Dealing with shift lever using lowered pegs

Versicarius

Registered
Installed 4cm dropped footpegs and had to lower the gear shifter and rear brake lever accordingly. However, the gear shifter is at the lowest point it can go (any further and you can't downshift because it hits the kickstand) and it still feels like it needs to go a bit lower to be comfortable with the lowered pegs. Does anyone have any ideas for a potential solution to this? I've seen someone who bent their shift lever outwards to avoid the kickstand, and also someone who bent their kickstand in, but I'd rather avoid having to do that. It looks like something that would be solved just by having the shifter be a few centimetres outwards but I've not seen a method to do that successfully.

g5Q4xrv.jpg

NCfBDsJ.jpg

I had the same issue. Unfortunately I have no solution beyond settings the shifter as low as it will go and still work and just getting used to it. Would love a better idea but I don't have one.

Centimeters or millimeters? You could space the whole rearset out a little but it'll feel odd with one peg a little further out than the other. That's quite a lot of drop on that peg must be comfy.

Brocks kickstands don’t have the bend in them, and clear lowered shift levers. I had to do this with my Gen 3 and vortex rearsets.

Installed 4cm dropped footpegs and had to lower the gear shifter and rear brake lever accordingly. However, the gear shifter is at the lowest point it can go (any further and you can't downshift because it hits the kickstand) and it still feels like it needs to go a bit lower to be comfortable with the lowered pegs. Does anyone have any ideas for a potential solution to this? I've seen someone who bent their shift lever outwards to avoid the kickstand, and also someone who bent their kickstand in, but I'd rather avoid having to do that. It looks like something that would be solved just by having the shifter be a few centimetres outwards but I've not seen a method to do that successfully.

View attachment 1669804

View attachment 1669805
Yep, probably going to have to space out the rear sets. I would space both out, so it doesn't feel weird like described below. I had to fab my own on my Gen3. Got sick of looking for the right parts to make it work! LOL The pic attached isn't the finished outcome, but you get the drift.

BUSA REARSETS.jpg

Shouldn't be an issue. I bought some aftermarket that came with spacers, and it seemed to work fine. Didn't really change the geometry that much. Ultimately, I needed more drop and eliminated the spacers and replaced it with that piece I fabricated but they are still spaced out from the stock.

I also ground off that little nipple on the kick stand because it was in the way of my foot in-between the shift lever and the peg.

Also depends on how far you space it out. Doesn't look like you need much. A few washers should do it.

You could also put a few washers with a longer bolt on the backside of the shift lever where the shift rod mounts if you need to. It has a spacer on it already.

Back