CUT OUT ACCIDENT

gixxer

Registered
I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DOCTOR.MINOR ROAD RASH ON LOWER BACK AND LEFT KNEE. I HAD THE 'BUSA CUTOUT AND START AGAIN ON A TURN AND I WIPED IT. THE WHOLE LEFT SIDE IS DESTROYED. WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO???? I LOVE THAT DAMN BIKE I HAVE 1600 MILES ON IT. WHAT TO DO NOW?????? ANY IDEAS??

Reallly sorry to hear what happened to you. My bike also had started cutting out, it did it yesterday at 1240 miles and today at 1285, just about the same time and place on the way back home from work, on a not so hot a day, fortunately no car was following me and I was on a straight line (busy street). I just pulled the clutch, closed the throttle and restart it right away.

Hmmm maybe you (and all of us) should talk to an attorney and maybe plan a class action lawsuit against Suzuki. I see a recall coming, I just hope Suzuki puts his poop together soon. Like you I love the damn beast, but something must be done about it. We can't wait and whine until one of us pays the ultimate price to have things done.

Hopefully your insurance will cover the cost.

>>gixxer

Oh poop - we knew this was coming sooner or later. As a fellow cut-out and near miss sufferer you have my full sympathy.

But what to do about it? I know the predicament well. On the one hand you're pissed because of what's happened but at the same time you love the bike. I'd try not to let emotion get involved. It's dangerous and that's all there is to it. If it was me (or if it becomes me) I would visit a lawyer to hold a preliminary discussion on matters. It's unlikely that your dealer or Suzuki are going to be on your side so get your gun loaded before you start talking to them. It can't hurt.

Keep us all appraised of events and good luck.
Regards
BusOwnerInBlighty

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get well real soon.
A few weeks ago I had a pretty scary situation. I was overtaking a long truck behind a car that was also overtaking, I had to close throttle for a moment, and when I opened full throttle again... the engine died.
Imagine me looking at oncoming traffic, beside a big truck.
Meanwhile, I had discovered before, that if you close the throttle and open it again, really slow, you can get the engine to respond again. That's what I did but it was definitely a dangerous situation.
It's obvious that someone's gona get killed sooner or later if they don't fix this thing...

[This message has been edited by Manuel (edited 02 September 1999).]

I am very sad to read all of those thing. I did write here that something is gonna happen. Suzuki was warned ! Now what's gonna happen, waiting someone to die ?
I should be happy because they fixed my bike one month ago and now it goes well, infact it blast off! But I can't.
Please guys, look around the fuel pump, your filters must be dirty, please clean or replace anything that filter the fuel before and after the pump, if your bike as the same problem as mine: it will fix it !
Take care of yourself, nobody else will do!

[This message has been edited by pmb (edited 02 September 1999).]

Sorry about the Big Slide Gixxer hope your feeling better.I had two close ones myself
Its a pretty shitty feeling.My screen was dark brown bigtime.Hey where the hell is the fuel pump filter located ...in the pump?
I think Suzuki should pay you to fix your bike and any other insurance deductable or surcharge involved.It`s only right and they should be thankfull that you weren`t toast.I dont think you should sue them but just make them realize that this isn`t funny anymore.The next guy could get whacked or worse.I have to agree that Suzuki is cool for giving us mere mortals a machine like this .We are all big boys and girls if we kill ourselves on this bike its our fault but if we get killed because of a faulty what $50 part...thats a different story.

[This message has been edited by gsx1300rguy (edited 02 September 1999).]

The fuel pump is located under the gas tank on the right side of the bike. It will be alot easier to get at if you remove the airbox. Its covered with a black foam rubber insulator i think to protect it from heat.
I have the filter and frank e-mailed me the manual photo's from the manual. Let me know
Bob
--Yes the fuel filter is located in the fuel pump behind a small strainer.

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 02 September 1999).]

This is my first post and I just had to jump in on this topic. I have had my busa
about 3 months and have 3,600 miles on it... zero problems. I have to admit that
before I bought the bike I saw all the posts on the cut out problems but got the
bike anyway, I assumed the risk.

As a manufacture myself (not in this industry) I can tell you that the liability
situation in this country is going to be our downfall. Consider yourself lucky that
Suzuki has the balls to offer a bike like this to the American public, believe me,
that could easily change in the near future. What you don't understand is that
perfection is not obtainable. No matter how many engineers and millions of
dollars in research and development are spent, something unsuspected is going
fail in some way and if you think lawsuits are going to protect you, you are
wrong. In fact these law suits are getting people killed, here is an example of
what I am talking about.

Ten or so years ago I did some work for a major helicopter company and was in
their plant one day talking to one of their engineers. I noticed a sharp vee
shaped object at the top of the windscreen and asked the guy what that was for.
He told me that was a device to sever any phone or power cables that a hapless
pilot might fly into. He said it worked great and was a great pity they could not
install it as a standard feature on all the helicopters as it would save many lives.
This didn't sound logical until he explained further. He said that thing could sever
1000 cables and save 1000 lives but then there would be that one cable it would
fail to cut and the liability was just too much for the company to risk, this was a
sobering thought. Why didn't suzuki rush in, admit and then correct this cut out
problem? The answer to this is very simple, admitting the problem and trying to
correct it will be used against them in court. It puts manufactures in the
impossible position of correcting your problems and get sued or don't correct
your problems and get sued. What would you do?

Really sorry to hear, and glad your alright!
I wish they would release the information to the dealers already. I am betting on the fuel additive problem.
At any rate, for those that have this problem you can make a simple check by looking into your gas tank with a flash light. Look towards the rear bottom and you will see a blue framed, white screened strainer. Its easier to see it if the tank is up on its holding rod. Those that have had this additive in there have seen it brown in color. Mine was white. If its dark instead of white you will need to have your fuel pump screen and filter changed and maybe have your tank cleaned. I have a filter, but don't need it. My hicup problem was the PC2, my new arrives on Friday.
If its brown, or for that matter if you have cut outs --DO NOT RIDE!
I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me if you know there is a problem you bear some of the burden of responsibilty for continuing to ride when a problem exists.
Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 02 September 1999).]

Bob mine is parked.

I called my Suzuki dealer, and the service guy told me that another Hayabusa had the same problem and was traced to the emission control device (California). I'm taking mine tomorrow, they will take a look at the fuel pump too.

Bob please e- mail me the diagrams.I know where the pump is I just didn`t want to rip it apart untill I knew where the filter location was.I have a service manual on order but we all know how that goes.I`m going on a ride this weekend and I`d like to fix it before than....Thanks Bill

camperguy@hotmail.com

God damn gixxer...hate to hear poop like that!!!
SUZUKI has to get off their ass NOW and solve this problem!!!
It sounds like some carberated poop,but thats impossible!
This has to be fixed now!!
And must be prevented with future models!!
And SUZUKI better not wait till someone dies 'cause of this poop!!!
A cut-out problem should not be heard of on a friggin motorcycle!!
Especially one thats stock!
Get on it SUZUKI...i don't want to hear any more poop about it!!
And Gixxer get on their ASS bigtime!
Lockon and don't let go!!

If this happened to me & i was seriously injured...i would do everything possible to see that SUZUKI is under new ownership!And i would do poop right the first time...besides releasing a machine thats capable of runnin high 9's in the 1/4 and breaking the national speed limit 3x over,but it cuts out every once in awhile!!Thats no good!!

[This message has been edited by BUDDHA (edited 03 September 1999).]

Bob thanks for describing where the fuel filter was cause that is the same place that I found my almost disconnected gas hose it was the front nossle of that unit that is mounted under the gas tank and after reconnecting the hose,the raw gas smell went away plus some of my cut out problems went away.To all others this bike is a new bike and we as test pilots will find the problems that Suzuki will fix"hopefully",anyways to bad they couldn't reward riders/owners with a jacket/free valve job/helmet for finding some of these problems for them.I guess all companies are like Microsoft who push their products out to the general public and have some software hacker find the fixes for them.Gives the hacker braging rights and gives Microsoft a free fix.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 03 September 1999).]

Can anyone help me out with a number to contact someone in Suzuki???????? or do I have to go through the legal system????????????? Any help would be appreciated. -Gixxer

Thats the number I used and ask for ext-380 which is cust service.
gsx1300 I sent you the diagrams on 8/30. I will resend if you did not receive.
I wish you guys with the problem would just look into the tank with it in its up position. Check with a flash light and see if the strainer at the bottom rear is not white.
If you have done this and the blue framed strainer with white screen is clean, it is likely that your fuel pump strainer and filter cartridge are also clean and we can move on to another potential cause. This will take you less time than checking tire pressure.
Bob
gsx--Sorry, I just checked my e-mail to you and I had it as hotmail.net instead of .com. you should have it now.

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 04 September 1999).]

Back