Do I need to clean it yet?

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
i was talking to BusaWhipped this morning and mentioned that i might need to at least spray the bike off before the Bash
i got lost while out riding a couple days ago and ended up on a gravel/dirt road for about 3 miles, then rode along the Mississippi River for about 15 miles around sunset (bugs galore)
he said i might want to ask you all for opinions (and i thought it might be fun watching the clean freaks around here have coronaries) so here she is:
poor Lucy is dirty from the front

IMG_0224__Small_.JPG

Someone told me the same yesterday. My front is worse. But dam your wheels making mine look clean. They are silver and look black.
laugh.gif

wow.gif
 For shame.. for shame...

You'd prolly loose at least 10lbs of weight just washing 'er!
laugh.gif

I made the call social services is on there way
laugh.gif
best thing that I have found to take the bugs off is simple green. That is what we use at the dealerships for bikes like this. I would have expected this from a kawi owner but never a Busa owner.

+1 on the simple green - love that stuff... works on everything and it doesn't get all sudsy so it's easy to rinse off!

Take to the local spray wash and knock the four wheeling mud off before attempting to wash it. Remember those bugs do the nasty to your paint.
wow.gif

man i will tell you my secret wash her down by hand real good chamy her off real well let her dry off after that then get some mcguires cleaner wax and wax all plastics tanks headlight then with the rag you use to take of the wax wipe the mirrors off wipe down the rims and WAX them to a couple of times lot easier to keep clean that way then get out the old honda polish and spray her down again never to much wax

i know tedious but it works real well

Semi, clean that thing, my bike will be sitting on the trailer next to yours and I don't want to get any of that nasty Illinois dirt and bug guts spreading onto my bike.
SHOCKED.gif

Back