Crash protectors part 2

newman

Registered
Thanks For The Replies.Checked out some reviews of the T rex sliders and as usual some good some bad the good thing no fairing cuts. R&Gs fitted here in London cost £148/$225 is this cheap?. Just thinking though is says you have to take the fairing off to fix the T rex sliders on is this a hard job, I don,t want to start mucking about with a new busa especially with the girlfriend helping , Shes even trying to tell me what colour busa (blue black or red what do you think?) to get, and shes got to have matching colour clothes gloves and boots for the thing (man is she bossy he he he lovely though). Any way sorry for natttering on ta Dave.
Ogre I don't live in london any more thank god I live by the seaside now.Got knocked off my bike three times when a dispatch rider there thanks Dave.

Thanks schism checked that out interesting. I then went to look at the r&g website(Welcome to R&G Racing | Setting the standard in bolt-on motorcycle accessories and Crash Protectors) it's got a video of how to fit their crash protectors ,it looks quite simple. Their only £70/$95 Including tax about (£10/$15) and including delivery in england, (don't know about delivery outside of the eu) they take off the tax if you live outside the eu. So I might just go for them unless anyone knows better. And like I said The dealer where I'm Getting my busa will fit them for £148/$225 for protectors and fitting.thanks Dave.

A word to the wise: Be damn sure you show the dealer where you want the "Frame Sliders" mounted. I've seen a couple different busa's with the sliders mounte in the wrong place. They go on the upper engine mount. After the holes are cut in the plastic, it's too late to fix the problem.

Newman, do you have access to TITANIUM knee sliders over there in your part of the world. You can no longer find them here in the US. Not the ones with the titanium rods but the solid titanium cover.

If you'd check around and let me know, I'd be forever grateful! :beerchug:

Hi Tufbusa looked around for knee sliders it looks like motrax used to make them (see superbikes-store.co.uk) but I could not find any for sale anywhere, but on the ebay uk site there are two pairs to bid for Which are solid titanium so you could check that out good luck on that.Dave.

I would go with whatever you think will protect your shiny new 'Busa. I have been lookin at a set of Power Stuntworkz race rails.

Thanks schism checked that out interesting. I then went to look at the r&g website(Welcome to R&G Racing | Setting the standard in bolt-on motorcycle accessories and Crash Protectors) it's got a video of how to fit their crash protectors ,it looks quite simple. Their only £70/$95 Including tax about (£10/$15) and including delivery in england, (don't know about delivery outside of the eu) they take off the tax if you live outside the eu. So I might just go for them unless anyone knows better. And like I said The dealer where I'm Getting my busa will fit them for £148/$225 for protectors and fitting.thanks Dave.
:thumbsup: i hope it works out for you.

Back