Do other vehicles not see us?

How often has a vehicle made a right turn around you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

geecare

Registered
Took the Busa out this morning for a quick breakfast in 2nd Street, Long Beach, CA and it seems vehicles love to pass you in your lane and make right turns around you at the intersections.

How often has a vehicle attempted to cut infront of you to make a right turn?

be careful out there.....most cars are not watching out for anyone but themselves.

Stay Visible.

You can't trust cagers, even after you're sure you've made eye contact. They may know you're there, but that usually makes no difference in their driving. You have to ride like they're all going to do something stupid, all the time.

HID's, banner color jackets, headers and pipes, middle of lane! What else should I use in order to be seen?

few years ago, i'm lugging down the fwy.
a 4 lane, iirc.
i'm in 1 of the right lanes. (i'm in the right portion of my lane, cuz everyone knows debris and oil likes to accumulate there), going near the limit, bc cops were bad there.
out of my peripheral vision, to my left, an old geezer drives RIGHT THRU MY LANE!
after i catch my breath, i catch up to him, give him a kinda shrug, like wtf?
he does a little swerve towards me, like he wants to run me off the road???
sadly, oldsters have speciallegal protection, and can't take a beat down like most folks

HID's, banner color jackets, headers and pipes, middle of lane! What else should I use in order to be seen?

Those are good ideas, although I'm not convinced about the loud pipes idea. Cagers are usually listening to the radio or on the phone and if they do hear you, they won't pay attention to it or know where it's coming from. You can get all the safety products you want, and hopefully it will help. But, always ride as though you're silent and invisible, because that's what you are to them until the crash.

At 1:00p today I am making the same run.
And yes, people do things like that all the time. That is a given when riding the mean streets of California.

I find they try to overtake my lane (more frequently) when I'm riding on the freeway...that's the most dangerous place, in my opinion, for us.

I find they try to overtake my lane (more frequently) when I'm riding on the freeway...that's the most dangerous place, in my opinion, for us.

I think it is mostly ego that doesn't allow individuals to just let a motorcycle exist on the same road that they are on. They are fueled to "teach" you a lesson on how to be and show you their prowess by throwing themselves into a "power" position. A one up if you will.

Other than that; it is self absorption, kids in the back, dogs, cell phones, sound systems and then all out stress combined with all the above that consumes people. People drive around in a haze of comfort over the outside world with their little rolling offices thinking that nothing else matters except what THEY are going through! On top of that add the inability or total experience behind the wheel.

Im like everyone else, people in cars are stupid, ive had one change lanes so fast on me that they hit me, thank God i wasnt hurt and the bike wasnt either. I understand if they dont see me on my gray busa, but my orange R6....No.. People dont care about bikes, we should be able to kill anyone with a damn cellphone to there ear while they drive!!

in all honesty, i felt like nobody saw me when buzzing around town but it all seems different with that h.i.d. i threw in this winter. maybe it's psychological to me ,but i get fewer overeager drivers jumping on that left hand turn.

You can't trust cagers, even after you're sure you've made eye contact. They may know you're there, but that usually makes no difference in their driving. You have to ride like they're all going to do something stupid, all the time.

Best piece of advice I've seen; if you drive like everyone is out to get you, you'll minimize your chances of getting hurt or worse..

I look at it this way :sleepy: . I've seen at least 10 police cars rear ended by someone. So:whistle:, if they can't pay enough attention to notice RED AND BLUE lights on the roof, they'll NEVER see me :laugh:

RIDE SAFE EVERYONE :beerchug:

ride like your invisible. if they do see us, they dont really care. car versus motorcycle, well you know how that turns out.

When i am touring , i use my OLYMPIA MOTOSPORTS Survival vest :beerchug:

MR X   IN   NOVA SCOTIA.jpg

Back