Did oil change now it wont start...smh!!

@Krudd93
Rubb. Everybody else gave advice an helpful tips...but not you THE ONLY bobohead OUT THE BUNCH... WAS ALWAYS TOLD IF U DONT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING!!! THATS WHATS NEXT...SMH

O well. if even one person reads my krap words and skips on the idea of cranking a motor over without oil then thats a good thing.
Every one else can be all nice...thats great. I didn't spend any time on the issue,my bad.
It wasn't the first time my approach to things was not liked on here in close to 20 years.Won't be the last. I've had people threaten to climb on planes and come and kill me.
I'm that popular. O well.
Rubb.
It’s ok mate, ol’ Kiwi still luvs ya mate :D

That reminds me, that guy I'm ignoring--I'm going to unignore you now. You can unignore me too if you want.

...see that's how serious I take these squabbles.

BTW, when you ignore somebody, do they stop seeing your posts?

Unignore completed.
I think so. I mean I had to turn my "ignore button" off, to read your post.
Rubb.

Last edited:
I'm sure a lot of engines have been cranked over 20 times on a dead battery. I did that to my 14. There can't be much if any lubrication happening there but it makes a hell of a BANG if you can get to fire up. It's not the end of the world I'd just avoid it in the future.
So next time I'm doing say...a compression test...cranking that baby over and over...then moving on to the next cylinder,etc....its better to do it without any oil anywhere in the motor. OK,got it.
My motor should be fine anyway...cause I use one of them engine oil treatments they sell on late night T.V. :thumbsup:
You can run a motor for 20 minutes just with the additive. Awesome.
Rubb.

BTW, when you ignore somebody, do they stop seeing your posts?

By default a forum "ignore" function is passive and not a "block" function where 2-way interaction would be severed and privacy viewing settings would apply to the person who is blocked. This can be helpful as with "ignore" a troll is not tipped-off whereas via "block" they are aware and may proactively look for alternative methods to harass someone. Also, if the forum is available to the public as is this, then an ignored member could merely log out and view the same content anyway.

Your idea can be implemented to a forum via an add-on so my answer is not definitive, but the above reality makes it unlikely that it was done here.

Last edited:
I would look at that also it’s close to battery and can be moved and be issue.
The old TOS issue. Its been a hassle for years on the Busa. Back around 2000 or so,some guys took them apart and filled them with silicone to stop them from moving. :laugh: Awesome mod right...:p
I just love reading about all "the fixes" over the years.
ahhhh...the memories.
Rubb.

@Krudd93 don’t get your feathers ruffled. Everyone here has done something that someone has given them a rash over. It’s just part of the Busa brotherhood. Hell, I caught so much crap over a k&n filter.... ;)

So did you get it running yet?
Tell me please...yer not still using the K&N are you? :poke:
Actually,I must have missed that one. What was the "issue" with a K&N ?
Oil,air or fuel?
Should I immediately tear off MY K&N and toss it in the shi7-can. What was wrong? Re-call? Over-engineered? Too bulky? WHAT?
Don't leave me hangin' Bro.

Rubb.

On my bike I tuned it with the basic tps setting. Now I would like to tune it per gear. I have it all set up on the bike to do tune per gear. But when I try to load an old map it’s not per gear anymore. So how do I load a previous map into my power commander for each gear so I don’t have to retune the whole bike in every gear?
I think so. I mean I had to turn my "ignore button" off, to read your post.
Rubb.

You BASTID!! :laugh:

So next time I'm doing say...a compression test...cranking that baby over and over...then moving on to the next cylinder,etc....its better to do it without any oil anywhere in the motor. OK,got it.
My motor should be fine anyway...cause I use one of them engine oil treatments they sell on late night T.V. :thumbsup:
You can run a motor for 20 minutes just with the additive. Awesome.
Rubb.

Excellent observation, Rubb. We turn the motor over repeatedly when we do a compression test and it doesn't kill the motor. I think it's best to do a compression test on a hot engine so there's bound to be a good film of oil on all the parts. I imagine the cylinders get washed down with fuel during a compression test though. Even if you have oil in the pan, I don't think it's doing much at 200 rpm which is probably about the engine speed the starter turns. The point is, we have to turn our motors over without lubrication at the very least to start them. Each startup causes a little bit of accellerated engine wear. There's no sense in making the engine turn without lubrication more than necessary but there are times when the end justifies the means.

Excellent observation, Rubb. We turn the motor over repeatedly when we do a compression test and it doesn't kill the motor. I think it's best to do a compression test on a hot engine so there's bound to be a good film of oil on all the parts. I imagine the cylinders get washed down with fuel during a compression test though. Even if you have oil in the pan, I don't think it's doing much at 200 rpm which is probably about the engine speed the starter turns. The point is, we have to turn our motors over without lubrication at the very least to start them. Each startup causes a little bit of accellerated engine wear. There's no sense in making the engine turn without lubrication more than necessary but there are times when the end justifies the means.
Agreed. The motor has prolly cooled a bit while you ready the comp. test.
Don't want fuel in there during the test? Pull the fuel pump hot wire or fuse.
Prolly turns over faster than 200 arps...I'll get us an' exact number on that.
Accelerated engine wear on start-up...not if you use that new "As seen on T.V." product. I think its from K-Tel...no,no...Ronco,thats it.:laugh:
Rubb.

Though he said new battery. Will it crank with a tip over switch issue?
Yes. In most applications. TOS cuts ignition,fuel pump,not power to starter/starter relay.
Rubb.

Since the guy's motor has sputtered a few times and stalled out, it couldn't be the TOS

The old TOS issue. Its been a hassle for years on the Busa. Back around 2000 or so,some guys took them apart and filled them with silicone to stop them from moving. :laugh: Awesome mod right...:p
I just love reading about all "the fixes" over the years.
ahhhh...the memories.
Rubb.

A TOS is essential for a street bike but it was a concern that some might actually achieve lean angles that would activate the TOS. I know most street riders wouldn't bother to use one but a lanyard kill switch is probably the best way to stop the engine in the event of a fall. I can tell you from experience, the busa's TOS doesn't shut the motor down immediately when it's laying o the ground.

Back