SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Man Falls to Death into Vat of Chocolate
29-year-old Hit by Mixing Blade Falls into 8-Foot Vat of Boiling Chocolate
Font size Print Share 26 Comments

PHOTO
Aerial view of Cocoa Services Inc. plant in N.J. (CBS3.com)
(CBS/AP) Authorities say a man has died after falling into a vat of melted chocolate in a New Jersey processing plant.

A spokesman for the Camden County Prosecutor's Office says the 29-year-old temporary worker at Cocoa Services Inc. plant fell after a blade used to mix raw chocolate hit him. The man's name has not been released.

The accident happened around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday as the worker was loading raw chocolate into the vat where it's melted and mixed before being shipped elsewhere to be made into candy products.

The victim was said to have been trapped in the vat for nearly 10 minutes before being freed, reports CBS station KYW. Officials said a preliminary investigation has revealed that the worker may have suffered a head injury while inside the vat.

Prosecutor's spokesman Jason Laughlin says a co-worker tried to shut off the machine and two others tried to pull the man out of the 8-foot deep vat.

Cocoa Services hires a second company - Lyons and Sons - to do the mixing.

I am going to hell for this....

Last edited by a moderator:
yah except the part that the chocolate was boiling that he fell into. Im sure it wasnt all that blissful as hes being boiled. And he was in it for 10 mins so he was boiled alive he must have felt how lobsters do.

yah except the part that the chocolate was boiling that he fell into. Im sure it wasnt all that blissful as hes being boiled. And he was in it for 10 mins so he was boiled alive he must have felt how lobsters do.

ahhh ok...I would like my chocolate melted but not boiling please SHADiGUY...hehehe

I wonder what they did with the chocolate?

I realize that they were making the chocolate so it was probably in the raw form but chocolate boils at a very low temp and when it does the coco butter breaks down and then just becomes a lump of nastiness.

If you've ever used a double boiler to melt chocolate and had the temp up to high you will know what I'm talking about. That's if you're willing to admit you cook though. :)

Back