cush drive question...

hydrabusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hello, everyone...
I'm not sure, is it normal or not? When the bike is in neutral, and I just found out the sprocket assembly and rear wheel have a half an inch play in there...
rock.gif
Is it normal? or is my cush drive is gone? is anyone knows how much the gap supposed to be?
PS: I've got 05LE with 15000 mi on it...any info. will be appreciated

Easy fix. You need to replace the cush drive rubber inserts. It is common enough some of the board sponsors stock them. 6 part number 64651-31001 will fix you up.

(Professor @ Jan. 28 2007,16:18) Easy fix. You need to replace the cush drive rubber inserts. It is common enough some of the board sponsors stock them. 6 part number 64651-31001 will fix you up.
Yeah, I think so too, thanks...

Remember to put alittle lube to help the install go easier. That wasn't a smartass comment either.
guns.gif

Are you sure its a half inch? Did you measure it or eyeball it? I put 52,ooo on my 02 and never had a problem with the cush drive.

(Gunnybusa @ Jan. 29 2007,15:45) Are you sure its a half inch? Did you measure it or eyeball it?
HALF INCH!!! Gunny it was cold that day.
crazy.gif

I usually just eyeball it
ices_rofl.gif

Yamahor will be along any minute since there was a mention of someone using lube.
all_coholic.gif

(GMbusa @ Jan. 29 2007,16:35) Yamahor will be along any minute since there was a mention of someone using lube.  
all_coholic.gif
yea they like to LUBE each other up ..............
eek2.gif
zzwhip.gif

(badassbusa03 @ Jan. 29 2007,17:26)
(GMbusa @ Jan. 29 2007,16:35) Yamahor will be along any minute since there was a mention of someone using lube.  
all_coholic.gif
yea they like to LUBE each other up ..............
eek2.gif

zzwhip.gif
laugh.gif
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Ouch !</span>

(vman1300 @ Jan. 29 2007,18:12) This thread had no chance once lube was mentioned....

Back on topic, I do stock the cush drives.
is there an upgrade or are they all the same.

Back