cooling problem

G

this summer my hayabusa during the stop although the fan wheel was activated the water temperature continued to increase.
somebody else has this problem.

During the first couple of hundred miles I have had this problem.It was due to air in the system.I removed the radiator cap and shook the bike side to side and the coolant disapeared! So I topped it off and repeated the shaking deal the second time it stayed full put your cap back on and you should be groovie.Also make sure you coolant resivoir is filled to the second line.Make sure to use motorcycle type antifreeze.Auto antifreeze has abrasives in it and will kill the mechanical seals on a motorcyle water pump.

I have had a coolant problem recently. While warming my bike before a ride on a cold day I had a cooland hose explode. The dealer who repaired the bike found a melted cooling fan and a broken thermostat. I have since experienced many other problems.Cuts out bogging. Starting failures.........I wish Suzuki would just give me a new bike.

Hey guys make sure you start your bike and let it come up to temp while your topping off the radiator. Then fill your your overfill to the second line. It should be fine after that.

Turbo: It's usually not necessary, although it makes sense. At operating temperature is when the thermostat opens, but by that time you will have coolant overfow all over the place due to thermal expansion. Bring it up to operating temperature with the cap on, and check it again when it cools down. Mine started going after the middle line when I was synchronizing it. I was wondering where it should stabilize (between middle and high?). I shut it off because it felt pretty hot around there. Basically, until where is normal for the needle to go?

Back