Cold weather gloves

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I’d like to avoid electrics so I’m looking for some really good cold weather gauntlets. Has anyone tried these?

I want to try KemiMoto's waterproof and heated gloves, and their heated clothing.
They use battery packs, so no need to plug into the bike.
The gloves are a reasonable $90, assuming they live up to their hype.
I have had Gerbings heated riding gloves(wired, no thermostat) for about 13-14 years now, as well as just using them as regular gloves, sledding with my daughter, and they are still in amazing condition, even after being soaked in the snow numerous times(they are not waterproof).
I have no other heated gear, but couldn't ride in winter without heated gloves, they are amazing.

Last edited:
I’ve had electric gloves for years but they finally gave up. Even w/o being plugged in they are pretty good cool weather gloves but not in really cold weather. I looked at the Kemis but their reviews scared me off. Seems they have built in flaws that I don’t want to deal with. I’m not riding in freezing weather but high 40s and 50s is ok. With the sun going down before 1700, that means the eastern side of the hills on my way home have been in the shade for hours. Riding thru them for 60-80 miles gets a bit cold for my hands when it’s 52 degrees or less.

Last edited:
Terry, I'm reading your posts and chuckling to myself, this is California, it doesn't get cold here.

It was 64 and sunny today and it's the end of November, while I was doing some yard work today, I was in a t-shirt and it was awesome! If you want to ride year round, this is the place to be.

That being said and since I'm giving you a hard time, the new Busa has heated grips and they are wonderful.

DSC00499-C3.JPG

Terry at your age comfort is key . Just add a heated jacket / glove liners and experience riding bliss . Both together can be had for the price of high end winter gloves . Keep back of hands warm and not just the palm . Take a hand off the grips with heated grips it goes Cold instantly taking 4 to 5 min to reheat your palm area .

Now if you need ER back up a simple pair of 12 dollar SILK glove liners fit in any glove you own and add 7 to 10 degrees of comfort zone . example summer gloves only good to say 68 degrees now become comfortable at 60 degrees with no heat from grips . if you had heated grips this is now OK to about 55 degrees .

Your Busa and Kaw have enough power to run a 95 watt jacket / glove liners on max with ZERO issues . No hard wiring is required . Just attach the fused pig tail directly to battery.
When the heat troller is not connected there is no drain possible . Get on bike , plug in heat controller, dial to desired setting , and ride on .

Back