"cruise control" bar ends?

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know what i'm talkin bout? The bar ends where throttle side bar end twists in to hold hte throttle when you let go of it? Need to know where to get em

You mean like these?

Throttlemeister

cool.gif

I had them on my FZ1. Not perfect (won't hold speed on upgrades) but good to relax your hand on long, level, straights.

Absolutely love mine! Lots of threads here about the positives and negatives (I don't have any negatives with mine
smile.gif
)

Red, I doubt you will find ne1 selling theres. I looked around last week, and finally ordered them. I must say, they are simply beautiful looking, easy to install and once shimmed, work very nicely. The first morning I had them on, rolling to the gate a Buell pulled and complimented me on the bar ends. Once he heard they doubled as Cruise control, he asked where to order them! Good luck with the search I do hope you find some, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

oh yeah, get the heavy version, less vibes.

<!--EDIT|CAT3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155233544 -->

Yep. Both sides have two thick "washers" which are shims. And the throttle side also comes with one very thin and two slightly thicker, but still thin shims. I used the three thinest and works great. Of course you have to realize unlike a car that will adjust throttle positions based of reported VSS (vehicle speed sensor) this is like older cars (pre-pcm, e.g.carb) where you set the speed and it will hold it on level surface, but go uphill it will slow slightly as there is no additional throttle being given.

Members have sold theirs here in the past. Those sales are few and far between though. When they do pop up ya gotta be on it fast!

*after thought*  Hey redkat, post a poll to get a head count on those interested in buying throttlemeisters.  Maybe we could get ks-waterbug to hook up a group buy if there are enough interested.

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: "phat finger"|1155234429 -->

*after thought*  Hey redkat, post a poll to get a head count on those interested in buy throttlemeisters.  Maybe we could get ks-waterbug to hook up a group buy if there are enough interested.
That has been attempted, problem was that they weren't willing to come off the price much.  They are very proud of thier product and rightfully so, but as I recall, there were several people in for the group buy and they just wouldn't make it worth the effort....

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "5300"|1155234516 -->

The throttlemeister is well worth the money. Although it will not provide a constant speed, I use mine to give my right wrist a rest when it gets numb, and it's perfect for that.

*after thought*  Hey redkat, post a poll to get a head count on those interested in buy throttlemeisters.  Maybe we could get ks-waterbug to hook up a group buy if there are enough interested.
That has been attempted, problem was that they weren't willing to come off the price much.  They are very proud of thier product and rightfully so, but as I recall, there were several people in for the group buy and they just wouldn't make it worth the effort....
cool.gif
Preciate the input! I can move this to the bottom of the mod list then.

so it won't hold steady speed even on a flat?
yes it will let you hold a constant speed on flat surfaces... i bought mine from Street & Track board sponsor... I believe it was $132 shipped to my door so it was cheaper than going to the throttlemeister site. If you do get them though make sure you get the "heavy units" because the smaller ones will cause you to feel more vibrations in the bars. I'm with MC Mustang though... i love mine!

so it won't hold steady speed even on a flat?
yes it will let you hold a constant speed on flat surfaces... i bought mine from Street & Track board sponsor... I believe it was $132 shipped to my door so it was cheaper than going to the throttlemeister site.  If you do get them though make sure you get the "heavy units" because the smaller ones will cause you to feel more vibrations in the bars.  I'm with MC Mustang though... i love mine!
Yes yes yes! IF its installed corrrectly and used correctly. Its NOT an electronic cruise control so it does lose some speed in uphill climbs and gains a bit in downhill runs but other than that, mine holds steady at whatever speed I want.

Back