Do these really work??

1busa

Registered
I seen these airboxes on the tiger racing page and was curious if they really produce the 4-8Hp that they claim? Never heard or read about anybody using them so it piqued my curiosity.
Tiger Racing

Uh, really? If that's it I'm gonna get some heat shielding and wrap mine myself. I need to see a dyno sheet first

Yeah I know right! There is always something claiming to add this or that but a 4-8 HP gain isn't nothing to sneeze at and the price of the airbox isn't astronomical so it made me wonder the science and theory behind it and if anybody out there on the org has 1 or knows a guy......... :whistle:

There was a similar thread regarding Carbon Fiber boxes a while back, I recall most folks thinkin it won't matter. Given the location of the airbox, its gonna soak up heat eventually, there just isn't enough airflow over and around it, and how hot will hard plastic really get to start with? I just don't see it helping to a noticeable degree, pun intended.

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Rooster. I just don't see how this benefits. As for the CF boxes, they drop weight but for this big bird, is that little bit of weight that big of an issue?

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Rooster. I just don't see how this benefits. As for the CF boxes, they drop weight but for this big bird, is that little bit of weight that big of an issue?
It is not the difference in weight that makes the carbon air boxes better, it is how the air flows in the box.

Also there are many many different things you can do to make a busa breath better!
As for the shielding,, yes it does work! As for the claim to 4hp, you would see a gain much better, standing on a dyno, as long as you ran the bike to similar temps!

so gixer do you think there would be such a noticeable difference that a rider would be able to tell if this was installed? Just wondering because these are similarly priced to the factory pro velocity stacks and there are several people that are running those. I figured somebody would have taken a chance on this airbox kit by now :whistle:

Back