Damn thieves just tried to steal my bike

Big E

Donating Member
Registered
Damn that poop was instense.  Around 4:30am I get a loud banging at the front door.  Neighbor tells me that my bike is at the bottom of the street.  Get dressed, wake the roomate up. I look outside and see that my bike is not where I parked it. Calmly grab for my steel pole and walk door down the side walk.  I see my bike and look around to see if anyone else is around. As I round the corner I see a couple of kids.  They see me and high tale it up the road.  I see headlights turn on, hear doors closing. Car is put in reverse and they go wailing down another road.   These guys came prepared.  I had my column locked and had a disc lock on it also.  They used a some kind of a car wheel jack to to the front wheel and rolled it down the hill.   No damage to the bike as far as I can see.  I will have to take a closer inspection to it in the morning with sunlight.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092216038 -->

Ill post some pics of the car jack they used to try to steal the bus in the morning.

Damn, E, they must have been casing your bike for a while! Glad they didn't get it, but they may be back to try again with some other technique. Sounds like they are an adaptative enemy (sorry GWOT term). You said you had the column locked and a disc lock on, but do you have an alarm? I just picked up one of the Scorpion SR-i500SE alarms for mine.

Damn Big E!...thats a real shame. I'm a runner....I prolly woulda ran the punks down then held them with the help of my friends, Smith & Wesson, until the cops came
mad.gif
Anyways, I hope your bikes okay. I'm installing an alarm in the next couple of days.....I would suggest you do the same
wink.gif
The Busa's seem to get alot of attention...and not always the good kind
wow.gif
and post those pics and let us know how the ride is  
biggrin.gif

That really sucks...I believe individuals of that mindset should be eliminated on the spot...period!! They didn't get your bike
but they went elsewhere and someone get up this morning
without their bike! It's just a shame...but I guess this is the
one we live in...
Ride safe...

Damn E I'm glad they didn't get it. Thank God the neigbors were alert. Time to roll that bad boy around the the back of the house or park it in the living room.

Damn, just glad you were able to stop them from getting it. I wouldn't doubt if they tried again, so best put that baby in the living room!
wow.gif

That shid really pisses me off!!
mad.gif
I'm glad they didn't get away with your bike.....sounds like you've got great neighbors!

Dan

from now on
you'll be sleeping very lightly
you'll paranoi
and after a while it's gonna go away
it happened to me but mine was stolen and recovered 3 dats after

Did you get the bike and jack fingerprinted before you touched them? I know it seems important to get your bike back home but, it is more important to try to catch the thieves to keep them from attempting it again. Glad they didn't get it, thanks for good neighbors, right.

Glad for happy ending! Whew!

One more reason to lock the bike to a structure, and having Xena Alarm lock on it.

I would also add (actually I did) a cover with a simple alarm in it - you pull the cover and alarm goes off, and there is no easy way to stop it (pin with cord gets pulled out of it) - only to find it, and put the pin back. See Dowco Covers.

Here is the link to what I am talking about. But, don't get medium, get next larger size as medium is a bit too tight. It covers everything including wheels, and unless you know it's impossible to guess there is a 'Busa inside, looks more like a cruiser inside.

Additonal surprise for thiefs is that they don't expect any alarm in the cover, so they won't be looking for it.

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092236487 -->

Damn!!!

Last bike I owned I put up and preped for a few years @3-4 when a year before I was to get out of the military, damn first night home, after my grandmothers death, the Mother F'rs took @20 pains 3'x6" out of the side door and striped my bike in the garage, my mom heard noise I blew it off as house settling, DAMN their was a pitch forck 3 to 5 feet from the houe door to the garage, to this day I wish I could have seen the 3 inthe garage and threw the pitch fork at one and killed them. or all 3. They parked at the cauldersac 2 houses down so only way to get out down the street they ad to come by here, WELL anyhow seen the car did not know they ere in the garage, well come 9am the whore, I mean mother to one of them wanted my mom to come down to the police station to claim the parts found in the car the a$$holes were pulled over a few streets away with the parts in the car well what was left of them. Anyhow the whore wanted my mom to come get them so she can get her car out of inpound, unless my mom claimed them they stay in the car and the car stays in inpound anyhow so corupt here the whore got her car the cheif a close personal friend to her allowed her to have the car, and violated the law to give it to her, see what sexual favors can do especially sleeping with the mother and daughter LOL!!! cannot win in this world, the a$$holes get away no matter what... My word to you is do not call police, if you know who they ae and were they live, trash what they own or have, as cannot trust police, so you have to do it yourself. at least you got a jack and all I did not get all the stuff back only a 1/3 to a 1/2 all the rest prob went into the polices personal stuff, iff you know what I mean, hope nothing was wrong with the bike. I know someone tries to mess with mine now, god and that person and me will only know who did what to that person or persons. Tired of these idiots getting away with it. sickens me you cannot own something without some low life scum bag trying to steal it, trash it and all.

Dang ... that goodness for great neighbors ... that's why I don't mind my nosey neighbors ... if they see or hear anything out of place or abnormal ... they are all over it. I'm glad it worked out well for you ... those were some good suggestions about the alarm especially since you've got some good neighbors. I think the Zena disc alarm is like $60.

when my bike got stolen
i went to the police station
they didn<t really care,
i told them that all my parts were hetched with a number so
you can trace them if the bike i taken apart an sold in pieces.
they said they don<t need it. I told them that the hetch number is linked to the vin#. they didn<t care.

when they found the bike, even to their surprise
specially here in jersey city,
i asked them if they fingerprinted the bike
they said , NO.
who stupid is that?
i don<t understand

I know they have bigger issue to deal with but still.
That could lead them to a whole network specially here in Jersey city/newark where it's considered one the theft capital per capita.

Damn. That really sucks. I know the feeling.
A few years ago, I had an worked Mustang that was stolen. The cops found the car six hours (approx) later and called me in to identify. The supercharged 351w, TKO-tremec, cobra wheels, leather seats, and fiberglass were all stripped from the car. Needless to say, I cried upon receiving it back.

People like this should be eliminated from our gene pool.

Glad your neighbor got you up. You owe them beers.

glad ur bike didnt get nicked matey,i got a golf club by the door anything like that happens i'll kill um.
really takes the pi** ,get the police to take finger prints mate and see what they can do.

Good thing your neighbor was looking out for you.

I personally wouldn't own a motorcycle if I had to leave it parked outside. There is no reason why anyone who does park their bike outside because of necessity not have some type of auditory warning system installed. Spending $60-$300 is cheap insurance against theives.

I'm a Network Security expert, and if you want to protect an asset, have layered security. Don't rely on just one device like an alarm or lock to protect your bike. You want multiple layers of protection that will make a thief take time to defeat each layer of security.

Back