Did Oprah cause the economic crash ?

the guy does make some valid points in the story as written. Did she cause it all on her own, no way. Do famous people such as this mislead people and cause ripples to the system? I think it would be very naive of us to say they don't have some impact.

Quote from the link:

A year and a half ago the economy was humming along doing fine, consumer confidence was high and so was the stock market. Then Oprah had the author to the book “The Secret” on her program not once but twice to promote it. The Secret uses junk science to convince gullible people they can have whatever they want if they wish it into existence

I have proof that this system does not work, that it is in fact a hoax. I've been wishing that Oprah would disappear for years. :whistle:

:rofl::rofl:
Quote from the link:

A year and a half ago the economy was humming along doing fine, consumer confidence was high and so was the stock market. Then Oprah had the author to the book “The Secretâ€￾ on her program not once but twice to promote it. The Secret uses junk science to convince gullible people they can have whatever they want if they wish it into existence

I have proof that this system does not work, that it is in fact a hoax. I've been wishing that Oprah would disappear for years. :whistle:

the guy does make some valid points in the story as written. Did she cause it all on her own, no way. Do famous people such as this mislead people and cause ripples to the system? I think it would be very naive of us to say they don't have some impact.

This includes the famous people that sit in Washington right?

jeeez. ANOTHER internet conspiracy theory?

have we learned NOTHING? :D

Quote from the link:

A year and a half ago the economy was humming along doing fine, consumer confidence was high and so was the stock market. Then Oprah had the author to the book “The Secretâ€￾ on her program not once but twice to promote it. The Secret uses junk science to convince gullible people they can have whatever they want if they wish it into existence

It was nearly EIGHT years prior to this that public policy was pushed to provide free money (that's right, FREE) to people who had no clue how to deal with it. It came in the form of loans where the fine print seemed to say, "We don't even care if you can pay this back or not. Just go buy a house with it and eventually, the price of the house will rise and you can pay it back then."

Yeah, right. Whenever debt is used to create wealth it's like the proverbial house on the sand. This sand pile kept getting deeper and deeper. It started to collapse when the aforementioned book was mentioned by Oprah.

The fact is, people have been wishing for things to appear for years. Decades. Centuries. It wasn't until lending practices were modified so that people could be given money which they didn't understand how to use but gawdammit, they had a frickin' HOUSE fer krissakes!!! They couldn't afford it but who the he!! cares!!

Yeah, right. It's Oprah's fault. Bwahahahahahahahahah!!!!

--Wag--

Quote from the link:

:laugh:

The world... ok maybe too broad, this country for sure would be FAR FAR FAR better off if there were no daytime tv shows, reality tv shows and judge judy crap. Too many people sittin around doin not a damn thing watchin some of the stupidest shid EVER to be spewed on TV day after day. And what would these lovely TV show hosts be doing if they werent spewing stupidity day after day on TV? The same thing a lot of pro ball players would be doing. Sitting on their as$es at home preaching the same shid/playin the same game for FREE and most americans would be out doing something productive rather than sitting at home getting stupider by the minute. :banghead:

Back