Craigslist 2010

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Craigslist is going through alot of changes lately, they make me veryify my account quite a bit, I have had to change my password multiple times, I even got an invoice from them a couple weeks ago but it said charge was $0.00

Today I posted an ad for one of my Dads rental houses and I got this attached to the aproved ad :

Stating a discriminatory preference in a housing post is illegal, is prohibited on craigslist, and can be expensive:
you can be fined more than $10,000 for each discriminatory ad, plus damages in court, plus loss of license if you are a professional

avoid phrases which could be interpreted as discriminating by race/color/origin (e.g. 'hispanic area'), religion (e.g. 'christian home'), age / familial status (e.g. 'no kids'), disability, sexual orientation, or source of income

the words you choose can cost you - get the facts and avoid being prosecuted under fair housing law

Funny to me that folks on TV can say alot more vulgar words than they used to, and be seen in bed together and other compromising situations... Beehotches & Ho's can be in lyrics in the main stream media ... but dont you dare say anything about religion, race, origin, family ... or you will be prosecuted and sued! ???

Last edited:
That warning has been here in Ca. for years. It isn't like CR is going after you, they are giving you a heads up about the pinheads at the FH Adm. The best way is to advertise and if you don't like the perps, tell them no. That isn't against the law, yet.............

Back