Does anyone else's kids love the busa?

KennyMac

Registered
We have always had bikes around the family and my 10 year old son rides his dirtbikes. However, he has hated every bike I have ever had in his life, from enduros, quads, R6, R1 and Gixxers. For some reason unknown to me, he loves the Busa. For Xmas, he demanded that he have his own jacket and road helmet so that he could go for weekend rides. I discussed it with the minister of household affairs and she thought it was a good idea. I was less convinced because he isn't the bravest lad on the planet. I figured that the whole thing would blow over but it didn't and I drop him off and pick him up after work each day, even when it is cold or raining. Not one complaint. (in fact totally chuffed after each ride). He is a good pillion too. No complaints from me. It isn't a pride thing because he doesn't recognise it as cool. What is it about the Busa that inspire confidence in people? Stability or the fact that it doesn't feel as quick? and yes, I have given it a squirt a couple of times in the interests of science and he cheered. This whole thing goes against every parenting instinct in me but I'm happy that he enjoys bikes as much as me, common ground is hard to find. Am I breeding the next idiot to make a 300km/h in traffic home video? I'm not really looking for answers, I just wanted to compare experiences, thanks folks. Sorry, should have in RTs, my bad.

<!--EDIT|KennyMac
Reason for Edit: "Didn't pay attention properly"|1139570086 -->

I have had people stare at me in disbelief that I take my kids for rides on the Busa (11 and 13).

The way I see it is they can learn by example how to responsibly and safely enjoy a bike. When they get older you can't control everything they do. Would rather have them learn from me than some squid buddy.

The common ground thing is a definite plus and worth nurturing.

I have a 14 and 11 year boys. The 11 year old loves the busa and would ride all day long.The other boy likes it but not as much.They are ready for spring so we can ride again.The youngest thinks I need to take him to his School Dances on the busa,think he wants to look cool.It is all about being Cool at school, I guess.
wink.gif

I am glad that you and your son found some common ground. Sometimes we shouldn't over analyze these things but just enjoy the time we are spending. As for breeding a hell raiser of the future, I don't think so. As long as you discuss the rules of the road and provide examples of good riding technique and common sense he will be fine. My son has been riding with me as a pillion for years and now a riding buddy. I think he has come to respect the power of the motorcycles he rides and has learned to read the road and other drivers quite well. I still do get concerned / nervous when he is out on his own (on my Busa or Mom’s 1600 Meanstreak) but I know from talking to him that he understands the consequences of his actions. He has read the Accident / Crash Forum and we discuss mistakes others make on the road while driving in the car or after rides. It’s not to say we don’t all make mistakes but I have tried to instill in him to learn from others as well as your own.

So, enjoy the time and commonality you have with your son and as with all of our children, keep the lines of communication open and be involved in their lives as well as keep them involved in yours. Life is short and when it comes down to it all we really have is each other.

Peace Out

My 3 yr old loves "big daddy's boosta" and I have found the easier way to make my 6 yr old behave in kindergarden. He gets "smiley faces" (equivelant of A's) instead of "frowny faces" (Equivelant of F's so their feelings aren't hurt HAH!) he gets to go for a ride on the back around the neighborhood for about 10 minutes to 20 minutes.

All his little friends are jealous of it! The parents of theirs get mad and tell me I don't need to be taking a 6 yr old out on a motorcycle, all the while smoking a ciggy holding a newborn.

And I'm the bad parent! HAH!

Was told by my 6 yr old he wants "a liter bike" for christmas! HAHAHAHA I love it. he might get a pocket bike this year hehe.

i have always let my daughter ride with me in the neighborhood, when i use to have a harley she rode the fender and loved it but now that i have the busa she really loves to go for a ride,she is truly a speed freak i will give her a little speed everynow and then. but she really likes to just go out and ride around i take her to the store and stuff with me now and she is 6, it doesnt matter what the weather is like she ask alot to go for rides. i also get some of the same looks from other parents and comments, but i say to each there own she is my responsibility not theres.

My kids haven't ridden on my Busa yet (just 3 and 5), but the 3 year old got a taste of riding on the back of the Road King just after Christmas and I can tell he's got the bug. He BEGS both Mike and I to take him with us whenever we're even just out looking at the bikes...
blush.gif

Both of my boys know what the Hayabusa is...we stopped by a local dealership a few weekends ago because I was curious to see the new LE. When we walked in, there was only 1 Busa there, and it wasn't the LE. There were a few guys milling around the bike, so the kids and I walked up to get a closer look; there wasn't anything else I wanted to look at and I didn't want to just turn around and walk out...
laugh.gif

When we got next to the bike, my 3 year old says in a very excited voice "Look Mommy! It's a Hayabusa like yours!!" as he reaches out and touches the bike
biggrin.gif

I was beaming...the guys standing there all looked at my son and chuckled, then I could hear 'em saying as I walked off "Hey, SHE'S got one!"

Oh yeah, my kids love my Busa...both can't wait to ride with me...I'll put it off as long as I can though...gotta get past the 'Mommy factor'
blush.gif

blush.gif

My ,then 8 now 11, daughter rides with me more often the my wife does. If they have all thier gear, it fits properly ,and their feet reach the pegs then go for it. Teach them how to be a good passenger and enjoy your time together.

Both stepdaughters, 10 and 16, love the Busa. The younger daughter asks to go riding all the time.

<!--EDIT|EastCoast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139583623 -->

I have daughters that love to ride. 15 and 13. This is Halie the 13 year old in her new Icon jacket. They love to go to the GAP. Halie is going to the Busa Bash in April with me.

December_Christmas_Bike_pics_055_35_.JPG

I have an 11 year old Daughter she loves to go for short rides I think it is great but I do keep it to a limit and it also depends on where I am going, I would hate to see her get hert, But I want to see more girls out on bikes.

my kids love the busa especially since i started racing it at the strip, they cant wait for the weekend so they can go watch bikes race. all of my boys started riding their own bikes around 4 to 5 yrs old and cant get them to stop.
race.gif

<!--EDIT|busa crazy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139622643 -->

IMG_0332.JPG

Daughter doesn't either. She's getting new lid jacket and gloves for her birthday. Asks me daily to take her to the bash.

asst_030.jpg

I was walking into a local bike shop with my buddy and my 5 year old son, when he points and says "OOOO, it is a Hayabusa!" and points to a silver/black sitting on the showroom floor.

Salesman walks up and says "That is amazing, he actually knew the bike just by looking at it and he pronounced it correctly too."

All I could do was SMILE:D

Interesting observation: Dads' like silver. Cost me a half hour dink to get these pics. Had to twist my arm hard. not. Passing thought: Why don't harley riders give the friendly nod but all sports riders do it?

resized_Scotty02.jpg

and finally, on a machine more his size. Ever see too much of yourself in your offspring? I thought stupidity was supposed to skip a generation. lol.
tounge.gif

resized_Scotty03.jpg

Back