crg mirrors

tangledclown

Registered
i have crg mirrors and bought the adapters cause i didnt want to move my controls in.the adapters are for hollow bars which the busa does not have.has anyone mounted these mirrors and how did you do it?

(Juggler @ Mar. 24 2007,12:12) pics?
Pics are required around here to troubleshoot...
guns.gif

no,you will be waiting.i dont think many other members are as anal as you.i was hoping for a member to help me..not be a jerk like you have been.i heard there were some a-holes on this forum and you have confirmed that.all i want is someone to maybe give me some insight on a past experience so go poke someone else.

(tangledclown @ Mar. 24 2007,15:05) i have crg mirrors and bought the adapters cause i didnt want to move my controls in.the adapters are for hollow bars which the busa does not have.has anyone mounted these mirrors and how did you do it?
Do you have a link to these mirrors? If I could see them it might help with your question. Does it mount at the end of the bars? If so that would be cool.

other than mounting them on the bar ends and moving the controls in that is the only way that I have seen it done other than taking a piece of pipe and welding a bolt thread to the end of it with a washer attached to create a kinda hollow bar end so that the adapters would slide into the pipe thus solving your problem but would paint them if it was me to make them look good. Most body shops and welding shops will tack weld something like that for you for a small fee. I am going off of some mirrors that I saw on ebay that were like the ones that I have seen mounted before so hopefully these are the kind that you have as well. Hope this helps it was the only way I could think of doing it other than moving the controls in.
beerchug.gif

6331035854694129161.jpg

If they look like the ones above (with the clamp) I would cut the inside edge of the bar end down and clamp the mirror mount between the bar end and handle bar. Maybe even put a pc of rubber in the center of the clamp for the mirror that is just a little thicker then the mount so when you tighten it, it squeezes out to hold mirror bracket tight.

mine had a small sleeve in the center and I took my barend off and use longer bolts to use them again with barends or use short ones an bolted them directly to the end of the bar when no barends were on..

(tangledclown @ Mar. 24 2007,20:09) no,you will be waiting.i dont think many other members are as anal as you.i was hoping for a member to help me..not be a jerk like you have been.i heard there were some a-holes on this forum and you have confirmed that.all i want is someone to maybe give me some insight on a past experience so go poke someone else.
Hey man don't take the response so personal. Making fun of people who don't pics is sort of a traditional inside joke around here. It is not to be taken literally. Although the seriousness comes in when someone makes a request for pics who genuinely wants to help you out. So just chill... it's all good, and WELCOME!!

(tangledclown @ Mar. 24 2007,20:09) no,you will be waiting.i dont think many other members are as anal as you.i was hoping for a member to help me..not be a jerk like you have been.i heard there were some a-holes on this forum and you have confirmed that.all i want is someone to maybe give me some insight on a past experience so go poke someone else.
Hey man don't take the response so personal. Making fun of people who don't pics is sort of a traditional inside joke around here. It is not to be taken literally. Although the seriousness comes in when someone makes a request for pics who genuinely wants to help you out. So just chill... it's all good, and WELCOME!!

it started with a legitimate question and the attitude came when i got a a-hole respose.i asked a simple question and this guy had to let me know"pics are required"well,anyone who has crg mirrors knows exactly what im talking about.this guy was messing with me cause of my response to his on another topic.i dont have a digital camera and my cell phone cam takes crappy pics,i didnt know about the tradition concerning pic posting.i guess its time to get a camera but honestly some guys on this board are not very friendly.

Well don't become a stranger. There is a solid base of genuinely good people here. We tend to run into very few a$$wipes, but don't stop because of that. I've been around for 5 years and can even keep up with the count of people who have acted like a donkey. But, just keep being the bigger man for it. I would venture to guess that 90% of the people around here are like family and we accept others with open arms.

no your right dude alot of people are asses here and they are tough guys on the computer.and some are just plain know it alls.
rant.gif

(tangledclown @ Mar. 25 2007,05:51) it started with a legitimate question and the attitude came when i got a a-hole respose.i asked a simple question and this guy had to let me know"pics are required"well,anyone who has crg mirrors knows exactly what im talking about.this guy was messing with me cause of my response to his on another topic.i dont have a digital camera and my cell phone cam takes crappy pics,i didnt know about the tradition concerning pic posting.i guess its time to get a camera but honestly some guys on this board are not very friendly.
Just a lillte fyi, I have never seen these mirrors you were asking about. Once hayabusa99b/w posted those pics I was able to come up with what I thought would work for you, as an idea just from the pic! BTW they look like they will work alot better then the stock dumbo ears that come on our bikes (all I could see were my elbows) So for some pics do help, you can post a pic with your phone. Here are some tricks to using a phone, Dark colored item place on light colored backround, Light colored item place on a dark colored backround. The pics would be clear enough to maybe let some get an idea of what it is. In your first post here you thought I was an a$$, I see this post and I came in and helped (at least I think I did?) So you see most of the members want to help, heck you can help me by posting a link to where you got those mirrors from might want to get me a set!
l8r.

(Hayabusa-J.R. @ Mar. 25 2007,08:45) no your right dude alot of people are asses here and they are tough guys on the computer.and some are just plain know it alls.
rant.gif
I dont think we met, and no I'm no internet tough guy!
Just wanted to say welcome!

Back