Does your kitchen sponge wind up smelling moldy and nasty ?

Anyone have recommendations on how to clean and get your disposal!?

garbage disposal? should be attached with hose clamps. unplug and remove and flush out backwards with a garden hose if its nasty.

my mom bought a store and it had a pretty big one that would let smaller chunks stick in the middle. need to be cleaned once in a while.

OMG Ken If you only knew...

Lets take a look at one contract.
100k worth of tools from Grainger to Al Udeid AB in Qatar.
Award was for 97K. Cost of goods was 81k.
Interest on short term loan was 3%.
Shipping was 9k..
Ok so now I have 4570 left.
Items get there and no duty exemption letter is issued to ACT for goods bound for US base.
The Qataris want 5% to clear and deliver..
This is first time in over ten yrs a US base has not issued me a letter of exemption..
So whats 5% of declared value of 81k ?
$4050 bucks.
So in the end after aprox 90 days I cleared $520 ....:cheerleader:
:banghead:

Not halliburton and I dont get 90 bucks for a case of coke !

you probably even carry a couple of these...

zero-halliburton-appollo-11-case-0.jpg

Uhm..if 3-4 dish sponges a month can't be afforded, then i believe someone is living Waaay beyond their means. At the least, one of the "kiddies" got one too many useless Christmas presents last year.

or else someone needs to get off here every once in a while and make a little more $ instead of ho'ing up their post count :whistle:

garbage disposal? should be attached with hose clamps. unplug and remove and flush out backwards with a garden hose if its nasty.

my mom bought a store and it had a pretty big one that would let smaller chunks stick in the middle. need to be cleaned once in a while.

Fill a bucket up with hot water . As your pouring it into disposal squirt a big gob of dish soap in there and flip the switch. It will foam up and bubble like crazy cleaning that sucker out.
Do it a couple times.
What I do ...:beerchug:

Uhm..if 3-4 dish sponges a month can't be afforded, then i believe someone is living Waaay beyond their means. At the least, one of the "kiddies" got one too many useless Christmas presents last year.

Ace all due respect I'd rather smother my kids in useles gifts like 4 wheelers than throw good sponges away.

$ is not a problem. I just dont like being wasteful.

or else someone needs to get off here every once in a while and make a little more $ instead of ho'ing up their post count :whistle:

Thats 'HOH' as in Hooked on Helping...:laugh:

:bowdown:

+1 post

0 my post count if you think thats what I care about.
Notice no toaster ?
Could care less about the count.

Last edited:
Disposer Care - Lemon Scented Garbage Disposal Cleaner (Safe for Septic tanks and PVC pipe)
41TU%2BAi7tYL._SL500_AA300_.gif

Stuff one in the drain with a trickle of water, flip the switch and watch her foam. :thumbsup:

Disposer Care - Lemon Scented Garbage Disposal Cleaner (Safe for Septic tanks and PVC pipe)
41TU%2BAi7tYL._SL500_AA300_.gif

Stuff one in the drain with a trickle of water, flip the switch and watch her foam. :thumbsup:

That looks like something I need to try! Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

I soak the sponge and microwave on high for 1 minute. I read that this was sufficient.

Who knows....I could die from a bacterial infection tomorrow.:poke:

THANKS BLANCA! I hate the smell of bleach. It brings back so many childhood memories of my mum soaking cloths in bleach, bathrooms splashed with bleach, containers soaked in....bleach.

I will be using this microwave technique! No more bleach hoorah! :thumbsup:

Hey look at that worldwide help now !
Puggle your welcome and I miss talking to you lately .
Hope all is well .

Ps....almost time for summer Girl Scout Cookies :laugh:

If this thread last much longer its going to wind up smelling moldy and nasty :whistle:

Heres your random kitchen tip of the day. Not sure if any of you do this.

Does your kitchen scrubber or sponge or whatever you use to hand wash dishes at home wind up stinky and smelly before it wears out ?
If so do this.

Take a microwave safe container and fill it 3/4 full of water.
Put 2-3 drops of dishwashing detergent in there add sponge and nuke it for 4-5 minutes.
Too much soap and too much time and you will have too much bubbles so be carfeul.
The combination of super hot water and the microwaves will kill any and all bacteria. The bacteria is what makes it smell bad. Also it sterilizes it so you arent smearing germs around on your dishes .
Take it out carefully as it will be very hot..duh..rinse it with cold water and viola new fresh clean smelling sponge you can use again and again till it wears out...:thumbsup:

There you go Takeuon, your tip of the day...:beerchug:

I've heard of this years ago. It really works. Thanks for sharing.:beerchug:

If this thread last much longer its going to wind up smelling moldy and nasty :whistle:

:rofl:
:beerchug:

peace Bubba .

Just since we all ride the same , shoot the same and talk the same I figured our wives are same .
Just throw it in the can and open a new one .
Don't worry he'll just pay for more .

Find friends and eat at their house. Saves on sponges and cleaning.

Good tip Blanca...just had to poke a little here!

Find friends and eat at their house. Saves on sponges and cleaning.

Good tip Blanca...just had to poke a little here!

Dr E poke all you want . I can take it and take nothing seriously .
Heck growing up in TN named Saiid my skin toughened up pretty quick. Then moving to CT with a hic accent saying Y'all and 'fixin' and being named Saiid gave me another layer ! :rofl:
Lastly anyone else who rides another white Busa can say all they want :beerchug:

Ok , let me try again.. sponge to clean = water , soap , bleach, microwave - electric, etc etc.. Or Big Lots have them for 10 cents each, then instead of wasting the old one , use it to clean the bike from , lawn mower, car rims ,= recycle.. Not Time and $$ lost, and a steady supply of clean sponges for dishes for a dime each...

Back