Dear Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just lay it out there so that you absolutely know what I expect AGAIN. Attached is an email thread that came from the attorney from Muth systems. I have told you this in the past and I am telling you in front of everyone here. When the attorney from Muth sends me an email that says that everything is cleared up then and only then can you sell on this site. While some folks may not take the email between the attorney and myself as threatening I did, I can barely pay the bills to keep this site open much less pay and attorney to keep me out of the middle of a patent infringement.

While I think your mod is a great idea the attorney sent me specific information on how your mod was in violation of a patent.

If everything has been cleared up the there should be no problem with you going after this attorney for your losses in sales. Don't put me in the middle. I could care less that you feel that your dual citizenship protects you from any sort of legal ramifications but in the end its about me not you. That little disclaimer on the auction site is only so good, I have no protection knowing that the seller is violating a patent infringement. Once I was advised that there was an issue I have a duty and responsibility to remove it.

Peter this is your problem and you and your attorneys need to get with Muth and have them send me confirmation. Do not drag me through this and expect me to change my mind. Your persistant nagging and attempts to work around the systems is unacceptable and tells me a lot about your integrity. I have removed your auctions twice since this has happened and you have created new accounts on the board because I locked your account.

Do you really think that I locked your account, removed your auctions and removed privalidges because I wanted you to go create a new login......

This is your problem, go pay an attorney, sue muth or whatever you need to but do not expect me to change anything until that notice comes.

Thanks Doug. I'm happy to talk to you after I return from Detroit late next week.

We apreciate your cooperation.

Thomas

Thomas Alberti

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 02:23 PM Central Standard Time
To: Alberti, Tom
Subject: RE: Patent Infringement #2

Tom,

I don't have a problem taking the device off site, however I do ask for a small amount of consideration. I do have notifications on the message board and the auction site that state that we do not tolerate any infringements or violations of law. I was simply asking you for more information about the product and infringement so I can be informed of what is going on. The website is not a profit center and is simply a hobby site.
I do not keep legal council on staff, there is no staff, just me and you obviously know that I am not going to create a confrontation with legal council from a company. Now that I have specific information I am more than happy to remove any items that I find that are in violation of this patent infringement. I have already removed the product from the auction site and have the volunteer moderators looking through the message board for any other instances of this product. I will call you to see if you might have any ideas on how to keep this product from appearing on the message board or auction site again.

Doug

Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 2:08 PM
To: captain
Cc: Alberti, Tom

I'm free tomorrow or Sunday, today I'm beyond busy.

In a nutshell, our policy is to aggressively police all infringing activity.
We aren't singling you out, and I have no doubt that you were unaware that the ad was up. We just need it taken down.

Feel free to call anytime (well, except for today).

Thanks Doug,

Thomas

Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 1:57 PM

Tom,

Let's get on a phone call, the email is not going the right direction. I think that you are misinterpreting my words.

Feel free to call me at *** *** **** or if you will provide me a number I will call you..

Doug

Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 1:54 PM
To: captain
Cc: Alberti, Tom

The letter was not threatening, and as the administrator of the website you are responsible for its content.

It isn't my job to educate you about patent law or patent infringement, I suggest that you retain competent patent counsel to advise you of your legal rights should you choose to allow the item to be shown on your website.

Thomas P. Alberti, Esq.

Corporate Intellectual Property Counsel

Muth Company, LLC

Muth Mirror Systems, LLC

K. W. Muth Company, INC.

Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 1:39 PM

Tom,

The item that you are referring to was uploaded by a member of the site not by myself or any administrative personnel with my website. Instead of sending me a threatening email how about documentation to back up your claim. Have you contacted the person that has placed the auction on the site?

Doug King

Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 1:35 PM
To: <a href="mailto:captain@hayabusa.org" target="_blank">
Cc: Todd, Dan; Pfeifer, Gayle; Alberti, Tom
Subject: Patent Infringement #2
Importance: High

Mr. King - (copy to Gayle P. and Dan Todd, President of Muth Mirror Systems)

Your website has hosted this same mirror in the past, and "Bill" at:
was warned on 4/18/2005 and you and I spoke on 5/20/05.
Subsequently, the offending pages were removed.

Considering the restraint and kindness that you were afforded, I'm a bit shocked to see this again:

http</a>
auctiondetails

If this isn't resolved immediately, I will take action to make sure that this infringing mirror doesn't show up again.

Gayle - if this isn't removed by next Friday the 20th, we will need to take immediate action on this.

Thomas P. Alberti, Esq.

Corporate Intellectual Property Counsel

Muth Company, LLC

Muth Mirror Systems, LLC

K. W. Muth Company, INC.

(spkerhed @ Nov. 09 2006,18:46)
(rubbersidedown @ Nov. 09 2006,18:44) why all the biitchin?

I'll send anyone who wants one, a free   Custom Delux Mirror Mod.

Just ask.   I'll post pics.

RSD.
I want to see the pics  
jump9.gif
ok ok....

1.JPG

Best part about this Mirror Mod....

you can get the wrinkles outa yer favourite t-shirt at the same time.

A new use for all that bathroom steam...

6.JPG

(rubbersidedown @ Nov. 09 2006,19:01) Best part about this Mirror Mod....

you can get the wrinkles outa yer favourite t-shirt at the same time.

A new use for all that bathroom steam...
Nice Rubb,,,
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Well that about sums it up.
Sangai, you will have problems if you continue to try to get around Cap. We all stand behind him, and will not accept an attempt to mire him personally, or the site in your legal issue. He has laid out what you need to do to be granted privileges here again, and I suggest that you either comply, or stay away. You will find that we are a tight family here, and you want to stay in Cap's good graces.
Sincerely,
Jeremy.

Hokay -so now it is all out there... nothing left to say.  So because this thread has run its course - I believe that we just heard the proverbial "last word" (and also because I do not want to know how RSD fogged up that mirror), so unless/until CAp decides differently, this thread is D U N!

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 09 2006,19:05) Nice shirt Rubb. Where might a brotha find himself one of those?
PM me your addy,I shall send you the shirt off my back.

Literaly.

Or, I could get you a new 1.
wink.gif

Locked 'til CAp says otherwise.

Or until Rub posts a cool shirt - yer gonna make me lock this again aren't ya?!?

Doug, I did nag you for an answer on how you want me to fix this. Beside 2 PMs you sent me where one was informing me about issue with muth systems, and other contained part of the email with their patent portfolio, i never heard from you since. You NEVER told me exactly what you want me to do to get my auctions/thread back online. I have have asked you several times for copy of the email you received containing legal threats and didnt see it until now.

Ignoring the matter doesnt fix it, and please dont make me look like little bugger trying to work around things. I've told you that I'll fix the issue, and that I'm fine with taking my auctions/thread offline. I've sent you updates after each time I've communicated with Muth, I asked you if I can repost my auction.. no replies. So I did repost 1 time.
Account banning is a different thing tho, I understand banning me from auction site to make sure i wont repost it again, but banning from the forum posting? To avoid this I guess. I've tried all means to getting your response over last 2 months without dragging it over the forum. Going through other moderators, pms, phone calls and email.  I'm not a kid that you can shutup at will.

When talking to Alberti, he DENIED any kind of threats to you, and since I didnt have the copy of that email, I had nothing to go on. What should I do, put the gun to his head and make him write you a letter retracting threats he said he never did? Two months I have waited, and sent you messages to get this out of you. Thank you, at least now I have something to move things further, and finally response from you on how you see this resolved.

I'm not trying to get around you, I simply tried to get response out of you.

It wont take long, you will get your letter from Muth retracting their threats.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back