communicators ?

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
We went for our first real ride this weekend and logged about 300 miles on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning . It really sucks having my girl scream her head off while we're riding down I-85 at 80 mph . What kind of communicators should we get ? What brand is best ? What have you guys been using and how much do you like them ?

Pict0007.jpg

hrmm...not too sure about the communicators. I've heard about them somewhere here, I think, but I'm not too sure about it.

Check out the chatterbox communications systems. Get a GMRS-X2 with two headsets and an adapter cord. It works very well. You can also hook up a cd player or radio to so when she isn't wisperin in your ear you can have tunes. We have this same set-up and it's awesome. Plus if your riding buddies buy them too you can have bike-to-bike communications. My riding buddies are all to cheap to buy them so I'm SOL, hah! Good luck

hey cycleeric, I gave you the wrong model number for the top-of-the-line chatterbox. the better one is the gmrs-x1 and it has a five-mile range. around $300. it also works well at speeds well above 100 and has many features. I haven't tried any of the other brands but I heard the cheaper model chatterbox with 2 mile range was not very good for bike-to-bike comunications. thanks KS-waterbug for pointing out my mistake on the model chatterbox I was talking about.

Hey no problem, I know how easy it is to get confused when your excited about a product........ Chatterbox is a pretty decent product for the money.

I have a co worker that had the FRS 2way radios that have the option of voice activation i think it was called (VOX) it come on when you talk. They are the 2way radios like the motorola type at Best Buy and stores like that. They run about $50 or $60. We used them out in the field and they worked well.

P.S. They came with the earphone and mic in the package.

Back