Do u guys and gals

wedgester

Registered
Have trouble with the front ends coming up and if yes at what RPM and if u do when is it happening and how bad. Ive been messing around to get the feel for her and havent really felt anything like coming up bad yet but I like to know what to expect. Thanks 4 any help. I know if u want to be crazy and just crack it from a stop u r in trouble im more asking from a roll in 1st or any higher gear.

I've heard that on stock gearing, snapping the throttle off-on at 5K in 1st brings the front up. I cannot verify this, myself.
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't say I've had trouble with the front end coming up. Sometimes I have trouble with it not coming up when I want it to
smile.gif

If you have good throttle control, you can roll on from a dead stop through WOT agressively without the from pulling up. But she has a tendancy of pulling the front tire off the ground around 6500-7000 RPM if you over do it. Any RPM above that, you can get the front off the ground without much effort.

There are some variables to deal with like elevation at which you ride, full gas or not and especially rider weight. There are some of us willing to state we are pushing the 300lb range. If you are 170lbs, you could have a very different experience at different rpm and gears.

I would say though, in general, above 6k in first you are pretty much going to be off the ground in the front. I have rolled on in 2nd at 6k going WOT and have not pulled the front up, however, a hard run out of 1st and a quick hard shift to 2nd has got the front wheel dancing. Take everyones note and then I hate to say, you just need to find out for yourself. Your bike, weight, riding style and just how fast you get to WOT could make your experience a little different.

I just would not want you to listen to me or anyone else and only expect going to 12 o'clock after 6k, when for you it could get there quicker.

welcome, good luck and safe riding

I weigh about 255 and if I sit on the back of the seat and roll the throttle hard in first. She will power up. Comes up smooth and if you roll off gently, she will set down smooth too.

roll on till 3rd...around 3k and snap down to 2nd, give a twist...will be off the ground without anything harmed...
wink.gif

well first let me say take your time and learn how the bike comes up because it will come up and to much throttle will have you up higher then you want. (10,11,12 O'clock then OMG) it will come up in first or second with WOT In 300 lbs and it gomes up with me. taking my time to get a really smooth power wheelie. practice in secluded area (NO TRAFFIC AND PLENTY OF ROOM)

be careful!

Thanks 4 all the info. Im not looking to do wheelies,Im going to track day in 3 weeks so ive been riding alot to get used to her and just didnt want to make any mistakes on the track. I agree it treats everyone diff but it is good to hear u can control it.

I've had mine anywhere from a few inches up to almost 12 o'clock. None of which were when I wasn't expecting it (meaning I was getting on the throttle hard). It is a big bike and won't come up unless you are pushing it hard in the lower gears, in which case you should be ready for it to lift. I agree to find a secluded safe place and just get a feel for it. The easiest way for me was to close the throttle around 4k in first then hit it hard again. If you do that I guarantee she'll start standing.

Back