credit bureau fees

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
So, everything in your life is connected to your credit rating now days, car payment, insurance, house payments and any other "loan" is directly related to your credit rating...

Why if these are lifes necessities do we have to PAY $300+ a year to monitor these critical reports if they are so related to our personal life?

Add on top of that, if you want to lock your credit down (fraud and identity theft) we have to pay for that too....

Hey I think it is about time we be given the right to control some of our own destiny without having to pay to protect ourselves... sounds like a "protection" scheme if you ask me...

think I am going to write my congressman.....
cursin.gif
rant.gif

Mr.Bogus, not trying to sound like an azzhole, but write who ever you want. It isn't going to do ANY good. Our government has taken over our lives. They are in control of everything. They love money! They have pockets full of it, and there isn't anything we can do about it.

Think about it:
Taxes
High price of fuel
more taxes,
taxes to cover taxes,
fines,
penalties,
fee's, and anything else they can think of to keep their pockets full. They do not really do anything for us. They have our troops fighting for "oil..I mean terror" and they have us in the palm of their hands!
People say vote, vote, vote. Screw that! They are ALL a bunch of damn crooks. I say we over throw the damn government and start from scratch!
lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

Seems to me that the "company store" has just gotten a bit to big for its britches....

Everybody laughs at Ron Paul but his whole platform is about minimizing government, cutting taxes to pre WWII levels and giving Americans back control of a true democracy.

It's a little bit off topic, but still as annoying...

Tax his land & his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.

Tax his tractor & his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.

Tax his cow, his goat, his pants, & his coat.

Tax his ties, his shirts, his work, & his dirt.

Tax his tobacco & his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his booze & beers,
If he cries, Tax his tears.

Tax his bills, his gas, his notes & his cash.

Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers,
Tax him more,
Tax him until he's good and sore.

Tax his coffin & his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.
Put these words upon his tomb,
'Taxes drove me to my doom!'

And when he's gone,
We won't relax,
We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!!
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Perm it Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax), IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax), Liquor Tax, Luxury Tax, Marriage License Tax, Medicare Tax, Property Tax, Real Estate Tax, Service charge taxes, Social Security Tax, Road Usage Tax (Truckers), Sales Taxes, Recreational Vehicle Tax, School Tax, State Income Tax, State Unemployment Tax (SUTA), Telephone Federal Excise Tax, Telephone Federal Universal Service Fe e Tax, Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax, Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax, Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax, Telephone State and Local Tax, Telephone Usage Charge Tax, Utility Tax, Vehicle License Registration Tax, Vehicle Sales Tax, Watercraft Registration Tax, Well Permit Tax, Workers Compensation Tax.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

and on top of all that...
I still have to 'press 1' for English?!?!?!?
argue.gif

So, everything in your life is connected to your credit rating now days, car payment, insurance, house payments and any other "loan" is directly related to your credit rating...

Why if these are lifes necessities do we have to PAY $300+ a year to monitor these critical reports if they are so related to our personal life?

Add on top of that, if you want to lock your credit down (fraud and identity theft) we have to pay for that too....  

Hey I think it is about time we be given the right to control some of our own destiny without having to pay to protect ourselves... sounds like a "protection" scheme if you ask me...

think I am going to write my congressman.....
cursin.gif

rant.gif
You don't have to pay for it in Indiana:
http://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/press/Release.CreditFreezeLaw.html

I'm sending in my letters next week and cancelling my credit monitoring service.

Dude, you can get a free credit report once a year or any time you suspect fraud. Also, if you need a fraud alert on your credit, that is also free.

What the hell are you talking about?

--Wag--

Once a year is good for checking on errors and that's it.
If someone does steal your identity, it's all over by the time you even begin to suspect it...welcome to hell.

I know 40 states allow you to freeze your credit report, but who is giving free fraud alerts and how does it work?

If your credit is spotless and there potential negative item posted on it they will send you a letter. For free.
I deal with IT once, it took me 3 days to clear negative item from my report. Not a pleasant experience buy easy to do.

What is driving me nutz is that potential employers checking your credit now, like it has anything to do with your abilities to perform you job duties.

A yearly check is like having 1 roll of tp in the house for a year...
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
For some reason people think that they have a RIGHT for a credit.[/quote]

No it is a necessity of life

Your employment relies on credit checks now and to get a job
Your ability to rent a place to live
Your ability to buy a house
Your ability to get insurance (and your rates vary to your score)

Frankly the above are absolute necessities to live and having to "Pay" to protect such a basic item is wrong (glad IN fixed that problem)

why is it any jackazz can put something bad on your credit mistake or not and it hits that day, but when you want to take it off it takes an act of God then several months before it will come off
argue.gif

Remember Fight Club....
The whole thing revolved around an end to economic slavery and a total reset of the US economy and credit system.. Would be interesting to see it happen.

Remember Fight Club....
The whole thing revolved around an end to economic slavery and a total reset of the US economy and credit system.. Would be interesting to see it happen.
would love to see that happen!! I wish china or some other hacker super power would delete all the credit reporting agencies databases. That would be fun to see happen, TRW/Eqifax/ and the other one, all come suddenly have no data on anyone at all. Just kill the whole system
tounge.gif

Back