adams performance swingarms?

Ive never used one but like the looks of them and i only ever use the rear brake when its an emergency situation, theres always too much loose stuff on the road here and hitting the rear brake it likes to slide. Whats the reason that you wouldnt use the evil or adams arms?

The brake tab. I dont really like it, it just looks like a cheap fix imho.

When I talked to evil he basically said he didn't know how to keep the rear brake mounted, this was a while ago though. Everyone I talked to that had an adams ended up with or wanting a mcintosh arm.

Its really perspective though, they all make quality stuff. People run the brake tab all the time with no issues. Its about what you want.

The brake tab. I dont really like it, it just looks like a cheap fix imho.

When I talked to evil he basically said he didn't know how to keep the rear brake mounted, this was a while ago though. Everyone I talked to that had an adams ended up with or wanting a mcintosh arm.

Its really perspective though, they all make quality stuff. People run the brake tab all the time with no issues. Its about what you want.

were the people that wound up wanted mcintosh drag racing or just daily riding?

I had an Adams arm before I went with my mcIntosh. I actually have another Busa roller and the selling point was the McIntosh arm on that one. I personally didn't like the brake stop on the Adams arm. The Adams arm is made more for drag racers IMO. I personally don't like the way the chromoly arms look on the Busa and this is why I went with the alumipro arm when I ordered from terry.

image-4230467380.jpg

image-3209456395.jpg

image-147823572.jpg

I had an Adams arm before I went with my mcIntosh. I actually have another Busa roller and the selling point was the McIntosh arm on that one. I personally didn't like the brake stop on the Adams arm. The Adams arm is made more for drag racers IMO. I personally don't like the way the chromoly arms look on the Busa and this is why I went with the alumipro arm when I ordered from terry.

Thanks glad to finally hear from someone who has actually used the adams arm. Im looking for a daily rider arm not a drag racing arm and from my understanding which i could be wrong you only need the under bracing if you are drag racing am i correct?

I'm not 100% sure about the underbracing. I know McIntosh has an inner braced arm that some of the pro street guys use. I think it also depends on how long of an arm you go with as to if you need the underbracing. I know on my blue bike the main reason I got it was so I could put bolt on drag pegs on because at the time i couldn't get my legs up on the pegs because of the position I was taking off in at the track.

Terry can answer lots of your questions, and he is honest enough to tell you that you don't need something, even if it means he misses a sale

Terry can answer lots of your questions, and he is honest enough to tell you that you don't need something, even if it means he misses a sale

This is 100% true. Even if your bit going to buy right now it wouldn't hurt to give him a call.

I'm not 100% sure about the underbracing. I know McIntosh has an inner braced arm that some of the pro street guys use. I think it also depends on how long of an arm you go with as to if you need the underbracing. I know on my blue bike the main reason I got it was so I could put bolt on drag pegs on because at the time i couldn't get my legs up on the pegs because of the position I was taking off in at the track.

like i said i dont drag race so im not worried about that but for you i completely understand why.

lol its ok glad to see your working on it... how do you think that hanger would work on the 4 hole style axle holder on the adams eveil and mcintosh arms?

Sorry! I missed your post...

I don't think that it would work. If you look at the second picture, you can see where the piece in the front goes into the slot on the arm. The 4 hole adjusters would probably stop it from fitting....

Back