clutch replacement.

I put mine back in exactly how they came out :dunno:. However you do it..do all the same.

I am a little stuck. I'm trying to install my new clutch from Amazon.com: Outlaw Racing Kevlar Complete Clutch Kit Steel GSX 1300 Hayabusa 2002-2007: Automotive

All the clutch plates are similar in size except one. From what I understand I put the oddball "thinner" plate in first. Then I have two washers. One convex and one flat that came with the stock when i pulled the original out. Not sure the new one goes in but I tried putting it in the same way the clutch was originally setup and the clutch doesn't appear to be working. Any thoughts?

Now it seems like I have a problem with the countershaft. It's poking out so far now that I cant get the pressure plate onto the shaft fully so I can put in the springs. Please help.

This is the kit that I bought and where I'm noticing a leak coming from when I engage the clutch. Any help or guidance would be most helpful. I dont want to call a tech to my house but I will if I need to.

Clutch leak.jpg

photo 1 (4).jpg

If it's leaking there you probbly cracked that housing wouldn't see it but cracks aparnetly I just stumbled across this looking for answers to my clutch problems burnt my new clutch up in less than 5 min.

Update.
I finally took off the clutch assembly where I saw the leak (right under the clutch bleed valve). I found a lot of crud, grease and grime around the sprocket and that's what was holding me back. Cleaned up the area, put my clutch kit back on, put back the clutch assembly.

Bled the clutch for about 25min......with a mityvac! And I finally saw the light. The clutch lever began to have pressure again. I have never seen so much air come out of a system like this. But I'm glad it's all out and I didn't give up. Feeling accomplished here. Back on the road now. I'll post a new thread on how the clutch kit is working out.

Back