cops gone mad

How about this act of kindness from a Sheriffs Department.  Makes me sick.

Wonder if Jess Jackson or Rev. Sharpton will help protect his civil liberties?

http://www.wkrg.com/news....eo
But you don't know all the facts.  Maybe he threatened to roll himself down a flight of stairs and kill himself and they threw him out of the wheelchair to protect him from killing himself?
rock.gif

So let me deal with a couple of FACTS since that seems to be the argument du jour justifying this ridiculous behaviour.

1) Fact: She called the 911 because she'd been assaulted, not because she was suicidal
2) FACT: It is POLICY to have only same-sex officers involved in a strip search, yet look what happened
3) Fact: They claimed they took the actions to protect her from herself.  List of actions taken: forcibly strip searching her and leaving her in a cell for 6 hours then released.  List of actions not taken: getting her professional medical help for her obvious physical injuries.
4) Fact: Police officers with behavioral problems are frequently removed from patrol and assigned to corrections facilities (aka jail).  This includes officers with excessive force complaints and who fail psychological tests.
5) Fact for EtrnlSoldier: I do personally know cops with get out of jail free cards, they're called badges.  If I get clocked doing 160, I'm going to jail.  My LEO buddies don't even get tickets.  It doesn't end with traffic violations and anyone with a shred of honesty who is an LEO will admit that.  Maybe not with every police force, but most.
6) Fact: I've seen someone bitten in a jail cell by another inmate.  He was taken out of the cell and returned 3 minutes later with some toilet paper to hold on it to soak up the blood.  That was the extent of his medical treatment.  I've seen a lot of other abuse as well, but that is the most relevant example.

Now for the non-factual 2 cents from me.  She was probably a drunk, mean-spirited woman who deserved to be taken down a peg or 2.  That doesn't give anyone the right to actually DO something like that just because you can.  People are sometimes treated worse than livestock in jail, and it's not right.

The LEOs I personally know are very good people and make the neighborhoods they work in a much better place and I appreciate and admire what they do.
bowdown.gif
  These clowns are of a different breed and someone needs to thin the herd.
guns.gif
How did you "see" an inmate bitten and returned 3 minutes later with toilet paper?  What were you in jail for?  
laugh.gif

Oh and, that is not, by far, the standard of medical treatment in the vast majority of jails.  He'd have gotten fixed up properly at the nurse's station, and the biter would have been charged for battery.  Unless the bite was self defense of some sort.  You were there.  Was it?  

Oh and, cop or not, you get caught doing a buck sixty, or say, driving drunk, where I'm from, it's your ass.  Especially the DUI thing.  It's not just an arrest.  You get fired and are likely to never be a cop again anywhere.  That doesn't happen with carpenters, plumbers, even doctors and lawyers.  

Generally, they can't assign you to a correctional facility unless it's a County Sheriff's office, and you're a deputy.  You're either a Police Officer, or a Corrections Officer.  They aren't interchangeable without complete re-training (aka-Academy) and doing so has to be voluntary.  

You can say "FACT FACT FACT" all you want but, that doesn't make it so.  Some of your "FACTS" are really just your subjective opinions.  

Now, on the wheelchair guy.  No excuse that I can see for that.  No resistance, just a dude in a wheelchair and dumped out onto the floor.  That CO will likely be in trouble, and justifiably so.  When you sarcastically talk about how we don't know the whole story on that one, it would appear that you're mocking my earlier posts using similar verbiage, regarding a very different scenario.  If that's the case then, well, you're way off base.  

Long story short, back to the original incident with the female getting stripped and isolated, it doesn't matter what the initial call was, ie: she was "assaulted", which is incorrect verbiage anyway.  "Assaulted" means, in most places, attacked without being struck or hit.  If she was hit, it would have been "battered."  If someone swings at you and misses, you generally aren't injured by that.  Big difference.  I can call the police as a victim, then when they arrive, become violent with them, and the whole scenario changes.  I don't really know what completely happened here, but I can admit that without becoming emotional.  Some folks need to accuse, twist and justify their vitriol with half baked "facts".  I don't see the need for that in this case.  

Go walk a beat for a few years, learn something about human nature and the profession, and come back and tell me how your views have changed in favor of reality.  Or does that arrest record prevent that?  Sorry, couldn't resist!  
tounge.gif

This is supposed to be fun, this whole internet debate thing.  Aren't you having fun?  
face7.gif
Yes, I "saw" him bitten in jail and not it was not self-defense.  Some crazy drug-addled lunatic bit him then got thrown in solitary.  I was arrested for running from the police, although strangely enough I pulled in behind the police car on the shoulder and neither officer was in the car.  They waved me over, told me they saw me speeding earlier and were waiting for me to come back by, then after a respectful discussion decided to arrest me.  They assisted in another arrest while transporting me to jail, left my bike with key and helmet on it on the side of the road and I didn't found out my charges (felony police evasion and reckless driving) until they finally processed me the next morning.  I also watched a female officer throw a handcuffed suspect down to the ground face first on the shoulder of the road for mouthing off and break his tooth (he was a little mouthy punk, but still). Oh, and I was never read my rights.  

I was never anything short of extremely respectful and polite, but I was a college kid on a sportbike and it was my word vs theirs.  I sold the bike, payed for a lawyer and got off with reckless driving after some fines and 40 hours of community service, but no record.  All for something that never happened.  How will you justify that one?  
rock.gif

And as for getting transferred to being a CO from being on the street, I also know the officer that happened to (ex-boyfriend of a friend and I really dislike him though) and it works like this: either you "volunteer" to go work corrections or you're going to be unemployed.  He's back on the street now, unfortunately.  He's borderline sociopathic.

And yes, I am having fun with this little Internet debate
ThumbsUp.gif
.  Your attempts at personal digs are going to backfire though, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're doing that in fun for now.  
beerchug.gif
 Pretty much the worst crime I've committed is speeding, although admittedly I've done more than my share of that.  I certainly have no criminal record, but I was almost a felon because of something that never happened.  Make sense why I have a strong opinion on abuse of power now?

The only fact I listed that you were able to slightly spin as opinion was the first one, so I'll retract that, but for the rest:
2) The Sherrif even admits that is the policy
3) That is exactly what they did and the rest was never done.  
4) I personally know someone this happened to.  Maybe you could take the work "frequently" out, but I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident.
5) I'm glad it's different where you are, but again; I know officers and this has happens all the time.  
6) Saw this myself, along with the rest of what I just told you.

I'll finish the same way as the last post though. I KNOW it's the exception to the rule and I have great respect for what our LEOs do. It's a very tough job and doesn't pay like it should. If it were up to me I'd make it a higher paying position and then get rid of the losers and replace them with higher quality employees that the higher wage would attract, but we have to work with what we have. The problem is when there is abuse of power and there are attempts make excuses, hide facts, play on hypotheticals or say "you just don't understand" it's an insult to the intelligence of people who are aware of what is really happening.

rock.gif

Yorad. Your lack of experience at this is really showing. Knowing a cop does not make you one. That's not a "personal dig." Just an observation. Like the other things that you consider personal digs. You said you saw something in jail, and you seem to have an issue with cops. I pointed out that you couldn't have seen something in jail unless you were there. How is that a personal dig?

Now, a bit more info for you, to further make my point.

They don't need to read you your rights unless an in custody interrogation is going to take place. In other words, unless they ask you incriminating questions about the crime involved, while you are in custody, they are not required to read you your rights. It would appear that you believe too much of what you see in movies and on television, as this is where everybody gets read their rights. Not in the real world. Just another observation.

So, you were arrested for something that never happened? Why then did you pull in behind a police cruiser? That makes no sense to me. Even with a lawyer, you got hammered for something that didn't occur, involving multiple officers? I guess that's possible but... wait, lemme find the appropriate smiley dude..oh yea..here it is...
bs.gif
Just poking a bit of fun. Sort of.

A "strip search" is different from a custodial segregation on a potentially suicidal and violent subject. Again, you can say "POLICY IS THIS OR THAT" but, quote the correct policy, eh? A strip search is where an arrested subject, who generally is cooperating, is searched for contraband before being released into general population, or where probable cause exists upon arrival at the jail to believe that said subject has contraband hidden in, let's say, "private" areas. Yes, "policy" generally is that same sex officers do routine strip searches. That is not what I saw in the video. So that point is moot as well.

Dude, if you want to sound believable, especially when you are criticizing others, you should at least make an attempt at getting some real knowledge on the circumstances and profession/tactics involved, or just be man enough to say something like "that looks bad but gee, I don't really know as I've never been there/done that and, there isn't enough info yet."

I agreed that, on some other videos, the evidence appears to be clear that the cop is in the wrong. There really isn't any thin blue line any more. For instance, had I seen a co-worker dump that dude out of the wheelchair, regardless of what he might be saying, I'd have intervened. When questioned by Internal Affairs, I'd have said that she was out of line. My career and conscience is worth more than protecting someone who intentionally goes outside of the boundaries like that. I think you'll find that most modern cops agree. That also means that I won't condemn someone without proper evidence.

This next part isn't really for you. More for that dude who made the long winded Stasi comparison.

If a black guy beats you up(even if you really deserved it, lol), would you then have an issue with all black guys? That sounds ridiculous at first but, when I see the comparisons to Stasi and Iraqi insurgents, and see cops being lumped into one big stereotyped group, suddenly it sounds less ridiculous and starts to, at it's root, resemble something like hatred and even racism. Should people hate all sportbikers because of a few fools who dart in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds on one wheel, scaring grandma to death? Come on now.

Yorad.  Your lack of experience at this is really showing.  Knowing a cop does not make you one.  That's not a "personal dig."  Just an observation.  Like the other things that you consider personal digs.  You said you saw something in jail, and you seem to have an issue with cops.  I pointed out that you couldn't have seen something in jail unless you were there.  How is that a personal dig?  

They don't need to read you your rights unless an in custody interrogation is going to take place.  In other words, unless they ask you incriminating questions about the crime involved, while you are in custody, they are not required to read you your rights.  It would appear that you believe too much of what you see in movies and on television, as this is where everybody gets read their rights.  Not in the real world.  Just another observation.

So, you were arrested for something that never happened?  Why then did you pull in behind a police cruiser?  That makes no sense to me.  Even with a lawyer, you got hammered for something that didn't occur, involving multiple officers?  I guess that's possible but... wait, lemme find the appropriate smiley dude..oh yea..here it is...  
bs.gif
 Just poking a bit of fun.  Sort of.  

A "strip search" is different from a custodial segregation on a potentially suicidal and violent subject.  Again, you can say "POLICY IS THIS OR THAT" but, quote the correct policy, eh?  A strip search is where an arrested subject, who generally is cooperating, is searched for contraband before being released into general population, or where probable cause exists upon arrival at the jail to believe that said subject has contraband hidden in, let's say, "private" areas.  Yes, "policy" generally is that same sex officers do routine strip searches.  That is not what I saw in the video.  So that point is moot as well.

Dude, if you want to sound believable, especially when you are criticizing others, you should at least make an attempt at getting some real knowledge on the circumstances and profession/tactics involved, or just be man enough to say something like "that looks bad but gee, I don't really know as I've never been there/done that and, there isn't enough info yet."  

I agreed that, on some other videos, the evidence appears to be clear that the cop is in the wrong.  There really isn't any thin blue line any more.  For instance, had I seen a co-worker dump that dude out of the wheelchair, regardless of what he might be saying, I'd have intervened.  When questioned by Internal Affairs, I'd have said that she was out of line.  My career and conscience is worth more than protecting someone who intentionally goes outside of the boundaries like that.  I think you'll find that most modern cops agree.  That also means that I won't condemn someone without proper evidence.

This next part isn't really for you.  More for that dude who made the long winded Stasi comparison.

If a black guy beats you up(even if you really deserved it, lol), would you then have an issue with all black guys?  That sounds ridiculous at first but, when I see the comparisons to Stasi and Iraqi insurgents, and see cops being lumped into one big stereotyped group, suddenly it sounds less ridiculous and starts to, at it's root, resemble something like hatred and even racism.  Should people hate all sportbikers because of a few fools who dart in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds on one wheel, scaring grandma to death?  Come on now.
I with you here man. 12 years working in a state prison makes me agree with most of what you say. Yorad is clueless. If you guys cant take videos like that, dont work in corrections.

Yorad. Your lack of experience at this is really showing. Knowing a cop does not make you one. That's not a "personal dig." Just an observation. Like the other things that you consider personal digs. You said you saw something in jail, and you seem to have an issue with cops. I pointed out that you couldn't have seen something in jail unless you were there. How is that a personal dig?

They don't need to read you your rights unless an in custody interrogation is going to take place. In other words, unless they ask you incriminating questions about the crime involved, while you are in custody, they are not required to read you your rights. It would appear that you believe too much of what you see in movies and on television, as this is where everybody gets read their rights. Not in the real world. Just another observation.

So, you were arrested for something that never happened? Why then did you pull in behind a police cruiser? That makes no sense to me. Even with a lawyer, you got hammered for something that didn't occur, involving multiple officers? I guess that's possible but... wait, lemme find the appropriate smiley dude..oh yea..here it is...
bs.gif

A "strip search" is different from a custodial segregation on a potentially suicidal and violent subject. Again, you can say "POLICY IS THIS OR THAT" but, quote the correct policy, eh? A strip search is where an arrested subject, who generally is cooperating, is searched for contraband before being released into general population, or where probable cause exists upon arrival at the jail to believe that said subject has contraband hidden in, let's say, "private" areas. Yes, "policy" generally is that same sex officers do routine strip searches. That is not what I saw in the video. So that point is moot as well.

I agreed that, on some other videos, the evidence appears to be clear that the cop is in the wrong. There really isn't any thin blue line any more. For instance, had I seen a co-worker dump that dude out of the wheelchair, regardless of what he might be saying, I'd have intervened. When questioned by Internal Affairs, I'd have said that she was out of line. My career and conscience is worth more than protecting someone who intentionally goes outside of the boundaries like that. I think you'll find that most modern cops agree. That also means that I won't condemn someone without proper evidence.

This next part isn't really for you. More for that dude who made the long winded Stasi comparison.

If a black guy beats you up(even if you really deserved it, lol), would you then have an issue with all black guys? That sounds ridiculous at first but, when I see the comparisons to Stasi and Iraqi insurgents, and see cops being lumped into one big stereotyped group, suddenly it sounds less ridiculous and starts to, at it's root, resemble something like hatred and even racism. Should people hate all sportbikers because of a few fools who dart in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds on one wheel, scaring grandma to death? Come on now.
I with you here man. 12 years working in a state prison makes me agree with most of what you say. Yorad is clueless. If you guys cant take videos like that, dont work in corrections.
Thanks for your service bro. That's a tough job. You've probably seen more than one "administrative segregation."

beerchug.gif

There are Iraqi insurgents that are "good people" too, reverent Muslims with families and dreams and jobs and principles.
Insurgents "GOOD PEOPLE" with principles?  There is not a sane cell in your brain.You are one messed up person and a waste of oxygen.
i think his avatar says it all
rock.gif
His avatar is Johnny Cash.  What exactly is wrong with that?
not that it's johnny cash but that its a pose of him flipping of people. whether it is or not it reflects that that is his attitude

There are Iraqi insurgents that are "good people" too, reverent Muslims with families and dreams and jobs and principles.
Insurgents "GOOD PEOPLE" with principles? There is not a sane cell in your brain.You are one messed up person and a waste of oxygen.
rock.gif
His avatar is Johnny Cash. What exactly is wrong with that?
not that it's johnny cash but that its a pose of him flipping of people. whether it is or not it reflects that that is his attitude
Agreed.

rock.gif
[/quote]
His avatar is Johnny Cash.  What exactly is wrong with that?[/quote]
not that it's johnny cash but that its a pose of him flipping of people. whether it is or not it reflects that that is his attitude[/quote]
I was just  
poke.gif
 with ya.  Just didn't want to see the man in black blaspemied in this very interesting thread.

Heck I ran that avatar for awhile - probably isn't any worse than my current one.

Sorry to threadjack.

rock.gif
His avatar is Johnny Cash.  What exactly is wrong with that?[/quote]
not that it's johnny cash but that its a pose of him flipping of people. whether it is or not it reflects that that is his attitude[/quote]
I was just  
poke.gif
 with ya.  Just didn't want to see the man in black blaspemied in this very interesting thread.

Heck I ran that avatar for awhile - probably isn't any worse than my current one.

Sorry to threadjack.[/quote]
laugh.gif
i remember your al bundy avatar    your current avatar is funny....but it looks like my bro-n-law
rock.gif

rock.gif

Yorad.  Your lack of experience at this is really showing.  Knowing a cop does not make you one.  That's not a "personal dig."  Just an observation.  Like the other things that you consider personal digs.  You said you saw something in jail, and you seem to have an issue with cops.  I pointed out that you couldn't have seen something in jail unless you were there.  How is that a personal dig?  

They don't need to read you your rights unless an in custody interrogation is going to take place.  In other words, unless they ask you incriminating questions about the crime involved, while you are in custody, they are not required to read you your rights.  It would appear that you believe too much of what you see in movies and on television, as this is where everybody gets read their rights.  Not in the real world.  Just another observation.

So, you were arrested for something that never happened?  Why then did you pull in behind a police cruiser?  That makes no sense to me.  Even with a lawyer, you got hammered for something that didn't occur, involving multiple officers?  I guess that's possible but... wait, lemme find the appropriate smiley dude..oh yea..here it is...  
bs.gif

A "strip search" is different from a custodial segregation on a potentially suicidal and violent subject.  Again, you can say "POLICY IS THIS OR THAT" but, quote the correct policy, eh?  A strip search is where an arrested subject, who generally is cooperating, is searched for contraband before being released into general population, or where probable cause exists upon arrival at the jail to believe that said subject has contraband hidden in, let's say, "private" areas.  Yes, "policy" generally is that same sex officers do routine strip searches.  That is not what I saw in the video.  So that point is moot as well.

I agreed that, on some other videos, the evidence appears to be clear that the cop is in the wrong.  There really isn't any thin blue line any more.  For instance, had I seen a co-worker dump that dude out of the wheelchair, regardless of what he might be saying, I'd have intervened.  When questioned by Internal Affairs, I'd have said that she was out of line.  My career and conscience is worth more than protecting someone who intentionally goes outside of the boundaries like that.  I think you'll find that most modern cops agree.  That also means that I won't condemn someone without proper evidence.

This next part isn't really for you.  More for that dude who made the long winded Stasi comparison.

If a black guy beats you up(even if you really deserved it, lol), would you then have an issue with all black guys?  That sounds ridiculous at first but, when I see the comparisons to Stasi and Iraqi insurgents, and see cops being lumped into one big stereotyped group, suddenly it sounds less ridiculous and starts to, at it's root, resemble something like hatred and even racism.  Should people hate all sportbikers because of a few fools who dart in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds on one wheel, scaring grandma to death?  Come on now.
Thanks for your service bro.  That's a tough job.  You've probably seen more than one "administrative segregation."

beerchug.gif
Ive spent the last 4 years on the statewide tactical unit. I've been involved in aprox. 100 cell extraction. Everyone is video taped for OUR protection in court. Most look about 10 times more violent than this video and we have never lost in court. People dont understand the steps that must be taken when someone claims they are going to hurt/kill themselves. Its not pretty. This video only shows what they want you to see. Period. Oh, and for those trippin' about the males being involved, get over it. The Use of Force directive says that a same sex officer will conduct the strip search UNLESS immediate use of force is needed. The same sex officer is used under a calculated use of force incident. Whey they probably didnt show was a circumstance of her banging her head against the wall or another similar act resulting in the immediate use of force. Being put in a strip cell is a normal occurance in this circumstance. Sometimes the offender MAY be given a suicide proof smock or blanket, but his only comes from the order of a medical professional. Its not a pretty situation.

Oh and by the way, we have no street cops with problems in our facility........they are not authorized to work there....different job man.

Ok, I'm a little late here. My 1st question is....... are these deputy sheriff's or detention officers? There is a difference. I think the men should have been absent, but it all depends on what is stated from the sheriff's office in court about why the men were allowed to remain that determines if their presence was needed. Folks, these types of searches happen daily with people who are just as loud if not louder that she was, and until all the information is made known in court all presumptions and judgements about this issue are premature.

bs.gif

I have no problem with cops at all, except abusive and dishonest ones.  Don't you?
dunno.gif
 You don't seem to, that's what is strange.  Cops that act that way should anger you too.  It just makes your job harder doesn't it?

You got me, I'm clueless about whether I'm supposed to be read my rights or not.  That's because I'm not a criminal.  I've never done anything I deserved to get arrested for, I'm scared of jail!  You didn't address ANY of the rest of what I saw and what happened other than to say  
bs.gif
.  That's your rebuttal?  I'm blown away.  How will I ever overcome your superior intellect?  I'll just hang my head in shame and shuffle away I guess.
heart_broke.gif

laugh.gif

In case you're interested though: I pulled in behind them because they waved me to the side of road.  The lawyer recommended I plead out, it didn't go to trial.  That was what they offered and I took it and I didn't "get hammered" I picked up trash for 40 hours.  The lawyer was the worst part, but I shouldn't have needed one except for the BS charge!  He told me it was my word against theirs and I'd be running a risk of a criminal record if I lost.  There was no doubt in my mind about whether they would lie or not because that's how I got into the situation in the first place.

As soon as I presented a legitimate story of police corruption and abuse with all the facts from a first hand perspective, you began to impugn my character and question my integrity.  Then in the next breath you claim there is no longer a thin blue line.  I may not get you to see it, but if anyone else is reading along it's pretty clear.

Regardless, I keep trying to tell you, I'm pro-LEO but that doesn't mean I can't take exception to isolated bad behavior.

Enough devil's advocate for today.  
firedevil.gif

jump9.gif
.  Next time I'll argue the other side, how about that?  Hopefully nobody takes it personally because I don't mean it that way.  My story was all true by the way, but I also know the arresting officer probably had a short career after that.  I rented from a guy who became a good friend and also was just promoted as the guy's supervisor not too long later.  He was on the way out as a problem officer.  I let it give me a bad attitude for a while because I lost the bike, but why cry about one d-bag with an attitude problem?  

Good clarification on the strip search issue.  That and some of the other explanations do make a lot of sense actually.  What was I supposed to say again... oh yeah; that looks bad but gee, I don't really know as I've never been there/done that and, there isn't enough info yet", signed Yorad.  

Devil's advocate aside, you guys rock and I appreciate what you do.  I know it's tough to do your job and protect yourselves the way you need to when you always have to look over your shoulder and the media blows everything up.  One of my very good LEO friends has a new wife and a new baby at home and he tells me everthing that he faces and how much scrutiny there is if he ever, God forbid, has to defend himself and I think it's ridiculous.  If a cop tells me to do something, I'm doing it immediately.  I think you should get your butt kicked immediately if you don't.  Tazer is fine too.  Then you should get a raise!  
clap.gif

I just wish I saw more indignity when someone on your side oviously steps out of line.

bs.gif

They should have tazzed the Bi1ch at least twice! W T fudge are they to do! she is out of control crack Ho with a power mad sugar daddy!
argue.gif

One other thing I didn't mention before; my girlfriend of 2 years worked as a corrections officer for about 6 years.  I know a thing or 2 about how the system works.  

I'm going home now.  She told me I've been a bad boy today.
laugh.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
EtrnlSoldier @ Feb. 14 2008 said:
1295835[/ATTACH] AM]

bs.gif

Thanks for your service bro.  That's a tough job.  You've probably seen more than one "administrative segregation."

beerchug.gif
Ive spent the last 4 years on the statewide tactical unit. I've been involved in aprox. 100 cell extraction. Everyone is video taped for OUR protection in court. Most look about 10 times more violent than this video and we have never lost in court. People dont understand the steps that must be taken when someone claims they are going to hurt/kill themselves. Its not pretty. This video only shows what they want you to see. Period. Oh, and for those trippin' about the males being involved, get over it. The Use of Force directive says that a same sex officer will conduct the strip search UNLESS immediate use of force is needed. The same sex officer is used under a calculated use of force incident. Whey they probably didnt show was a circumstance of her banging her head against the wall or another similar act resulting in the immediate use of force. Being put in a strip cell is a normal occurance in this circumstance. Sometimes the offender MAY be given a suicide proof smock or blanket, but his only comes from the order of a medical professional. Its not a pretty situation.

Oh and by the way, we have no street cops with problems in our facility........they are not authorized to work there....different job man.
Good info.

And I'm glad they can't work there, that's good policy.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Insurgents "GOOD PEOPLE" with principles? There is not a sane cell in your brain.You are one messed up person and a waste of oxygen.
Did I say ALL of them are "good people?" Do you not contend that they come from all walks of life just as our soldiers do? They believe in the cause they're fighting for just as we believe in ours. Just because our "principles" are at odds doesn't mean that they don't have any.

As for "comparing" police officers to Stasi agents and Iraqi insurgents, I didn't. If you'd read what I said without taking it out of context you'd understand that I was trying to explain the fact that there are good people and there are bad people within every organization, every gathering, and every group. The excuse that I've heard time and time again when a police officer oversteps his or her boundaries is, "yeah...but there are good cops out there too." I was pointing out the fallacy of this argument. We're not talking about the good ones here, we're talking about the bad ones and the good ones have no bearing on the argument at hand.

But you clearly can't read...so the point is moot.

Of course I wouldn't. I would understand that the problem lay with that particular individual regardless of race. Which was EXACTLY the point that I was making. The problem isn't ALL cops, the problem is BAD cops. There are good ones bad ones red ones blue ones and green ones. I specifically WAS NOT lumping all cops into "one big stereotyped group," that was the entire basis of my argument. What I was explaining is that we're not really angry at the police, we're angry at the people who make the laws.

bs.gif

I have no problem with cops at all, except abusive and dishonest ones. Don't you?
dunno.gif
You don't seem to, that's what is strange. Cops that act that way should anger you too. It just makes your job harder doesn't it?

You got me, I'm clueless about whether I'm supposed to be read my rights or not. That's because I'm not a criminal. I've never done anything I deserved to get arrested for, I'm scared of jail! You didn't address ANY of the rest of what I saw and what happened other than to say
bs.gif
. That's your rebuttal? I'm blown away. How will I ever overcome your superior intellect? I'll just hang my head in shame and shuffle away I guess.
heart_broke.gif
laugh.gif

In case you're interested though: I pulled in behind them because they waved me to the side of road. The lawyer recommended I plead out, it didn't go to trial. That was what they offered and I took it and I didn't "get hammered" I picked up trash for 40 hours. The lawyer was the worst part, but I shouldn't have needed one except for the BS charge! He told me it was my word against theirs and I'd be running a risk of a criminal record if I lost. There was no doubt in my mind about whether they would lie or not because that's how I got into the situation in the first place.

As soon as I presented a legitimate story of police corruption and abuse with all the facts from a first hand perspective, you began to impugn my character and question my integrity. Then in the next breath you claim there is no longer a thin blue line. I may not get you to see it, but if anyone else is reading along it's pretty clear.

Regardless, I keep trying to tell you, I'm pro-LEO but that doesn't mean I can't take exception to isolated bad behavior.

Enough devil's advocate for today.
firedevil.gif
jump9.gif
. Next time I'll argue the other side, how about that? Hopefully nobody takes it personally because I don't mean it that way. My story was all true by the way, but I also know the arresting officer probably had a short career after that. I rented from a guy who became a good friend and also was just promoted as the guy's supervisor not too long later. He was on the way out as a problem officer. I let it give me a bad attitude for a while because I lost the bike, but why cry about one d-bag with an attitude problem?

Good clarification on the strip search issue. That and some of the other explanations do make a lot of sense actually. What was I supposed to say again... oh yeah; that looks bad but gee, I don't really know as I've never been there/done that and, there isn't enough info yet", signed Yorad.

Devil's advocate aside, you guys rock and I appreciate what you do. I know it's tough to do your job and protect yourselves the way you need to when you always have to look over your shoulder and the media blows everything up. One of my very good LEO friends has a new wife and a new baby at home and he tells me everthing that he faces and how much scrutiny there is if he ever, God forbid, has to defend himself and I think it's ridiculous. If a cop tells me to do something, I'm doing it immediately. I think you should get your butt kicked immediately if you don't. Tazer is fine too. Then you should get a raise!
clap.gif

I just wish I saw more indignity when someone on your side oviously steps out of line.
Well then, it sucks that that happened to you. At least it sounds like the cop got his eventually.

And, I do intercede when I see (and have, on a rare occasion, seen) something out of line. I do indeed have a problem with ignorant cops (likely moreso than anyone here), and as much as said so.

The rest of it was just me trying to help folks get a sense of perspective on things.

Ride safe.
thumb_up.gif

bs.gif

Back