Could this Chevy Caprice look any worse?

crazy.gif

It started a few years back with 17 and 18" rims. You know the saying, if a little is good, than more must be better. I can think of a lot of better things to do with the money. But then I'm sure they think the same about the mods we do to our bikes.

Anyone here ever hear of the rapper Trick Daddy from Miami? He has a song called REPRESENT. In it he says "Dade County represent donk riders".

The donk (or as some call it the BOX CHEVY) is like the '64 Impala in California. Those who shy away from them mainly do so because they know they're goint to get pulled over many, MANY times. There aren't too many people I know here in Miami who doesn't or at least hasn't owned one. Sitting them on top of 24 and 26 inch rims is nothing new down here. I've heard about a few on 28's but haven't seen one yet. Heck even DUBS has some die-cast cars of them.

Do I like them when they're up that high ... I didn't at first. Now its so common I'm used to it.

Those fugly azz rims 28" and higher START @ 2K each. Some of the tires are an additional $1200 each. That's a lot of money to spend to make an old hunk of cra@ look even worse!

(GMbusa @ Dec. 05 2006,15:28) When i first saw these "Donk" cars i thought it was a photoshopped pic from hell. Then a magazine was started for these obominations. This is the DUMBEST thing i've seen anyone do to a car. I'm pretty open to stuff involving cars and i can understand why people do some things they do. But this just looks stupid! ALL the car guys i know laugh their asses off when we spot one of these.  Please, for the love of cars and all thing right, don't destroy your ride by doing this. If you want a lifted vehicle buy a truck.  

Damn this looks stupid..... i can't say it enough.  

I spotted this poor Caprice on Ebay.
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-Custom-Chevy-28K-Miles-7-Lift-24-Rims-DONK-BOX_W0QQitemZ250055328681QQihZ015QQcategor

yZ6162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>

STUPID!!!!!!  
guns.gif

rant.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
are you sure that's the dumbest car you have seen???

mcdonalds_car.jpg

I know I'm going to get flamed for this. But I see no difference in this and a 300 tire on a sportbike......a complete waste of money and time, fugly.

(GSXTacy @ Dec. 05 2006,21:48) I know I'm going to get flamed for this. But I see no difference in this and a 300 tire on a sportbike......a complete waste of money and time, fugly.
I'm with you...not my style but I've seen worse.

I wonder if I could be in their magazine .....I got enough lift, not enough rim ?

Jeep_May_2006_005.jpg

To me the 300 rear tire atleast has a prostreet influence going for it. The Donk thing really is stupid looking.  I guess it does come down to taste vs dollars. Some people have more than the other, and views&opinions can vary. My main concern is the quality of the work on the suspension lifts. These are completely fab'd lift kits on these cars and only an experienced welder should be doing it. I'm into the air ride, lowered truck crowd and see more than my share of hacked suspensions.
You guys know my stance on the Donk culture. They suck.

Oh, 30" rims are readily available now.  30's!  
I can't wait till 50 inch wheels come out! Woohoo!

Those are all over in Tampa Bay. Our neighbor's friend buys crappy cutlas and capris, blings them all up and sells them for $10,000 profit.

Don't ask me how.. I think it's ugly as sin.
crazy.gif

I think they look kinda neat.

But I mean... I'm with the 'do whatever you want to your car' crowd.

At least it's not the same old same old.

"DONK"? What the crap? THIS vehicle was out in 1986!! I'd SUE!
The vehicle below is designed to look like crap for the owners, and raises about 7 feet up - higher than this pic. Rent the movie. The "Gila Monster" baby!
Stiggs.jpg

We have a Tony the Tiget car running around my town. The money he has wrapped up into this thing would purchase and Turbo two Busa's! I would'nt be caught driving the pos to save grandma's life.

(GMbusa @ Dec. 06 2006,14:02) Uh-oh, do i feel a Donk Busa in the works?  
all_coholic.gif
Theres a ton of them already........you know......those 300 tire kits!

Back