Damn - she got scratched up!

Probably right. I may just fill, spot and buff it? Not worth the $215 for the nose piece.....?

Guys I am sorry. Dont mean to sound like a baby. Upon further review its pretty banged up. Looks kinda ugly?? Dunno. May try to buff out. But there are a few holes too. I'll post some pix tomorrow!
Ted -

I never once thought you were sounding like a baby. We all like our bikes and we all want to keep them as clean and pristine as possible.

I trailered my Busa once and to this day I have a fricken rub mark where the front fender rubbed against the back of my truck. And the first damage is allways the hardest to swallow.. just plain sucks

I had a wheel chock in place but it was not bolted down sturdy enough.

I have the 03 Orange, I had my wife go out and get some finger nail polish that was close to the same color.

It is pretty noticeable but not nearly as bad as it was.

Tell you what, don’t know if this will help or not but good quality finger nail polish works fricken wonders. Stuff holds up, lasts for ever. If I had any other color but the burnt orange I think I could almost make it totally un-noticeable by using finger nail polish.

Go to a cosmetic store and they have just about every color you can think of..

Post a pic to so we can see the amount of damage, some of us might be able to give some better advice if we can see it.

Sucks my fairings got 'rubbed' in on the surface because of how it was packed on its way to Cali, so now I have to get it painted :-(
Just to save it next time, I used clear shelf paper (AKA contact acetate) which I cut and stuck to the fairings under my saddlebags on my recent 6,000 mile trip. Aerostich also sells multi-use thin static mats you can trim and put on your fairing which do the same thing. It kept the saddlebags from rubbing on the paint. I taped a piece of plastic bag over the lettering since I wasn't sure if the shelf paper would take it off when I removed it.

Carl
Thanks alot for that suggestion I know what to do now for next time, because I still didn't know. That sure would have saved me, but oh well, theres always a next time right?

It's a curse, but they do get scuffed and scratched...I have some touch up paint, and when I clean my Busa up and touch this and that up, it still looks damn good!

Sorry to hear about it...but, it happens...
sad.gif

Guys I am sorry. Dont mean to sound like a baby. Upon further review its pretty banged up. Looks kinda ugly?? Dunno. May try to buff out. But there are a few holes too. I'll post some pix tomorrow!
There's no sounding like a baby about it, Ted, if there's holes I would replace it too. $215? That's a deep discount! I doubt you could get it fixed and painted for much less than that, unless you did it yourself. Mechanical things are my bag, bodywork....no.

Awwww. - its not so bad after further review..... I think I was just whining.... LOL! I ordered the fairing anyways.... But now am just going to hold onto it in case of real troubles..... Adds character!

Awwww. - its not so bad after further review..... I think I was just whining.... LOL! I ordered the fairing anyways.... But now am just going to hold onto it in case of real troubles..... Adds character!

Back