Does this site need to continue?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well, Im looking through the site today and I notice that there are a lot of redundant topics and that usage is waaaay down. There are a ton of other sites out there with bike forums even hayabusa.... I don't have a lot of time to devote to this site anymore so I ask you guys, does Hayabusa.Org have a place on the Internet. There is a pretty substantial cost to running this place and I am not even breaking even any more.. NO I WILL NOT CHARGE FOR ACCESS TO THE SITE so lets not go there. What are your thoughts? We have had many of the original members dissappear because they are busy or crashed the bike or just moved on..... Let me know what you guys think...

CAp

Not for nothing, but I stop by everyday and checkout what's new with everyone. I don't always post on everything but I enjoy this site.

I really enjoy the site...I have made friends that I have not even met in person...This site's reputation speaks for itself...I also realize the cost and can make a donation...  
evil.gif

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098844952 -->

I havent posted in quite sometime but still check in often . Even with working way too much I still make a little time during the week to stop by and check in

I enjoy the site, and feel that it is a very nice place to come to. I've also met a lot of friends, and learned a great deal from the members.

I can honestly say that if this site were to go away, I would NOT look for another one to join. I haven't found any where the members respect each other as much as here.

Captain, if you need help paying for the board, Please don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure people will be more than happy to make a donation. Just for the record: I would approve of a membership fee if needed.

Thanks for your work
beerchug.gif

I really have not been here that long & honestly speaking this site is by far the BEST! I get a feel that everyone here is like Family. We all have something in common, Hayabusa. Need I say any more. Everyone here is great. I stop by at least 5-10 times day just to see what's up. I'm also willing to donate. Let me know.

This is the only Hayabusa place I go to... Yep Capt. the numbers will start to climb soon... winter is coming

PS: I have tossed a few bucks to the Capt. in the past and it was of my own free will, no pressure from the Capt. I say everyone should throw a few bucks to the Capt. using pay pal. Come on guys what do you say? Lets keep the place going!

I use this site for everything except ride planning(excluding laguna). If there's a better Hayabusa resource website, I don't know about it.

I don't use the internet nearly as much as some, but I'd estimate 85% of my internet use is on this site. Another 10% to msn for my hotmail account. 5% other.

I hope this site continues, but I don't want to see you losing money or wasting your time. No matter what you decide, thanks for the time and money you've put into this site.

Though I don't post everyday, I visit the board everyday. It would be an injustice to the Busa to discontinue this site. I've been to the other Busa forums and other sportbike forums and they just don't compare to the people that call this site home. Hell, it's set as my home page. Captain, we all appreciate having a home for our passion such as this and if the site ever becomes a financial burden for you there are plenty of us who will support it by any means possible. I have no idea what kinda funds it takes to maintain such a site, but I know what kind of loss it would be to the hobby for this site the close it down.

This site is my 2nd home!!!  I really enjoy sharing 'Busa information and stories.  All the members are great.  Keep our 'Busa family together! A donation is not a problem.

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098847827 -->

YES!!!!   This site needs to continue.   I am a  new Busa owner and the information,tips and good input (as well as the friendships) are invaluable!  I am willing to donate to keep the site up and running as well! I check in almost every day!  Please keep the site up Cap!!

I'm torn and not sure what to say. Of course I'd love to see the board continue on, but I'd never want it to be a burden on you.

If it's the time involved, I say do what you've gotta do, man. This thing must suck up a LOT of your time. Since you don't even have a busa I'm sure that's hard to justify sometimes. I'd hate like Hell to see this site go, but I'd never wish a burden on ya just so I have a place on the net to play. I don't think anyone else would either. If they're that inconsiderate and don't care then they ain't a part of the heart of this site anyway, so, ummm, fug 'em.
rock.gif

I'd rather see this site continue on because I don't think there's another one quite like it. But again, not if it's puttin' you out too much.

And I'm with the others... If it's mostly the money thing that is suckin' the life out of it for ya, let us help pull the load...

midgets.jpg

Captain, I agree with everything said above. I live here but YOU gotta do what you gotta do. If you don't mind me asking what kind of cost are we talking to keep this place alive? We started up a collection to get you a new Busa which seems to have hit a road block. Maybe we could just cover the cost of the site for a while.

That is a scary thought ... not having h.org to logon to and read, listen, learn, post, plan, entertain, make friends, share Busa and other experiences. This is a site that I'd also willingly pay regular dues or make donations to keep alive. In any case I appreciate what you do for us and respect the decision you make.

I'm sure that a lot of the redundacy comes from the fact that the Busa is basically a 6 or 7 year old bike that hasn't gone through any major changes. We've modded it, painted it, chromed it, raced it, stunted it, wrecked it, rebuilt it and added turbo, nitrous and a third wheel, a fourth wheel, a sidecar, stereo, video, and on and on and on. ... now I have no idea about the point I was trying to make ... oh yeah the redundacy thing ... same bike ... new owners ... one vicious but happy circle
smile.gif
... dang I am rambling ... past my bedtime for sure.

<!--EDIT|sageronin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098849805 -->

Wow....

I guess you do what you need to do, Captain. Speaking for myself, I believe that The Org definitely has a place on the net; it is definitely a one of a kind site and the atmosphere here is much more tolerable than other sites. I, for one, would not seek another forum to join, as this site currently has met my needs as a rider.

With regards to the topic redundancy and the usage being down, I believe that it is understandable. Redundancy is expected, and I only say this because the bike has not changed much over the years. On top of that, there are only two things that can be done to a bike or any vehicle for that matter: performance and cosmetics.

Performance topics will always be repeated; new people will want to learn about which exhaust to purchase, how to do the PAIR mod, which turbo or NOS system to run or perhaps even wanting to know what a TRE is. They will always want to know how to add more power or how to improve handling or how to make the bike run more efficiently. It's all the same words, but the tune of the song will always change.

The same goes for the cosmetics. There are only so many undertails, blinkers, HIDs, windscreens bolt kits handlebars and such that can be added. The questions will always remain the same...and perhaps so will the answers. IMHO, I think that it can be expected; new members will have the same questions that the older ones had when they first came on board. They words will be the same, but the tune will change.
smile.gif

I am nothing short of impressed with what this site is. It is a place where I can feel at home (if that's plausible for an internet site) and where the atmosphere is clean and enjoyable.

As for the usage, I think that it's just the time of year when everyone is trying to squeeze the last couple of runs in on the bike before winterization. As for the members, the number of core members will decrease, but along with that, new members will never stay just that: new. The newer members will in time become long-term members, and sometimes they may not. It's all a matter of choice...decision or indecision. For me, I've wrecked, but I'm still here.
biggrin.gif
Now I may not be a Busa guru, but I try to offer my input where I can; albeit at times it is a somewhat screwey input, but I do try.
smile.gif

In the end, it will be your decision to either continue the site or to sink it. FWIW, I would be sad to see it go, but your life does not revolve around this site, and neither do your decisions that keep the roof over your head or bread on your table. We can't force you to keep it running if that is not your desire. Also, if you're not happy keeping it, then it is no longer a hobby to you, but a chore.

I'm not trying to say that I don't care about what happens to the site; on the contrary, I would really hate to see it go. But I also understand that you have a life to live as well. I would not want to be selfish or unreasonable and say that you can't let the site go; that would only impinge on your life and the decisions you need to make to keep yourself happy.

I hope I didn't come across as adversarial or rude. I am only offering my intake on the situation. Please forgive me if I came across that way. To end on a good note, nothing but kudos to you, Captain, for everything that you've done for the members of the site.

And I would gladly make another contribution.
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Captian,

I would hate to have this place be such a burdon. I too would be one of the people that would hate to see it go. I have been around a while, learned a hole hell of a lot in the time that I have been hear and would hate to loose this place. Like the others have said, its home hear and I like it that way. I may not spend as much time hear as I would like to but sometimes life makes us do things we dont like.

I feel your pain brother. If we can help let us know, we will.

Josh

Amen on the rest of the posts above!! If it is a time issue, then maybe we can find someone willing to help you out or take over if nessesary. As for cost, please put in a Paypal "donation" link to defray cost and I am sure that you will get all that you need. I have only been on the site for a couple weeks and it is by far the best board that I have seen!! Keep it alive!!  
cool.gif

Douglas! WTHAYS! ( what the hell are you saying? ) This is my home, my hang out, my daily fix, unless I am on the road and sometimes then too! I've been here for about 4 years now and have allways appreciated the forum. The folks here are top notch with not a lot of stupid punkass crap going on here as at other boards... and the effort you have made to keep this place alive... I feel comfortable here and would sorely miss it, if it were no more ....
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
Whatever I can do to assist please let me know. Gladly pay monthly ...
thumbs-up.gif

Myself, Ninja, Max Speed, Lo, Big O, Howlin and others have been here a long time and plan to be here for the duration I am sure.
wink.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Back