Do I want a \'Busa?

Frank Adams

Registered
You can have the best of many worlds with the Busa.

The "Zero-Gravity wind screens" and "GenMar handle bar risers" are great add on's for comfort!

Depending on your size(height) there are a few other mods as well. The "Mcintosh rear lowering links" are the best thing going for lowering the rear.

The "JCS triple clamp" is the best mod for lowering the front for the money.

Some guys are doing mods with their foot pegs or replacing them with others for even more comfort.

If you do get a Busa we'll help you get whatever you need for it. :)

I haven't gone cross country riding w/ it but have ridden for a couple of hours and have no complaints on comfort. If you put a lot of weight on your wrists this will bother you. I suggest putting weight toward your legs for longer distances. Like frank adams said, there are numerous add ons for the bike to suit your look and comfort. If you find you start to miss the carry ons that most tourers have, bags can easily be placed on the 'busa as well.

Safe Riding.

...check out a VFR800fi...it is a great "transition" bike, with the attributes of a comfortable touring bike and a rippen sport bike...don't let the wags on the web put you off it by calling it a motor scooter or an old man bike...most of the guys out there would never stay with a well ridden one on any kind of twisty road...my Sensie wears one well...I got the Busa, and the TL before it, just to keep up with him...it will be eassy to sell or trade if/when you decide to move up, but it would answer all your needs for an all around motorcycle and an introdutory sport bike....if you were a new rider, or inerested in road raceing, I would tell you that the VFR is too big and heavy, but for what you are describing, the VFR would be ideal...the Busa might be a bit of a radical first step, and less "practical" than you may like...I felt ral good on the TL and the b Busa for long periods of time, but my Sensie likes niether , too low and long for him...hurts his wrists...that said, the Busa is very easy to ride in a "normal" manner, but not very exciting in that mode...still, it is my favorite street bike...I just think you should check out a VFR before you decide...GOOD HUNTING!

Hi All. I absolutely love the looks of the Hayabusa. I am presently riding a cruiser and looking for something a "bit"(hehe) sportier. I would like a bit of comfort also. I sat on a TL1000R(also like the looks of that bike) and somehow, it felt heavier hoisting that bike than my Harley! How that is possible I don't know. Seems quite weighty up front. It was fairly crouched over too which I am not preferring. The XX actually felt lighter than the TLR and the riding position was very nice. I do not like the linked brakes though. That brings me to the 'Busa, whose looks I love but I have not had the chance to ride or much less sit on. How is long distance comfort and slow speed handling on it? I welcome all input. Great site too, really enjoying it.

The Busa is quite war-like in stock trim.
For a 550-lb. machine, it will probably surprise you with how racy the ergonomics are. Like Frank said, you can do lots of mods to it after you get it, if you want. But there might be other bikes out there which would get you to where you want to be, with less mod work after the initial purchase.

If you want motor, stop thinking it over right now and go get a Busa. It is like throwing a leg over the Space Shuttle...nothing beats it. The ergos are good enough that I put in 820 miles in a day (12 hours, 45 minutes) on mine, showroom stock, San Diego to eastern New Mexico. But I'm pretty hard-core. It ain't no Gold Wing.

P.S. For slow-speed handling, the Busa has a wide turning radius. I notice it turning in parking lots, and especially backing it up. I can't turn it inside stuff like my GS1100E. But in stop-and-go traffic, it is like having training wheels on it. Maybe it's the wide tires, but I can just about come to a dead-stop without having to put a foot down. It's pretty mellow, in slow traffic.

I agree Mr Bear however ive found the Busa to be a bit cumbersom at slow speeds the weight seems to become evident to me. I love my Busa more than anything but it does seem to be a pain when trying to push it out of a parking spot at times...not trying to be an azz just my .02 cents. Other than that I have absolutely no complaints

LeeMI, I bought a Heritage Springer in 1997 Good looks Crap handling No brakes No power Added a busa for my
wife in 1999 and another one for me,just
two weeks ago! Needless to say

Simply The Best!!

I too am bigger than your average sport bike rider (older too). I also am coming from a Harley background. I bought a 883 sporster new in 1992, which I still own. I also ride a BMW R1100 RT. I just bought a '00 'busa, and I love it. I've never been on a bike like it in my life, but I'm not sure I would recommend it to the inexperienced rider either.

i sold my '99 fxdx for my y2k 'busa. i am larger then most sportbike riders. i am happy with the power and comfort, as is my wife.

Papa
That is similar to my situation. I'm coming from a Harley Sportster and looking for something like a Busa. I looked at the VFR and the dos equis(XX) and though they are nice, I do not like the linked braking system. Besides, they don't look anywhere near as nice as the Hayabusa.

I suppose it depends on what you're used to, TJQ. If I came from something like an R6, I'd probably think the Busa was a handful in slow traffic. But that old GS1100E is a tank, and that's what my last 80,000 miles were on. It does turn a lot tighter than the Busa at the steering lock though, just carries the weight up higher, on thinner tires.

The Busa is a fantastic day to day bike speed/handling/comfort it's brill.

Bike mags get so wrapped up in the speed thing they forget to mention the 170 Mile tank range, the fairing that keeps your feet completely dry in the worst storms, the comfortable riding position and the sweet neutral handling.

A damn fine road bike.

The XX is a soft bag of **** that handles like a supermarket trolley with a seized wheel.

Do yourself a favour - buy a Busa.

xx for sale 97 mint condition. 7400 miles. yosh rs3 carbon, dynojet stage 1 143 rwhp 83 tq. 7500.00 cash 401 935 8035 barry

I'm w/ Bear, if I come up to a light I can damn near stop with feet up, and since the thing has torque at low rpm I can keep feet up at 1 mph idling in low gear. Getting rid of excess weight(stock exhaust) helps too.

Busa????

If you don't want ythe "best-fastest" and best handling bike in the world, do not buy a "busa"!

The Busa make you feel like you are a "great" rider. It does everything, easy!

LOL !!! nothing personal intended but IF you have to "ASK" yourself that! Buy a Kawi & leave the Busa for a real rider!

Back