Do you wave at *******?

OB_Ambush

Registered
Ok you all know the scenario, your driving along and you see another sporst bike, you wave, you see a cruz'r, you wave, a harley maybe you wave.......but do you wave at a scooter? I have never waved at one but somebody waved at me today so I have waved back have I been an a$$ all these years or is this just a freak thing?

personally, i don't like to wave at other guys, unless I know him...i think it's kind of "gay"...you don't see automobile drivers waving at each other do you?

If all riders don't stick together you will go down the tubes together if you don't support each others causes. My own opinion ABATE of CALIFORNIA

If it has a motor and two wheels. I toss a wave. If it's a Harley, I let them wave first. Usually the hardcore ones wont which keeps me from wasting the effort.

I wave the hand at just about everybody including harleys, It's a sign of comrodery between bikers, it's a way of acknowledging to each other the sense of what motorcycling is all about and a feeling that many others will never understand! Ever! Of what being a biker is.To know when on the road a fellow rider will always lend a hand! Including Scooters, Now that guys got balls!

Went on a 500 mile mountain ride this past weekend...I usually wave at everyone...wife said after we came back she noticed most all sport/touring riders wave...harley riders will if by themselves...if in a group forget it...they`ve got that badass image to uphold...sure haven`t got nothing under them......

I gotta go with cbxchris.Most HARDLY riders are OK if they are by themselves.Heck ,I even had a "stoplight conversation" with a Bandito(local Hell's Angels type gang) member.He asked me "How many times have you almost been ran over today" I replied "Just twice".I doubt seriously if that would have happened if he had been with his compadres.
B21

Did you ever notice kids when they see a bike. The second they hear it they're looking for it, and when you wave to them you can see that seed planted in their mind "Someday". The best is when you pull up to light and there's man with his family and he is looking bummed out at your bike like "Why can't I be on that bike".

Koz

I definitely wave when I can. I typically ride alone, mostly because I have not been able to really meet anyone other sport riders. Waving is about the only thing I have going to feel connected to other riders.

Both in San Diego and now in Atlanta, I get waves from almost everyone on two wheels, regardless of what type of bike they are riding, whether it's a sport bike, Harley, another type of cruiser, or the touring bikes. The few that don't doesn't bug me. Typically I wave and realize they are in the middle of doing something. A lot of times, it's because they're concentrating on the road in front of them . . . traffic etc. and they weren't able to take in that a bike is rolling by in the opposite direction.

And for the very few that obviously don't wave, even though they see you and the road is clear . . . well, what can we say, each group has its share of buttheads. :)

I think if you guys have the opportunity to cross a few states on vacation, you will get more into the habit of waving, stopping to render assistance, and at gas stations meeting ALL kinds of bikers from all areas. There are some guys who never even thought about a rode trip until they see how much fun I am having. Even the 'harley types' respect the lone wolf attitude. No buddies, no trailer, not really knowing where I am going, just when I need to be back home.

I wave at sport bikes, cruisers, Harley-Briggs&Strattons, scooters, bicyclists, police officers, paramedics, and fire fighters.

I also wave at Goldwings if they are awake. I don't wave at squids in shorts and flops, and I don't wave at rastafarians.

I never wave at scoters. I accidentally did it once and felt pretty stupid afterwards. Otherwise I wave at every motorcyclist even the police, but they seldom wave back

Simple: IF it has two wheels and motor, I wave. If they don't wave back, their loss. I have to admit when I was at Datona bike week there were too many bikes to wave at. Your arm would have broken off. A simple nod in those situations should do.

I think the harleys who don't wave are rich yuppie posers, not hard cores. I know a bunch of h/c guys, they're cool.
Around here the only time a sportbike hasn't waved back is if he didn't see me. Or was busy w/ the clutch. I nod if I'm on the clutch.

Back