wifey that there's no what if games. HE didn't want you gone yet.

glad your ok, also glad she was insured properly glad she is ok but... sometimes natural selection misses a few cagers...stupid people suck

Very pleased to hear you are alive and getting better! Very pleased to be able to have you reiterate the importance of wearing your gear!:beerchug:

Back