Does anyone here have a real job ?

my job has a very flex schedule, i don't have a life, and my new droid eris is a blast to play with. :whistle:

Moved to Random Thoughts for housekeeping.

I am a Lineman that turned engineer, and now working in safety. I am now sitting in front of my computer all day unless I am training a class.

I'm a teacher... that's not really a real job.. we're just glorified babysitters

Most nights I can't sleep so I come down stairs and post up at all hours. Then I get some work done and back to bed for an hour or two and start it up the next day.

I run a landscape/Tree company. I come home for lunch most days. I dont post much beacuse my life is pretty boring.

I work 98 hours every two weeks normally if something goes on more. I average about 4-5 hours of sleep a day....

I work for Ariel Corp. Friday thru Sunday 12 hour shifts as a electronic engineer, and have my own company (Alternative Systems) during the week building tube bending machines for Sanoh Of America which supplys Honda of America with fuel and brake lines and is getting harder all the time, plc machines was not that bad, but now they want all their machines controlled by servos, and this is hard to have one machine bend at least a dozen different parts, the hardest part is to respond to a RFQ (RESPOND FOR QUOTE) to quote a price and have it done on time, x' y' and z' are not that bad untill you have a tube with 60 bends, which most new cars do.

I see posts at 6 am at 3 am at 12 pm from the same guy.

Is he talking about me? It's 3 am. :lol: :lol: Just working on purchase orders and invoicing right now.

Actually, the kids are off school all this week (Back to school on Monday - thank God!!), so I'll basically work all day 9-5, evening with family, then back to work at 10pm & work all night long till 5am. I guess that's a 15 hour day. But it's all in front of a computer. Lot of work to run a place like this.

Can only do those sorts of hours though when they're not in school.

Normally, I work 9-5 like the rest of world, then go back to work 10pm-2am. So my normal schedule running Pashnit La-La Land is a 12 hour day. Then on weekends, at least squeeze in about 6 hrs per day.

I guess that's a 72 hr work week. :laugh:

The Pashnit Forum or the org is sort of like a smoke break. ???

Dozer and Ho work.

:rofl::rofl: did you say ho work??? Can you get me a job?:rofl:

Im a profesional steering wheel holder I jam gears on a portable gas station.

WHy do some fools tailgate gas trucks? They rearend me im takin them with me

I may go back 2 otr the interstate is calling me
DEPENDS ON WHAT MY DOG PREFERS SHE IS THE BOSS MY TRUCK

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a important+underpaid job!!

+10000000. Teachers are grossly underpaid and even more under-appreciated.

I work for a national restaurant company. I love the people I work with, kinda hate what I'm doing right now, though. I wish I did something that actually gave back to society instead of just giving more fat-laden, oversized meals. At least my company does a lot with charity.

Back