Does your family approve or I am I being selfish to buy another Busa

First...people who don't ride simply don't get it. I do not listen to what people who do not ride have to say about motorcycles. Secondly, LIFE in general is dangerous so the illusion that not riding a motorcycle makes someone any safer is wishful thinking. Lastly, if you ride responsibly and make sure your family is cared for...then go for the bike.

+10000 on the life insurance. I almost veered off the road at a high rate of speed and came very close to selling both bikes. I've decided to keep both bikes and focus on riding safely getting my gear together. I think looking ahead, following the speed limit, and being able to react to the unexpected greatly improves your chance of making it home okay. I have a turbo busa so the second task is sometimes hard. I realize that I can die anyday, being on a motorcycle just increases my chances. My wife backs me up up but always stresses to be careful. I drive defensively now and am trieng to get my bike to become more visible to others.

The answer is______________, wait for it___________, Yes :cheerleader:I have at least one more Busa in life to ride. Thanks for everyone's comments, they were overwhelmingly in support to ride again. I am always responsible and do have my life ins and things in order. Good advice. The last 2009 Black Busa, I had was set up for sport touring. The reason I sold that one was financial and wanted to upgrade to a newer used truck. I should've kept the 09 close to stock but with the Busa loan and about a extra 3 to 4 k in mods/debt, I had to much going out each month on it. This time around, lesson learned and I am going to just keep her close to stock and place all efforts in paying her off early and once paid off piece meal my mods. with the no longer previous monthly Busa payments and get ur done. That way I'll have her long term with no financial issues again.
Another thing is I am getting a brand new 2012 White Busa, with one year warranty. This will be the second time ever buying new. The first time was in 1986 on a Kaw. baby Ninja 250cc when I was 16 years old (43 now). I got what I think is an incredible deal of $10,250 out the door. That did not include the $640 Il. tax and $200 Il title paperwork. I am finalizing the loan now and have to wait until next week to bring her home. The Busa is in WI.

God Bless and Ride safe..............................Anthony

First off I think that is a very good deal on a 2012. That is right about dealer invoice, or so they told me when I bought my 2012 in 2013 for the same price. If they are keeping the $500 rebate then they are making $500 which I think is fair when you figure they have to make a living too.

I think it is fair to have a toy if you can afford it. That is the bi question. If you have a bike payment, and don't forget insurance it aint cheap, and that will take away from your families need or even their recreation then I would say wait and save. If you have all your bases covered, mamma can have something nice that she wants too, and you can still go out to dinner once in a while or go on vacation then who are you hurting?

I have always had one nice toy. I sold my boat last year and upgraded my Suzuki Bandit to a new Busa. When I get the Busa paid off in a couple of years I will probably get another boat. We still have extra money and I still have my toy. To me it makes working 50 plus hours a week worth it. When the alarm goes off at 5:30am I get up and thank God for the opportunity to go out and earn a living for my family and for having more than enough to get by. I think a big part of that is having a bike I love and truelly appreciating it.

Now safety, well I can see both sides of that. you are putting yourself out there with the 7 out of 10 and in a vulnerable position. I think only you can decide for yourself if it is worth it and I would not feel right telling you do so unless you are comfortable with the decision. If you decide that it is orth the risk than wear a helmet and safety gear and be careful!

If it does not get in the way of taking care of your bills and family, by all means go get another busa and enjoy the ride.

When someone tells me ohh its dangerous i tell them this story i heard from a co-worker.

His friend was walking around the local track at a school. Random guy walks up to him shoots him in the head and leaves. They catch the shooter, his reasoning behind killing the guy was "I just wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone." He didnt know him it was just a random act at a school walking around a damn track witch youd assume would be pretty darn safe in comparison......

So it doesnt matter if your walking around a track, down the block, cruising down the highway on 2 wheels or 4 when its time to go its time to go you have no say.

The only one's you owe any responsbility towards are your wife and children...those other relatives 'opinions' are like everyone else's 'opinions' - the don't count.

If you have life insurance, and you can afford it, you've done what you can for your family. Your wife may not love it, but it sounds like she recognizes you NEED it to be who you ARE, then I say good luck and go for it. Best of luck.

I sense that you're a bit afraid to buy the bike, probably for financial reasons.
Once a biker always a biker. At the end of the day such decisions are always down to money, not what others think.

If you 'want" it, get it, not if you "need" it.

Congrats on the new beast. good decision and if you put that much thought into it you'll treat it right and ride responsibly. I've always found that people who live for tomorrow only regret yesterday. you can get killed in so many ways at any givin moment so enjoy life today, and that's coming from a guy who died twice cause of a hot tub in winter. life has a way of giving you subtle hints. you felt like part of you was missing and now you found it. Enjoy it, and also :worthless:

Took me 20 years to get a bike back in the garage. It wasn't good therapy over that period of time to see other riders and space out wishing I hang a dang bike. Best "rebellious" thing I've done yet, I just freakn love it when I put my tunes on and hit the road!

it's awesome that you were able to get back on 2 wheels! I have offered to sell the busa if my wife wanted me to after we found out our son was on the way. Would I have missed it? ABSOLUTELY, but my wife is awesome and will not let me sell it. I have mentioned getting a street glide to add to the stable and the possibility of selling the busa and she still wont let me do it. I'm extremely lucky. I have a busa, saving my pennies for a street glide and my wife approves of both

The answer is______________, wait for it___________, Yes :cheerleader:I have at least one more Busa in life to ride. Thanks for everyone's comments, they were overwhelmingly in support to ride again. I am always responsible and do have my life ins and things in order. Good advice. The last 2009 Black Busa, I had was set up for sport touring. The reason I sold that one was financial and wanted to upgrade to a newer used truck. I should've kept the 09 close to stock but with the Busa loan and about a extra 3 to 4 k in mods/debt, I had to much going out each month on it. This time around, lesson learned and I am going to just keep her close to stock and place all efforts in paying her off early and once paid off piece meal my mods. with the no longer previous monthly Busa payments and get ur done. That way I'll have her long term with no financial issues again.
Another thing is I am getting a brand new 2012 White Busa, with one year warranty. This will be the second time ever buying new. The first time was in 1986 on a Kaw. baby Ninja 250cc when I was 16 years old (43 now). I got what I think is an incredible deal of $10,250 out the door. That did not include the $640 Il. tax and $200 Il title paperwork. I am finalizing the loan now and have to wait until next week to bring her home. The Busa is in WI.

God Bless and Ride safe..............................Anthony

Update- 5-24-2014. After my last posting a week 1/2 ago with almost buying a brand new Busa and afterwards having a blowout with my wife with the total number$ that was more then she agreed with and the insurance costs. I had to change plans to make everything work.

Instead of buying a brand new Busa with a $11K Loan/Debt, 5 year loan and full insurance on a 2012 at $120 a month with Allstate. I now have a 6 month loan, Yes 6 months to pay off and own outright a 2000 Busa and Allstate full coverage of $49 per month.

Since I was only a signature away from the brand new Busa deal, I decided to go to the other end of the spectrum and find one I can pay off in the least amount of time and have no more payments. I found and bought a 2000 Busa, Silver and Blue paint, in great condition, maintained, and better yet a One Owner. The previous owner is a real Busa touring rider. He bought new in 2000 and put on 31,200 miles in road trips in 25 states. He's 54 now and has other street bikes to ride, another KTM bike he put on 30k miles during this timeframe as well. He was asking $5700, then after a few weeks dropped to $4900 asking and I bought for the price of $4300, I don't think I could of found a lower price one that had the one owner history and ready to ride condition.

What your thoughts on the price $4300 with 31,200 miles, maintained and one owner? Here a picture, if I did it right....

It's all original, no accidents, no scratches except on lowest part near road that all bikes have, comes with Bagster tank cover (I removed cover and no tank and no scratches there) with two tank bags, pit bull rear stand, Corbin rear seat with backrest, twin Yosh cans, Susuki gel seat, factory front and rear seat, steel braided front brake line, always garaged and dated paperwork from 2000 miles ago of new chain sprocket and valve adjustment.

Finally a Busa owner again..........Thank God

2000 BUSA.jpg

Good find. Looks real good.

It is 14 years old but with only 31K miles it should still last you a good long time.

Pretty good price with all the extras you got as they would cost about a grand or more if you had to add them.

As long as the wife is happy......

Have fun and be safe. :thumbsup:

What your thoughts on the price $4300 with 31,200 miles, maintained and one owner?

Is this the newest/best bike your current financial position will allow at this time? If yes, then regardless of what we may say here (e.g. GREAT deal, too high/too low, etc.) all that matters now is you're convinced you got a good deal, right? Plus moot and academic at this point now, you already bought/paid for the bike. Congrats and ride safe.

P.S. But to answer your question: 1-owner, great shape, well maintained, lots of freebies, price sounds fair :)

Gen 1 is the sexier 'Busa anyway, I'm sure you'll love it. :thumbsup:

Glad you pulled the trigger despite the best efforts of your loved ones trying to change who you are. My wife and I have a 22 month old daughter and I have four bikes in the garage, plus my wife has one of her own. Do we feel irresponsible? Hell no. Kids are supposed to add to your life, not take away... do what you love and share it with them. I bought a sidecar bike to carry our little girl around in until she's big enough to legally ride on the pillion seat behind mommy or daddy. She loves being able to go out with us now and it warms my heart to see her huge grin when she's included.

Back