did some maintenance today

teddypenn

Registered
got my k and n air filter installed and changed the plugs. plan on doin brake pads on the front and rear tomorrow. hopefully it'll be dry out so i can break the pads in. :please:

about the only things on my "maintenance to do list" is the forks and throttle body sync. those will have to wait till i can meet up with someone who knows what theyre doin to help me out though.

about the only things on my "maintenance to do list" is the forks and throttle body sync. those will have to wait till i can meet up with someone who knows what theyre doin to help me out though.

There are good DIY threads for both of those.
If you read them you may want to try it on your own. :thumbsup:

thanx for the heads up.. ive learned almost all i know (however little it is) about the busa from this site. props to the .org :beerchug:

Did you know the stocker filter flows more air than the K&N ? If you changed it out for other reasons that's fine, just thought you should know. Lots of threads on how to sync throttle bodies, you can even find ways to make cheap manometers. Good luck with it.
That rear brake can be fun. I never had a lot of trouble with it, but a mechanic did once, well it took four trips for him to get it squared away. :laugh:

ive read posts about the stocker having better flow than the k and n. but now i dont need to buy a new filter every time, i just clean it. :whistle:

somebody did an airflow test on several filters...its on here somewhere but I just remember the only one that actually improved airflow was the bmc race filter. Others were either just comparable to stock or less airflow.

well, got the rear pads done with no problems. now i cant get the calipers off to do the fronts. i dont have a front stand, so i was plannin on removing the calipers and doin it that way, but the bolts are tryin to "round out" on me.

anyone got some suggestions? ive never done the front brakes before.

Only advise I can give is to not try to use a cheap allen wrench. Use a good quality socket type that actually grips and is hardened.

i was talking about removing the calipers from their brackets, so i could have access to the pads w/o removing the wheel. i dont see where an allen wrench would help there (only to remove the pads themselves) thanx for the heads up tho, liltroy

i was able to put a regular floor jack under the header pipes,just take your time when jacking it up,and you should be fine.there really isnt much weight on it,and you should be able to leave your kickstand down if i remember correctly,so it doesnt tip over.just the way i did it,good luck

Back