Cracked already?!

HayaVegas

Donating Member
Registered
I just bought my '05, and this afternoon I see I have a crack across from my left mirror all the way to the windshield.

I have no idea how it happened. I never wheelied, nothing.

I am freaked out now, because I dont know what to do, and I wonder how this could happen.

I was checking the mirror, and if you push against it as you are passing by the bike from the riders side toward the front, it opens up the crack, so I think that could have caused it.

Anyone heard of this? Any suggestions?

Take it back tothe dealer and get it fixed under warranty.
smile.gif

I agree about having the dealership fix it, but if they won't a mirror is only about $35. Was expecting something else from the title.

Well, the dealership looked at it and agreed to replace the front fairing under warranty.

It was clearly not from an impact or anything. It simply looked like a failure in the plastic.

There was nothing wrong with the mirror, - I was just saying that the mirror base is where the crack was in line with.

Anyway, - I am glad the dealer is taking care of this. Good thing I only had the bike 2 weeks, or they might have blown me off.

Crack's Bad!!!!

Kaaaaay???

face7.gif

Hey Man,

Sorry to hear about that, though. like you said it is probably better to happen now.

Back