Dealer Damaged bike now waiting for parts

Liquidous

Registered
short story.

purchased 2 new bikes, went to pick them up, dealer figured out one of the bikes either fell over, or something dropped on it. gas tank seriously dented, clutch lever snapped in half, side fairing messed up, all the way to the back mufflers.

they ordered all new parts, and said if anything else was found wrong they would fix it no cost to me, paid labor everything. i have the damaged bike with 2 miles on it as damaged by dealership ( not even started yet) waiting for dealership to get parts... they say they are ordering from OEM and it takes long...

what courses of actions are out there to push this harder to get these parts.. the guy at dealership said if it was an 05 he could see the delay, but this is an 04 busa .

just thought id pick your brains for opinions.

kind regards

Have you spoken to the G.M. of the dealership yet? I would speak to the highest-ranking person I could, if I was not satisfied with the results, take it on up the chain. Someone at some level will ask " Why is this guy bringing this up to me? The people below me must not be doing a good job...." keep in mind that getting $hitty with them will prolly just make them take longer, but I'd call at least once a day.

I'd walk the chain up all the way to Corporate. If he really wanted to help he could probably have the parts overnighted. Worst case I would say maybe 3 days. Keep on 'em.

I wouldnt have taken delivery on either bike, be careful man, dealers can pull some shid!

I'd make them find me a brand spankin new one from either their stock or anohter dealer. Thats BS to have a wrecked bike for "new"
mad.gif

yeah i would ask for a brand new bike.... noone in their right ming would take a bike new like that.

I mean what the hell??? I would ask for the cost of the new parts back in money, or a new bike.

Trust me...they are praying that u wont call and do that b/c its your right. You dont have to buy it.

i agree everything everyone says. but i wasn't going to find that color anywhere in this side of the country with out some serious diksuking:O ... the other thing they said they would let me come back and pick it up fixed, but since i drove many hours away to get it, we told them we would take it, and trailer it back and hand the bike to another suzuki to do all the work and labor. we figured we have them right in our hands, if the other dealer could take it all apart and check everything, the dealer could basically pass the cost onto the other dealer we bought it from and get all new parts, and the dealership doing the work locally would get paid on all labor. the bike was seriously flawless, looked like it was taken right out of the crate, no dust, no finger marks, no nothing, just pure dented skuffed up parts.. it was shiddy....

have to say it did break my heart when i saw it. i went down to the basement where they keep all the inventory, i walked passed this bike by myself and said, oh that must be it, then saw all the damage, and then said, oh no, its probably someones who is in for repair.. then when they brought both bikes up to deliver them to us, it was the same bike i saw all the damage on.. apparently the sales people didn't see the damage until they brought it up from the basement. arg. waited almost 9 months and painful searches to find this color at a decent price, it was now or never, and then the one i got was this one... so sad.. i wasn't about to ask for money back cuz then id have to fix the bik ewith my money.. i rather have the responsibility given to another dealership to return the bike to completely new, in every single way - regardless - and then have it all paid for and picked up.

i had to ask the dealership for all the paperwork , they weren't going to give it to me. all the check lists, and the dealer declare forms.. it was kind of a bad experience. then i had to ask them to give me the hump, and then it wouldn't turn on, they found out they didn't prep the battery, it wasn't even connected.. then they connected it and figured out the acid wasn't even in the batteyr. so it took another hour to charge the battery, and then the battery leaked, and had to do it all over again...

long story short.. im sad, and bikeless at the moment, waiting on parts. i figured 2004 parts would be abundant.

i would have, but no person or dealership is getting this color in my side of the country. lol. trust me i must have called 100 dealerships.

What color Busa did you order? If it was an 04 LE it would be harder to find right now. My local parts dealer (not the one I bought my Busa from) said that each dealer only gets 1 LE per year, it might be hard to find another. The Crystal Red painted parts have to be ordered from Suzuki if you want the dealer to pay for it.

Good luck.

If it's a 04 LE, get your money back & buy from the dealership in Rock Hill, S.C. or something else! At least don't except a bike that has been down for the price & status of a new bike! At least they could give you a price break for there mistake (ex. when you buy "demo" goods) you know it's been used or handled but you still get the warranty of new merchandiese but a little price break on the good.

i agree everything everyone says.  but i wasn't going to find that color anywhere in this side of the country with out some serious diksuking:O ... the other thing they said they would let me come back and pick it up fixed, but since i drove many hours away to get it, we told them we would take it, and trailer it back and hand the bike to another suzuki to do all the work and labor. we figured we have them right in our hands, if the other dealer could take it all apart and check everything, the dealer could basically pass the cost onto the other dealer we bought it from and get all new parts, and the dealership doing the work locally would get paid on all labor.    the bike was seriously flawless, looked like it was taken right out of the crate, no dust, no finger marks, no nothing,  just pure dented skuffed up parts.. it was shiddy....

have to say it did break my heart when i saw it.  i went down to the basement where they keep all the inventory, i walked passed this bike by myself and said, oh that must be it, then saw all the damage, and then said, oh no, its probably someones who is in for repair.. then when they brought both bikes up to deliver them to us, it was the same bike i saw all the damage on.. apparently the sales people didn't see the damage until they brought it up from the basement.  arg.  waited almost 9 months and painful searches to find this color at a decent price, it was now or never, and then the one i got was this one... so sad..   i wasn't about to ask for money back cuz then id have to fix the bik ewith my money.. i rather have the responsibility given to another dealership to return the bike to completely new, in every single way - regardless - and then have it all paid for and picked up.

i had to ask the dealership for all the paperwork , they weren't going to give it to me.  all the check lists, and the dealer declare forms.. it was kind of a bad experience.  then i had to ask them to give me the hump, and then it wouldn't turn on, they found out they didn't prep the battery, it wasn't even connected.. then they connected it and figured out the acid wasn't even in the batteyr. so it took another hour to charge the battery, and then the battery leaked, and had to do it all over again...

long story short.. im sad, and bikeless at the moment, waiting on parts.  i figured 2004 parts would be abundant.
I held my 04 LE with a credit card (not charged) for a few days till I could get to the dealer a couple hours away to pick it up. But I would NEVER buy a bike sight unseen....and NEVER take a bike in that condition...no matter what the color. Your better off finding the color somewhere else or just picking up an 05.
The checklist you were given covers ALL the prep that bike needs to be legally ridden away. They obviously didn't do much of the prep thats on that sheet if the battery wasn't even ready...better check the bike for oil....coolant.....check the brakes...tire pressure...axle nuts ect. They sound like a joke....unfortunately since you've now taken posession of the bike your kinda knee deep in the stuff. Counting on a second dealership to fix the first ones probs is also a big mistake. If I was you I'd try and take the bike back...get my money back, and move on to another Busa. Good luck...and don't worry...when you're on your Busa you'll forget all about the bs  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114148507 -->

Some thirty years ago I bought a brand new Norton 850 Commando from Ghost Motorcycles on Long Island. After only 2,000 miles and two months the safety clip on the header pipe vibrated loose and stripped out the cylinder head. The dealership tried to make me pay for the repairs while it was still under warrantee and I said no.

I ended up calling Norton in the UK and spoke with the top dog. He asked me how many miles and how long had I had the bike. He then told me to call Ghost and tell them to fix the bike or they would pull their dealership from them.

Well they were pretty pissed at me and said sure they'd fix it. They kept my bike over the entire summer and gave it back to me in time for winter. Every time I called to see if the repairs had been made they had some lameass excuse about the difficulty of heliarc welding and other bs reasons.

Even though I won my battle I still got screwed royally.

Back