Dark colored Busa's / Black, Blue ...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Back in 1991 I bought a brand new Honda Civic. The color was "Cobalt blue pearl" That color was incredible in the sun and looked black at night. The problem was keeping it nice. I polished and cleaned that car like crazy and it looked good most of the time... I vowed NEVER Again for a dark colored vehicle. I have kept that Vow until a month ago when I bought the 2008 Dark Blue Busa. To everyone else they think it looks perfect, but I see dust, small scatches, lint, hairs ... I hate dark colors.

What do you guyz do to keep the Dark side lookin good.
???

Sept 2009 031b.JPG

Lots of polish!! There is also this stuff i found called "Wiazards". Its one of them spray on final polishes. Spray on a light mist and use the micro fiber towel that comes with it. It works awsome!! I found it at Autozone but any autobody paint supply can get it also.

My leathers are and knee pucks are making little scuffs ... Tonight I polished it with "Zaino Brothers" it looks awesome but I still dont like the maintenance. :(

sexy shot btw. makes just wanna rear back and slap that ...........

sorry im back what were we talking about?

There is nothing you can do.. you will always see every little mark on the bike, because it's yours. The only thing I can suggest is wearing really dark sun-glasses whenever you are around it. I have the black/orange.. the orange half is much more forgiving than the black lol.

Eagle One Nanowax works for me. As well it buffs off matt black plastic with out leaving a residue.
EagleOne

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

You guys have to try this stuff I have called SC1 Spray. Craziest shine I ever got and I used to use it on a black Katana. People used to ask me if i just bought it and were shocked to hear it was a 99.

Kent, I think you'll be happy with the Meguiar's NXT Next Generation 2.0 wax, it's actually a polymer sealant so it hides swirl marks and once you get a good build up it makes clean-up after rides a breeze. Shoot after rides I just wipe dirt and bugs off with a damp terrycloth towel.

On the new Busa I had applied Meguiar's NXT several times then decided to give the Zaino wax a try, I did the whole bike maybe 4 times but that stuff never seemed to fully dry, especially noticible on the Dk. Blue paint, even a day later it appeared to have like an oily residue that you just could not buff off. Now last weekend I go back to the Meguiar's NXT wax and the application felt different, felt as though it was gumming up or drying quickly as I was rubbing it on in circular motions. Normally the NXT wax goes on as a liquid and pretty much stays that way, at least while your applying it. All I can figure is that the NXT wax was mixing with or working into the Zaino wax and at the time I said to myself WTF the worst that can happen is it can be a total pain to get off, I did the entire bike and let it sit for several hours and much to my suprise it was not difficult to remove at all but most suprising was the resulting lusterous sheen, I don't know how else to describe it, it now has the deepest wetest glossiest shine I've ever seen on this Busa or the previous one, looks like it's had 5 coats of clear polyeurathane color sanded and buffed. My new not so seceret formula, Zaino then NXT.

Try Honda Polish, it also has anti-static agents so the dust doesn't hang on either. Almost all of my bikes end up black so I've tried nearly every spray detailer availible and found it works the best. Meguiar's ScratchX-fine scratch & swirl remover does wonders as well, use about once every other month during heavy riding season. All of these are only $300 dollar paint jobs,basic gloss black. A pain to maintain, but black is beautiful:thumbsup:

06blkbusa 071.jpg

PMwheel 014.jpg

99R1.jpg

R1 after.jpg

Kent, I think you'll be happy with the Meguiar's NXT Next Generation 2.0 wax, it's actually a polymer sealant so it hides swirl marks and once you get a good build up it makes clean-up after rides a breeze. Shoot after rides I just wipe dirt and bugs off with a damp terrycloth towel.

On the new Busa I had applied Meguiar's NXT several times then decided to give the Zaino wax a try, I did the whole bike maybe 4 times but that stuff never seemed to fully dry, especially noticible on the Dk. Blue paint, even a day later it appeared to have like an oily residue that you just could not buff off. Now last weekend I go back to the Meguiar's NXT wax and the application felt different, felt as though it was gumming up or drying quickly as I was rubbing it on in circular motions. Normally the NXT wax goes on as a liquid and pretty much stays that way, at least while your applying it. All I can figure is that the NXT wax was mixing with or working into the Zaino wax and at the time I said to myself WTF the worst that can happen is it can be a total pain to get off, I did the entire bike and let it sit for several hours and much to my suprise it was not difficult to remove at all but most suprising was the resulting lusterous sheen, I don't know how else to describe it, it now has the deepest wetest glossiest shine I've ever seen on this Busa or the previous one, looks like it's had 5 coats of clear polyeurathane color sanded and buffed. My new not so seceret formula, Zaino then NXT.

thats the crap i was talking about

accept it. Use the probucts that are reccomended, but its black, it shows ALL. I have a black Camaro, a black SUV and my Busa was black till i, well, its white now. Clean wax it and then accpet it a ride

welcome to the club mines black after I polish it then it is immediately dusty :whistle: it's a pain but I love my bike.

Back