Debadging help...

pubwilson

Registered
I noticed a lot of guys are removing their kanji and other decals on their bike. I feel now that I like this cleaner look and I wanna go for it. What is the best process for removing my decals without destroying my paint and fairing? Thanks in advance!

Hair dryer, and take your time, if done right they come off pretty easy w/no sticky stuff left behind. It's easyer w/2 people. Good luck!

Picture 115.jpg

Price out the factory stickers before you do that and remember, the tank stripes arent going anywhere without a paintjob. if you decide to sell ever everyone will think the bike was down or repainted, if that even matters to you.

Either way, good luck:beerchug:

My bike is identical to OPCM and I bought it with 1400 miles on it so I know it hasn't been down. However, if that is the look you like go for it. I on the other hand, can't stand the bike without the graphics. I am looking high and low for a set. I think I am going to just order the factory set from Ronayers.com. In the end, it is all about what YOU think looks good though.

My bike is identical to OPCM and I bought it with 1400 miles on it so I know it hasn't been down. However, if that is the look you like go for it. I on the other hand, can't stand the bike without the graphics. I am looking high and low for a set. I think I am going to just order the factory set from Ronayers.com. In the end, it is all about what YOU think looks good though.

Got mine from MotoPyschoGraphics in Michigan off ebay. $40, and they are die cut, so the Kanji shape is the sticker outline. Also got all the small graphics in flat black, and the Kanji color is called twilight black, it's a perfect match.
I hated the goldish color Kanji, and didn't really like the look without anything there, just a thought, here's a pic to see if you like it.

005.jpg

IMO the lowers look way too plain without the kanji's.

Got mine from MotoPyschoGraphics in Michigan off ebay. $40, and they are die cut, so the Kanji shape is the sticker outline. Also got all the small graphics in flat black, and the Kanji color is called twilight black, it's a perfect match.
I hated the goldish color Kanji, and didn't really like the look without anything there, just a thought, here's a pic to see if you like it.

That stealthy look is hot man, black on black style, I might try that next year, just depends.

I removed my little extra decals off the front and rear and the GSXR 1300 stickrs as they are a lie, lol... I also removed the "S" from the tank.

Left my kanji though. I like the way it turned out.

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

That stealthy look is hot man, black on black style, I might try that next year, just depends.

I removed my little extra decals off the front and rear and the GSXR 1300 stickrs as they are a lie, lol... I also removed the "S" from the tank.

Left my kanji though. I like the way it turned out.

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Thanks man, and mine are 1340 decals too. I like the blacked out look you've got goin too. I just got my passenger pegs powdercoated black and will get black rearsets whenever I get the cash.

I also have a 47T black Driven sprocket on her with black axle blocks to boot.

I need to get some updated pics when my new rubber shows up.

I cant talk for everyone but when I took the Large Kanjis off my fairing it was a pain in the ( you know )

Started with the hair dryer / goo gone / goo gone plus / veg oil / WD 40 / 3M Adhesive remover it was a pain, The top part came off but the glue residue just did not want to come off. I pulled all the others off with no problem, But those two :banghead::banghead::banghead:

This was on a Gen I though

And I love the look

===================================================================

000_2782.jpg

Back