Daytona - zx12

Is the engine a plastic model only with no moving parts? Just a question!!!!The only thing I'm worried about is if I go pass it at a 130mph will the mirrors catch my jacket sleeves and cause me to crash,could be a safety issue there.

Is it just me or does anyone else ever wonder what the real story is?

Why on earth would they spend so much time in the tunnel aero testing this thing, putting vg's on the lower panel and then stick the signals out there like that? At least integrate them to some extent. Seems like an afterthought, "oh son-of-a...we forgot the signals".

Nice lookin' bike but the Busa's got more personality. The 12 looks disappointingly like every other bike out there.

Even more suprising because kawi showed they can be innovative looks wise with the zx10-11. I think that was the most striking bike of its time. The busa is now.

I said it awhile ago and Dirty Pete can back me up on this.I have always thought that the show model of the ZX12 didnt have any internals(crank,pistons,con rods and etc.) in the motor to make it feel alot light than the Busa.

Thanks alot Jeff!!

That's great! I sure hope they take that off before they display it, otherwise people are really going to wonder what the hell is going on with that model.

I believe they took after Kraft, they make some...it's called Cheese Whiz. :)

Just to get the saying straight it's
called a "Can of Whoop-*** "

Does anyone find it hard to believe that kawasaki would put their flagship on display with handwritten tape on it with those notes?

Come on guys, at the very least they would take the keys and show it for pretty. As for the seat, why would they put that out there as well?

You guys must remember, these bikes just came off of the transport trucks and the area that they were in was restricted. As the public was not able to see this stuff.

I am sure that these tags will be removed before the dealer area opens on Wednesday.

It is normal for most of these bikes not to have a battery, or fluids installed, however not having engine internals is not part of the game.

over my 20 or so years with bikes I have seen that stuff all the time.
for the boat show one year Kaw.gave us
an X1R jetski no crank or anything in it just empty cases.looked good but it would not run to save its life this is normal.
only 2.5 weeks till the new one shows up.

Well, I am not that interested in the ZX12 but I did see some commercials for it on Speedvision last night so it must be on the way-Kawaskai must have a sense of humor because there was no bike that I remember-just a guy in a helmet standing around waiting! Seems like Motorcyclist does their top speed runs at some higher altitude location-also the South Africa test also mumbled something about altitude. Since the ZX12 is a smaller motor it probably depends more on the ram air for top speed and might be affected more by thinner air than the Busa. As I suspected, the ZX12 seems to make less torque than the Busa. So far, I haven't seen anything surprising yet. The ZX12 might top the Busa at sea level.

Sea level, high altitude, no internal parts, seat falling off, tape with writing, two more months, not as much torque, Cheese Whiz, ugly signals, bad frame, stability problems, cheese balling it together………….

Only three more weeks of mis-information then the rumor mill is shut down.

I heard they made the tires on the 12 out of play doh!

NK I still stand firmly behind the 12, assuming soon I'll have something to stand behind. After all, oh my god is in the details. Right?

Back