does the bmc street filter perform better than stock filter??

hemi

Registered
as u all know:laugh:, i have been a little ocd about my air filters lately. Currently have the bmc race installed when i did my full brocks streetmeg w/pcv. Was concerned about the filtration properties of the race version bc i only use the bike for typical street use, so i ordered the bmc street version from 58cycle. Received the filter a few days ago, and to my surprise they sent me the race filter!! Now deciding if i should say heck with it, just return the filter they sent me and go back to oem, or tell them to send me the correct filter i originally ordered, the street version. How does the street bmc compare to stock, about the same airflow? I would go back to stock filter but i really like being able to clean my filters

as u all know:laugh:, i have been a little ocd about my air filters lately. Currently have the bmc race installed when i did my full brocks streetmeg w/pcv. Was concerned about the filtration properties of the race version bc i only use the bike for typical street use, so i ordered the bmc street version from 58cycle. Received the filter a few days ago, and to my surprise they sent me the race filter!! Now deciding if i should say heck with it, just return the filter they sent me and go back to oem, or tell them to send me the correct filter i originally ordered, the street version. How does the street bmc compare to stock, about the same airflow? I would go back to stock filter but i really like being able to clean my filters

You've got a PM.

your PC V is already mapped for your exhaust and BMC race filter. you want your OCD to kick in next about the tune? :whistle:

I don't trust my BMC race on the street. Never used it yet. Prolly pop it in this summer when out in the countryside or if i get to a track.. I have always used OEM and feel the engine is safe in all atmospheric conditions. Heard there will be no measurable dif for mapping purposes when using a race filter. Also, a race filter will add only a couple extra hp at best. $/hp it is a worthwhile mod but no big gains to be had.

Just kidding !!:laugh::laugh: Got ya!!:laugh::laugh:It runs fine. Ur gonna drive your self nuts with this filter thing Hemi. Can't go wrong with either

your PC V is already mapped for your exhaust and BMC race filter. you want your OCD to kick in next about the tune? :whistle:

trust me, i have already considered the fact that it might throw my tune out of whack going to a street filter. Pulled up my map from brocks on my pc, and all the maps say stock or aftermarket air filter, so it shouldn't affect anything

Want to trade for a K&N? I"ve got one setting on the shelf

not interested in K&N, have read nothing but bad reviews on the K&N filters. I'm sure they perform and filter just fine, but seems everybody says to stay away from K&N. Have always run K&N cold air kits on my trucks and love them, but on the bike i will stick with bmc or stock

i ran a bmc race all last year and no noticeable difference with my stock gutted shorty's.

Back