Doesn't anybody on the planet use

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Okay, I have been to every speed shop and auto parts store in town and no one even knew what I was talking about. Doesn't anybody use Tq Stripe anymore -

(And if you do, where can I find some??)

rock.gif
what is it?

Not pastaguage torque strip, and yes I use it need a NSN for it? Try a large truck tire shop. It goes over nuts after they have been torqued, it dries like a hard plastic. If the stripe of torque stripe has broken then you know the nut has loosened.
Torque stripe is sometimes called anti sabotage paint.

Ahhhhh,

Thanks Gunny, sounds like some good stuff... Damn helpful.

Not pastaguage torque strip, and yes I use it need a NSN for it? Try a large truck tire shop. It goes over nuts after they have been torqued, it dries like a hard plastic. If the stripe of torque stripe has broken then you know the nut has loosened.
Torque stripe is sometimes called anti sabotage paint.
Now I know! Is that a brand, or is it Mil spec? I guess I have seen it on equipment but never on a store shelf.

Sorry guys, thanks for the replies - I was out for awhile. Gunny nailed it, I got in the habit of using it as a mech on helicopters - but all that I had, I have either given away or it dried up. I really don't want to use nail polish (though it will work). It's a habit you know? I look for the stripe to make sure that my Tq hasn't slipped. Stuff still feels tight after backing out - next thing you know, bolt is missing...
AND YES I DO TORQUE MY OIL DRAIN PLUG -
tounge.gif

I wanted to buy some out right, and not burden the taxpayers, but that looks like it might be my best option... I thought for sure that a speed shop would have it, especialy since most of those guys (that I know) don't like to use lock-tight.
Guns - if ya got the NSN for me, I would be most appreciative!

bump.gif
making sure you saw this if you're still looking for the stuff.
cool.gif

Back