did you remove your baffles??

justa-busa-girl

Registered
hey guys im buying r77 slipons from a sponsor on here and wonder how many of you are running without the baffle?? does it sound nice? is it loud?? or do you prefer the baffle in??

removed it, to tell you the truth, I could not tell much diffrence at idle, but over 5k rpm, they really come alive:)

how did you keep from dropping the set screw inside the end cap, or did it drop?

turn the pipe upside down before you install it then screw it out. some nice people gave me that advice and it worked great!!!

I'm probably the only one that left in my baffles. Little richer sound, and no headaches after long highway rides. Besides, without the baffles, you may need a power commander and a new air filter. Just something to consider.

Took them out. Didn't notice much of a difference. I would have put them back in but I dropped the screws when I took them out.

maybe someone else can verify this, but i read somewhere and i dont remember where that with the baffle in(i got full system) you lose several hp along with a few ft lbs

Took them out.  Didn't notice much of a difference.  I would have put them back in but I dropped the screws when I took them out.
+1
I felt like the Captain when he had the "dropped screw incident"
They are immune to a magnet - stainless.
Had to remove the mufflers to get them out.
No big change in the sound level.
Probably leave them out for awhile.
I was going to do that but felt it was to much trouble.

The baffle reduces the sound level by 4 decibel @5600 rpm, which I have measured. I like the sound with baffle best, but the bike clearly runs better at high rpm's w/o baffle if a PC is installed end the O2-sensor is disconnected. With the stock system, it is easy to feel that the power is reduced above 10k. With a Yoshi system and PC, the bike pulls very hard also above 10k.

The baffle reduces the sound level by 4 decibel @5600 rpm, which I have measured. I like the sound with baffle best, but the bike clearly runs better at high rpm's w/o baffle if a PC is installed end the O2-sensor is disconnected. With the stock system, it is easy to feel that the power is reduced above 10k. With a Yoshi system and PC, the bike pulls very hard also above 10k.
I have left my baffles in, but after reading this I'm taking them out.

Getting bloody tired of the gutless acceleration I'm having to put up with now.

critterdoc... you mean your bike isnt accelerating hard with the baffles in?? .... r1000. i was told by everyone i talked to that the yoshi r77 slipons would work fine without a pc??? ill be racing it again next weekend so i hope she runs strong!!

I'm sure it will run well with slipons and without PC. Mine did that with a full R-77 system without PC. I'm more unsure if the PC that I now have installed is doing any good at all. Hope to find ot next sunday at the dyno facility.

Back