Crank angle sensor

OB_gixerbike1

Registered
Hey guy's i talked to hiabuser last night.His bike has been running very poorly.It had the sudden cutout problem at first then gradually it started running very rough and then it just went to downhill.We went on a top speed run together on the way to the shop and my gsxr-750 walked away from him.He was pissed.Well anyway after a week and a half of working on it and swapping parts from a wrecked busa(another story there)The damn crank angle sensor was the culprit.The funny thing was, it showed good on the test machine.Go figure, i just wanted to let everyone know about this and hope it fixes all of the cutout problems some of you guys are experiencing.

Tommy

Yes - good news. He said he was down to 90rwhp on his Busa before he found the cure.

Since I do not have a service manuel where is this sensor located?

Thanks for the info Gixer1

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 29 July 1999).]

cisco, i think it's part of the left side engine cover,the reason i say this, is the copper /silver busa that was up at the shop and wrecked, looked like it was down on the left side, and hiabuser said they swapped that one with his and it was a little scrapped up and it would do until his new one came in.I asked him why didn't they just swap sensors and not engine covers, and he said the sensor was part of the engine cover.
Tommy

Well guys, it seems that the crank angle sensor was only part of the problem.Hiabuser picked up his bike, and i WAS running good, and the shop dynoed it at 162hp, but it cut off on him like 10 times on the way home.So he had to take it back.
If i hear something i'll let everyone know

Tommy

Back