Couple of new mods The mods are never

DR1300R

Keep On Trucking
Donating Member
Registered
I always thought the stock footpegs were ugly plus I could use alittle more leg room being six foot tall. So heres what I did competition werkes from Lockhart prf. They were a simple install, work and feel 100% better..A very good mod imo..
The next mod came as a screw up on my part was taking off the Suzuki decal on the front nose and yup you guessed it scratched the shid out of it. So after alotta thought and cussing came up with this idea. Designed it myself and sent the pattern off to Tapeworks on the eastcoast after they contacked me and we got aprice agreed upon. 3 days later I have the decal and I'm happy with the results. New nose cone about 300 us dollars cost to repaint and match dunno, Anyhow heres the results..
Going to post afew pics please be patient..

finished_busa_003.jpg

Very tastefully done. Tapeworks has done alot of stuff for me over the years, they're top notch guys.

On the pegs, did you have to shim the openings or adjust either the shifter or brake pedal?

Also, what are the part numbers for those pegs - this looks like an easier mod than the Buell route and would provide more legroom w/o giving up any cornering clearance.

Very tastefully done. Tapeworks has done alot of stuff for me over the years, they're top notch guys.

On the pegs, did you have to shim the openings or adjust either the shifter or brake pedal?

Also, what are the part numbers for those pegs - this looks like an easier mod than the Buell route and would provide more legroom w/o giving up any cornering clearance.
no shims simple install part# is 109-2084 from Lockhart Phillips Thanks and good luck

So you went with the Gixxer 750 pegs and not the Busa pegs?

So you went with the Gixxer 750 pegs and not the Busa pegs?
yes and no the back pegs yes are from a 600,750, 1k they are all the same. The front are as stated from lockhart phillips as the gixxer pegs are not a simple install as I thought they would be. I did some cross reference and they are different for the front. Hopes this helps..

It's the front pegs that I want to change. Was it the 109-2074 pegs that you ordered?

no shims simple install part# is 109-2084 from Lockhart Ph
109-2084

Looking at the LP site, #109-2084 is the silver passenger pegs for Gixxer 600, 750 and RF600. 109-2074 is the part # for front pegs for the same bikes, plus the Gixxer 1000.

Wow, and you live in the Quad Cities....The cities are not worthy of that bike!

Get thee to Chi Town where it can be appreciated and hopefully not stolen.

I don't know why anyone would think the Buell peg mod is hard.  It took me no more than an hour, including the trial-and-error grinding time. And you can get as much extra legroom or more than those pegs offer by simply removing the thick rubbers from the stock pegs.

Ed

<!--EDIT|EdC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093642157 -->

I don't know why anyone would think the Buell peg mod is hard.  It took me no more than an hour, including the trial-and-error grinding time.  And you can get as much extra legroom or more than those pegs offer by simply removing the thick rubbers from the stock pegs.

Ed
I beg to differ with you as I did remove the rubber from the stock pegs. #1 they then look like shid with the rubba removed #2 there isn't as much room as these pegs offer and #3 these pegs you pull the pins put pegs on put pins back in that simple...AND by far the most important of all is why would anyone want to put something on a Busa that is even remotely is affiliated with the HD name..
laugh.gif

Looking at the LP site, #109-2084 is the silver passenger pegs for Gixxer 600, 750 and RF600.  109-2074 is the part # for front pegs for the same bikes, plus the Gixxer 1000.
you are correct the back on the 600 are the same as the front on the Busa...Trust me when mine came in the part # was as you say gixxer 600 blablabla but as you can see they fit very nice simple mod no trial and error grinding or HD parts either...
laugh.gif

Back