Does anyone make lowering links?

ranman

busaless but lovin the weather
Donating Member
Registered
just thinking
can anyone make lowering links?
because i want to try a couple of diffrent legenths.
i want to lower it 1" or posibaly 1.5" not sure. i tryed 2" to low for takeing wifey for a ride. the multi hole does not offer both sizes. and i want soupys but had to buy summer gear so don`t have the extra 100$.
if someone has the skils and can make a set please let me know, and what you want to make them.
as always thanks
ranman

yea that is where i think i`m heading. or just holding out for soupys.

does any one have a pic os soupys
rock.gif
Now I'm curious

Just noticed... it's Soupy on ebay
biggrin.gif

PM sent.

<!--EDIT|BigGeorge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153752744 -->

does anyone know if you can raise the rear with soupys for track days?

in order to raise, the busa links become VERY short, which makes it hard to lower. i think mine could raise and lower about an inch. travel in the fully adjustable links will be lost...

Sent pm... Also, what is the prefered method for lowering the front? That I know of, the options are:
Straps

Bushing

Lower the stock Triple Clamps

Adjustable Triple, not sure if it upper or lower?

I was looking at the bushings, thinking it would allow the suspension to be fully functional, whereas straps will limit the forks movement?

Charlie

*note: Not trying to Hi-jack, just thought this would be an appropriate place to ask, combined with the rear lowering.*

QUESTION:

Stock Bike...What would be the recommended lowering height for front and rear if one wanted to maintain max traction/handling through the twisties and occassionally riding two-up w/out any fear of bottoming out?  Or is that even possible?

I'm guessing maybe 1" but would like to hear from the experts.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155048517 -->

Sent pm...  Also, what is the prefered method for lowering the front?  That I know of, the options are:
Straps

Bushing

Lower the stock Triple Clamps

Adjustable Triple, not sure if it upper or lower?

I was looking at the bushings, thinking it would allow the suspension to be fully functional, whereas straps will limit the forks movement?  

Charlie

*note:  Not trying to Hi-jack, just thought this would be an appropriate place to ask, combined with the rear lowering.*
pm replied.

top clamp spacers, then slide up the forks, but be careful not too much. inexpensive. try reaper risers.

entirely different upper triple clamp will allow the forks thru to lower.

strap usually only recommended for the dragstrip.

QUESTION:

Stock Bike...What would be the recommended lowering height for front and rear if one wanted to maintain max traction/handling through the twisties and occassionally riding two-up w/out any fear of bottoming out?  Or is that even possible?

I'm guessing maybe 1" but would like to hear from the experts.
from what i have read/seen +1" in the back is the way to go for twisties. not sure of the front. prob leave it stock height.

although they have less travel, i also make busa raising links.

thanks

Mike

Back